PixelRipped 1995 Trophy Thoughts

Soraking1991

Looks like a blast and some really fun nostalgic trophies (blow the cartridge, don't wake the parents) I can't wait. The first game was such a great time. The only problem was no plat trophy and the "beat the first level without looking" trophy. Definitely going to try to 100 percent the first one and really looking forward to my first Pixel Ripped platinum. Too bad devs can't retroactively give a game a platinum because the first Pixel Ripped deserves one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrPhrips said:

Looks like a blast and some really fun nostalgic trophies (blow the cartridge, don't wake the parents) I can't wait. The first game was such a great time. The only problem was no plat trophy and the "beat the first level without looking" trophy. Definitely going to try to 100 percent the first one and really looking forward to my first Pixel Ripped platinum. Too bad devs can't retroactively give a game a platinum because the first Pixel Ripped deserves one.

Couldn't agree more :)

I can't wait to buy it on the 19th (EU version)

“Beat The Game Without Dying” - no idea if this can be done via level select yet. I still have to do two levels via level select and will update. 

Edit: Has to be done from chapter one, but not in one sitting. If you die, you'll have to restart from level 1. 

Edited by MikeCheck--
  • Like 2

On 5/14/2020 at 7:50 PM, Devasstator said:

Has anyone been able to confirm the level select works for without dying?

I'm not sure of that yet. That's the last trophy I need. My guess is that it would work. Otherwise it's kind of asking you to play through start to finish without dying once.

On 5/16/2020 at 1:12 AM, MrPhrips said:

I'm not sure of that yet. That's the last trophy I need. My guess is that it would work. Otherwise it's kind of asking you to play through start to finish without dying once.

Just bit the bullet and can confirm, no, you cannot just replay levels you've died in.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/13/2020 at 2:39 AM, Soraking1991 said:

I’m not sure why but save-scumming is not working for me... either that or I’m failing in some way I’m unaware you can fail 1f615.png

I tried it twice and it didn't unlock for me. I didn't fail or die anywhere and I didn't even make a sound in level 3. The only thing I can think of is that when I exit the game, it registers it as a "death," or else they changed the requirements with the latest update. Really freaking annoyed and disappointed I wasted so much time on this. It's going to be another incomplete game on my profile just like Pixel Ripped 1989. 

Edit: I tried it a third time, deleting my save so I could start a new game and only quitting/saving immediately after the save icon appears. Had a nearly perfect run and only had to reload once. It still didn't pop for me. I played through the epilogue at the end just in case, but nothing. Doesn't seem like it's possible to quit the game and still earn this trophy. 

Edited by bud-arc