Delta Daily question

A_Tennis_Giraffe

Hello, I just started playing this game a couple of days ago after having really enjoyed Dirt Rally 2.0 from PS+.

I just have a quick question regarding the Delta Daily events that occasionally come up - are these only ever Rally events, or can they also be Rallycross or Hillclimb?

I'm just wondering if I could potentially make the top tier trophies for Rallycross and Hillclimb easier by waiting for a Delta event for these disciplines? Or are Deltas only ever going to be Rally? 

Would really appreciate if someone could give me an answer, thanks! In the month I've been playing DR 2.0 I don't recall a Delta ever being a Rallycross event, only rally ?

28 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I'm almost 100% sure that is only on Rally events. 

I still have the Rallycross (along the Wager) missing, but I barely have played Dirt Rally in the past months.. 

Ok thanks for that :) I kind of suspected that might be the case, but just thought I might as well ask here anyway. Guess I'll just have to get better then, haha!

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Don_carlito94 said:

I have played alot of daily events in the past and I'm certain that the delta daily's are only Rally events, so no Hillclimbs or Rallycross I'm afraid :(

Yeah, no worries, thanks. I got the Rallycross trophy but still working on the Hillclimb. I was all set to get it on the last event and literally in the final 10min before it ticked over a few people must have done good times and it dropped the required time by 1 second, so I ended up missing out by like 1 or 2 places ? Really annoying. Seems to be the hardest discipline to make the top tier in. 

Haven't tried the Wager events yet but I assume that'll be worse because probably only the pros do those..

• Like 1

On 28.5.2020 at 3:30 AM, A_Tennis_Giraffe said:

Yeah, no worries, thanks. I got the Rallycross trophy but still working on the Hillclimb. I was all set to get it on the last event and literally in the final 10min before it ticked over a few people must have done good times and it dropped the required time by 1 second, so I ended up missing out by like 1 or 2 places 1f621.png Really annoying. Seems to be the hardest discipline to make the top tier in. 

Haven't tried the Wager events yet but I assume that'll be worse because probably only the pros do those..

Damn that sucks man, especially when the hillclimb takes alot of time to finish. That’s how I felt back when I tried to top tier the wager events lol they’re the hardest events imo. Had to lose some money a few times because of that.

Though I always found the hillclimb events to be easy since I did Masters Championship in that category beforehand, so I ended up in the top tier in Hillclimbs every time (still play the game every now and then). Although winning the the hill climb championship on Master was not easy at all.

Before attempting wager events, I recommend you save a bit of money and do some offline championships to get familiar with the tracks if you haven’t already that is :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Don_carlito94 said:

Damn that sucks man, especially when the hillclimb takes alot of time to finish. That’s how I felt back when I tried to top tier the wager events lol they’re the hardest events imo. Had to lose some money a few times because of that.

Though I always found the hillclimb events to be easy since I did Masters Championship in that category beforehand, so I ended up in the top tier in Hillclimbs every time (still play the game every now and then). Although winning the the hill climb championship on Master was not easy at all.

Before attempting wager events, I recommend you save a bit of money and do some offline championships to get familiar with the tracks if you haven’t already that is :) 

Yeah I was pretty gutted, but I'll keep trying! They do take a long time to do, but it's not so much that - it's more the intense concentration needed for 10mins, and one tiny mistake can really cost you. I haven't touched the Hillclimb in the single player yet (only a couple of League ones I set up), so I haven't much practise at them really, so I guess to be there abouts in the online ones already is not too bad!

Thanks for the tip about the Wagers, I'll do that :) I'm currently just playing some Custom Championships for the practise and the money, along with the Career. Honestly though, I'm never going to be much good at this game, definitely not good enough to be winning consistently. I'm on a controller and automatic gears so I'll never be fast enough compared to those on wheels and using manual. Just doing the best I can with my skill (or lack of!)! Haha!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 29-5-2020 at 6:45 AM, A_Tennis_Giraffe said:

Yeah I was pretty gutted, but I'll keep trying! They do take a long time to do, but it's not so much that - it's more the intense concentration needed for 10mins, and one tiny mistake can really cost you. I haven't touched the Hillclimb in the single player yet (only a couple of League ones I set up), so I haven't much practise at them really, so I guess to be there abouts in the online ones already is not too bad!

Thanks for the tip about the Wagers, I'll do that :) I'm currently just playing some Custom Championships for the practise and the money, along with the Career. Honestly though, I'm never going to be much good at this game, definitely not good enough to be winning consistently. I'm on a controller and automatic gears so I'll never be fast enough compared to those on wheels and using manual. Just doing the best I can with my skill (or lack of!)! Haha!

If you log on to racenet via your ps4 and then log in with your smartphone on dirt rally the leaderboards are available. Also the secret wager events. The ps4 pro may be a capable gaming device, the browser is a snail. And i have a ethernet connection.