YOUR FAVORITE PLATINUM

ThatSwampe

Without looking through my list, two immediately come to mind.

The Last of Us Remastered - 5.20% rarity

Lfd4cf0.png

1L351129.png

Just a fabulous game.  Great balance of immersive story and game play.  Really stays with you long after you finish playing.  Can’t wait until Part 2.  Also, the multiplayer was quite enjoyable and all MP trophies unlocked through normal gameplay.  No inane requirements necessitating boosting.

NBA 2K16 - 0.03% Rarity

Ld71e54.png

1L1fe6b5.png

PS Plus introduced me to this fabulous series and have continued to play later installments.  Really a deep game, so many game modes.  A long and challenging platinum but very enjoyable.  You unlock most playing the various game modes naturally - just need the skill and dedication!

• Like 1

I’ve got a spicy pick: Killing Floor 2

The reasons are that the game is really fun (I still keep coming back to it months after getting the platinum for fun, which is something I almost never do for a game) and the trophy list is really well designed. Most of the trophies are pretty easy, but there’s a few built in there that challenge you to complete a level on the hardest difficulty or defeating a boss without allowing it to heal. The trophies are naturally built into the gameplay and it didn’t feel like a huge stretch to go for the trophies because I was already naturally playing the game in a way where I earned almost all of the trophies. The only bad part is the PvP mode but those 2 trophies are fairly straightforward.

Edited by ResoluteRock
  • Like 2

Skyrim just cause I absolutely love the game and being in that world makes me happy.

Mirror's Edge cause it took a lot of practice and dedication but I did it and even a decade later I am still proud for pulling off some of those speedruns. 

• Like 1

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

I love this game and I think it’s criminally underrated. It was both fun and annoying to platinum. Most of the trophies are pretty strait forward and entertaining but then there’s some that were frustrating aka the breach trophies. Super glitchy and require lots of patience but definitely worth it in the end

• Like 3

Red Dead Redemption 2 because it takes time and commitment . 

13 minutes ago, Fearless0610 said:

I love this game and I think it’s criminally underrated. It was both fun and annoying to platinum. Most of the trophies are pretty strait forward and entertaining but then there’s some that were frustrating aka the breach trophies. Super glitchy and require lots of patience but definitely worth it in the end

i look forward to get the platinum for Deus Ex . i have heard that the game play is similar to dishonored and i hope it's true

• Like 2

Subnautica. The best game I played and the trophy list makes the game even more interesting, it forces you to explore different areas by yourself and thats how you progress the story. There were no annoying trophies, it was just a really fun game and fun plat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jonesey46 said:

Skyrim just cause I absolutely love the game and being in that world makes me happy.

Mirror's Edge cause it took a lot of practice and dedication but I did it and even a decade later I am still proud for pulling off some of those speedruns. 

I'm working on Mirror's Edge right now and it's probably one of the most skill-based plats I've ever done... it's pretty brutally difficult for me, so yeah, it's worth being proud of imo.

Final Fantasy X is my all-time favorite, but I'd been lying if I said I'd do the sphere grind again.

Usually, it's games I don't mind platinum multiple times  whether they're stacks, or me using a different account, they don't have to be a long grind, got to be engaging, and simply put, the trophy list is as painless and enjoyable as possible, bonus point if the game allows you different "playstyles":

Stuff like:

Bloodborne

Crash Team Racing

Dark Souls 2

Borderlands 2

Devil may Cry 3

Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, maybe COM if I'm drunk

Soulcalibur 2 and 5

Tekken 6, ttag and 7

Etc

1 hour ago, Sina-VanDerLinde said:

Red Dead Redemption 2 because it takes time and commitment . 

i look forward to get the platinum for Deus Ex . i have heard that the game play is similar to dishonored and i hope it's true

Deus Ex takes a little bit to get used to and the stealth is a little harder than Dishonoured (since there’s no powers). But it’s very fun.

• Like 1

Epic Mickey 2. 1Sec7ab1.png

While the concept as a whole was squandered big time, I still got a really fun adventure exploration game that at least tried to tell a story worthy of the Floyd Gottfredson epics that came before it. IMO, visually speaking there exists no platinum as perfect as this; simply designed, easily recognizable, and a colored with a shiny beautiful blue. It being of high rarity adds to appeal.

2 hours ago, LoveInHell said:

Subnautica. The best game I played and the trophy list makes the game even more interesting, it forces you to explore different areas by yourself and thats how you progress the story. There were no annoying trophies, it was just a really fun game and fun plat.

Yeah I love that platinum too. It was straight forward platinum.

• Like 1

Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-Man, and God of War all offered the type of trophy list that I like to see. If you 100% complete the game, you get the plat.

There's no bs like "play the game on Super Duper Big D!ck Difficulty with one hand behind your back in under 5 hours" which is only unlocked after beating in on Medium D!ck, Big D!ck, and again on Bigger D!ck Difficulties to prove you "mastered the game."

It's simply "play and enjoy" which is just a thing of beauty

• Like 2

Can I list at least 10 of them? It's impossible to pick only one.

Final Fantasy XIII (and Lightning Returns)

Saints Row the Third and IV

Dragon's Dogma

The Mass Effect trilogy

Sleeping Dogs

GTA IV

Metal Gear Solid 4 and V

Watch Dogs 2

Bloodborne

Oops, that's more than 10. Ok, here's a few more:

Final Fantasy XV

Gravity Rush R and 2