Not a sole survivor trophy troubles

I have run into some serious grief with this trophy. I thought it'd be one of the easiest trophies to unlock but it's proved to not be the case! Firstly in the theatrical cut. I had one person alive at the end I used the radio the military came I destroyed the distributor cap and the military let Alex on to the helicopter.

So I tried it in Curator's cut had everyone alive at the end, called the military, destroyed the distributor cap and everyone got on the helicopter again. I also tried to not call the military and destroyed the distributor cap and two people escaped on the duke and two people stayed on the ship and the trophy still didn't pop. (Don't know how people staying on an abandoned ship with no food and two people starving to death on a floating boat with no power or food counts as living?). 

This trophy is driving me crazy and I've come to the conclusion that you can't kill everyone in Curator's cut. So I'm heading back to the theatrical cut and see if I can get the military to kill everyone and destroy the distributor cap there. 

Unfortunately, the trophy guide doesn't go into enough detail of how to kill everyone which is one of the reasons why this trophy is so hard to get! 

EDIT: After not realising that finding certain secrets to get the military to kill you was the reason why I couldn't kill everyone I finally realised this on a different playthrough so if you're struggling make sure you discover the Captain's Hat as Fliss and an engineer's logbook just before you use the radio.

Edited by corder
puncation and editing
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My case is worse, I went for the all hearts trophy, because of this I didn't use the radio properly, no one came to rescue.

At the end, my survivors were Alex and Julia, the distribution cap destroyed, Julia died due wounds and Alex got insane. No trophy. How?????

Most annoying trophy list ever.

On 5/26/2020 at 1:21 PM, GoldenShaka said:

My case is worse, I went for the all hearts trophy, because of this I didn't use the radio properly, no one came to rescue.

At the end, my survivors were Alex and Julia, the distribution cap destroyed, Julia died due wounds and Alex got insane. No trophy. How?????

Most annoying trophy list ever.

According to this game, going insane doesn't actually count as dying. (crazy I know). The easiest way to get everyone killed is to get certain clues to tell the military which ship you're on. If you tell them you're on the Man of Medan and destroy the distributor cap they'll come and kill all survivors to keep the secret safe, this is how I got this trophy in the end. 

The first clue is when you're playing as Fliss is to pick up the Captain's hat and the 2nd clue is a certain logbook which has the ships name in it. You'll know it's the right book because the character who picks it up will say the name of the ship. After this when you use the radio, Fliss or Alex (whoever is alive at that stage) will tell the military the name of the ship they're on.

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I got this on my all hearts run.

As Fliss find the knife in the cargo hold then kill the cloaked figure you see after interacting with the coffin twice. (Brad)

As Conrad, I chose to hide from the hag, for lack of a better word, but failed causing me to run during this leapfrog section I failed and plummeted to my death.

As Alex (paired with Julia) when confronted by Junior there are no heart options so I kept picking say nothing, BAM, another one bites the dust. 2 left.

As Fliss fail the QTE against Olson but do it when the gate is falling.

Julia should get the bends when picking all heart decisions in the beginning of the game so she will die alone on the boat as stated above. 

This was my first playthrough and I did not expect to kill them all. To my knowledge, beyond making sure Fliss gets the knife and Julia surfaces without waiting, I don't think there are any mandatory secrets needed for the deaths above. 

• 1 month later...

I’m having a bitch of a time with this trophy too and wondering if anyone had any experience with this.

My brother and I did a couple playthroughs together and we painstakingly fulfilled all the requirements for the level 3 clearance ending where the military comes aboard and kills everyone, but we couldn’t get the trophy to pop.

After sitting through the final chapters (Matters of the Heart/The End) a couple more times, as well as the entire credits each time, we managed to get the trophy to pop for him. We sat through the ending chapter a couple more times and the trophy still hasn’t popped for me. We were playing on my saved data and I was the one hosting the game, so why did it pop for him (guest player) and not me? What gives?

I would keep trying, but my brother is seriously losing patience at this point in time so I don’t want to force him to sit through more upskippable scenes praying that we can pop this buggy ass trophy. Normally I would just attempt this one solo, except it’s not that simple as it’s almost certainly going to conflict with my Hearts/Heads playthroughs…

Any advice?

Edited by dieselmanchild

On 10/30/2021 at 11:39 AM, dieselmanchild said:

I’m having a bitch of a time with this trophy too and wondering if anyone had any experience with this.

My brother and I did a couple playthroughs together and we painstakingly fulfilled all the requirements for the level 3 clearance ending where the military comes aboard and kills everyone, but we couldn’t get the trophy to pop.

After sitting through the final chapters (Matters of the Heart/The End) a couple more times, as well as the entire credits each time, we managed to get the trophy to pop for him. We sat through the ending chapter a couple more times and the trophy still hasn’t popped for me. We were playing on my saved data and I was the one hosting the game, so why did it pop for him (guest player) and not me? What gives?

I would keep trying, but my brother is seriously losing patience at this point in time so I don’t want to force him to sit through more upskippable scenes praying that we can pop this buggy ass trophy. Normally I would just attempt this one solo, except it’s not that simple as it’s almost certainly going to conflict with my Hearts/Heads playthroughs…

Any advice?

I killed everyone during my all Hearts run, see my previous post for more details. It's been over a month but if you need more details on my post let me know and I'll rack my brain to see if I can shake anything else out.

I can add that Conrad needs to NOT escape in the speedboat and Brad needs to stay hidden. Also, while playing as Fliss do not open the door in the back room with the coffin. Oh, and Julia needs to surface early to get the bends at the end. Following all Hearts should lead you down these paths naturally but it helps knowing what specific actions should happen.

Edited by da-Noob123

8 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

I killed everyone during my all Hearts run, see my previous post for more details. It's been over a month but if you need more details on my post let me know and I'll rack my brain to see if I can shake anything else out.

I can add that Conrad needs to NOT escape in the speedboat and Brad needs to stay hidden. Also, while playing as Fliss do not open the door in the back room with the coffin. Oh, and Julia needs to surface early to get the bends at the end. Following all Hearts should lead you down these paths naturally but it helps knowing what specific actions should happen.

Thanks man. I ended up just giving up and popping it in one of my additional solo runs. Very irritating with these glitched trophies.

46 minutes ago, da-Noob123 said:

Luckily they seem to have ironed out many of the trophy issues in Little Hope, I hope it is the same for House of Ashes. 

Yeah thankfully I read that Little Hope added a lot of quality of life improvements that make a massive difference as well. Like a Heads/Hearts tracker and the ability to access Chapter Select from the start and replay chapters or scenes if you make a mistake.

After a blind run of Little Hope I plan to follow the guides to a tee. Unfortunately I learned the hard way in Man of Medan that so many trophies, endings, collectibles etc. conflict with one another in various ways, which lead to numerous additional replays. And with the way the game saves instantly and has no way to reload checkpoints or chapters, all it takes is one mistake or accidental click and your entire run goes down the toilet.

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, HugoL33 said:

When? No matter what I do, they always survive this scene.

From what I recall happening, the guy with sledgehammer corners Fliss and they run around the crates/ coffin and eventually they end up struggling under a the large door/ gate. Julia activates it and failing this QTE causes Fliss to get squished. In the run I completed everyone dying, it was also my All Hearts run and it was normal non-curator run. That's about all I can remember. 

• 6 months later...

trying to get girls live only trophy but its a nightmare, the guides are very well done on this site but i wish it could be clear what version you have to play, im on solo mode trying to get alex to die at the hands of the olson chase but juila gets grabbed everytime , youtube videos have the playout of deaths etc for all the guys but again no mention of what version it is, now i have to play up to this chase again for the 5th time to test the curators cut and see what happens, so frustrating great game but so complex =/