YOUR FAVORITE PLATINUM

ThatSwampe

@ThatSwampe: And what's yours? You're asking us but not sharing (I noticed you "only" got five, but still).

I couldn't give only one, but that would be between:

• Fallout: New Vegas, cause it was my first (ooooowww)
  • XCOM: EU and XCOM 2, I just can't stop playing those games, even after 100%
  • The Witcher 3, this game is the only one I stacked in same gen, that must mean something
  • Alien: Isolation, a little bit rough on the edges, but what a trip!
  • Conan Exiles, ... just kidding! ?
  • Like 3

Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match. Simply put, i love the anime, so i was looking forward to play the game. Even though it was too easy for me, i still loved every moment of it (with the exception of certain DLC missions which were rather hard).

I massively enjoyed Skyrim's. I played the game for the first time on PS3, but didn't get past Riverwood due to killing a chicken which resulted in chaos and mayhem, as I became hunted throughout the province for being the worst kind of Imperial alive - a chicken murderer. Ended up with bounties everywhere and couldn't really do anything in the game without being chased, so I put it down and didn't continue. Bought it on PS4 a few years later, made sure to avoid killing those chickens, and my true Skyrim journey begun! I didn't set out to get the platinum initially, but I enjoyed the game a ton, and the trophy list was designed in a way to make sure you've completed all the available storylines, and then some extra stuff on the side. That was something I liked. Played around 6-8 hours a day nearly everyday for about a month and a half til I got that shiny platinum. I had a great time! :) 

Edited by Mayellie
  • Like 4

I'd probably put them in this order for most fun:

1. Deadpool (PS3)

2. Darksiders Series (PS3, PS4)

3. Red Dead Redemption

Proudest would be Mortal Kombat (PS3).  I'm not great at fighting games and it took me like 8 years to complete but I finally got through it.

Edited by JaneAusten69
  • Like 1

WWE '13. I grinded so hard on that game to achieve max rank online. Took almost 3-4 hours a night for 2-3 months. To top it off, there was a bug where the ranks would reset to 0 sometimes. Left my console on the whole time and me and 1 other boosting stranger did it together religiously every night. Will forever be my rarest platinum.

• Like 1

Resident Evil PS3/PS4. 

One of if not my all time favourite games. I played the original on the gamecube and fell in love with it then. It is the perfect template of how a remake sholud be done, they added so much!

The trophy list was fun, the trophy images were great and trophy names too.

I was super happy when then plat popped

• Like 1

Pretty recent, but my all time favorite platinum is Star Wars Battlefront 2. Never thought I could make it through that star ship grind but I finally did it a couple weeks ago and have that amazing platinum now. But other than that grind, I didn't even trophy hunt for this game, I just played and enjoyed it enough they all came naturally. Which doesn't happen to me often lol I always trophy hunt the games. It is such an amazing game now compared to it's launch and probably my favorite of this generation.

Honorable mentions however are NFS Hot Pursuit and Spider-Man (The amount of excitement I had for the launch of that game, I have only had twice, for that game and for getting my car)

WetRaindrops.png

Edited by WetRaindrops

It kind of goes without saying why but it's a close race between Uncharted 4 and Crash Bandicoot: Warped. Uncharted 4 because my favorite series built up to a finale that really paid off, and Crash Bandicoot: Warped because it was the first game I've ever played and I never thought my childhood would get remade, and these were my 50th and 75th platinums respectively.

• Like 1

It's very hard to choose only one, but I will go with my second platinum, Final Fantasy XIII. Despite all the hate, I really loved that game, and even the long grind at the end to maximize all weapons was enjoyable. More than only a game that I enjoyed the gameplay, graphics, story, OST, I felt connected at an emotional level. This is why I think this platinum is different. 

Previously, it was Persona 4 Golden. I really adore that game to the point I didn't feel its plat was tedious ?.

But currently, the honor goes to Streets of Rage 4, I just love everything about this game and i'm willing to playing it for years to come.

Edited by milanbarca82

When it comes to difficulty probably something like Mirror's Edge, Dead Space 2 or Wipeout HD. But the one I had the most fun with was Skate 3.

Fantastic game where going for the platinum made the game even better, since you gained so much skill during your journey. You don't level up or get better stats. It's just you as the player getting better and better. In the beginning it's even hard to jump over a gap with a flip trick cause you don't know how anything works. Later on challenges like that are a joke but you have to tackle way harder ones. I just really liked the challenges and the progress I made as a player.