YOUR FAVORITE PLATINUM

ThatSwampe

Bloodborne - Awesome Souls like game with some of the most epic and memorable bosses in recent memory. Wouldn't mind playing this again on an alt.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Terrific story with a rugged but disciplined and likeable protagonist (Geralt). Gwent was a very enjoyable minigame. Loved going through the side quests as each and every one was different. Good music. Memorable cast. A skill tree that was both compelling and fun to mess around in. A dialogue tree that a number of games afterwards have drawn inspiration from.

If it wasn't for my big backlog, I would stack this game on my profile.

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection - Some of my earliest and happiest childhood memories were on the Sega Genesis. A fair number of good Sega games, others... not so much. Bought this collection mainly for the Sonic the Hedgehog and Streets of Rage titles. Seeing Phantasy Star and other early Sega JRPGs was a treat. The interviews with the Japanese developers were pretty fascinating and compelling. A good collection from the days when Sega kicked ass.

DOOM -  The 1993 classic that changed the video game industry. Was fun to relive those memories from so many years ago. No real multiplayer unfortunately. That Nightmare Co-Op trophy was a load of bullshit. Other than that, this was an enjoyable old game that more people should play.

Dead Space 2 - Mostly for Hardcore Mode. It is NOT easy. Deaths sending you back two hours from where you were was tragic. I persevered, and up to the very end this was a journey that took a lot of courage and persistence to finish.

Assassins Creed II - Pretty much the game that gave this series a household name. Likeable protagonist. Awesome music by Jesper Kyd. An open world just compact and a story short enough to not overstay their welcome. The feathers sucked, but that was the only truly bad part of the game for me. Decent present day storyline, rivaled only by Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

Velocity 2X - Challenging and difficult, but fair. An awesome mix of shmup and 2-D platforming, with a music soundtrack bound to bring adrenaline to the player. One of the better indie games I played and finished on my profile.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood - Most will say The New Order, since that was the game that revived the Wolfenstein franchise. But it was The Old Blood that gave me the most enjoyment.

Classic old school style FPS gameplay, with actual Wolfenstein 3D levels being required to get some of the trophies. Minimal in story and presentation, which I cannot say the same to Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. Some of the challenges were tough, but were perfectly doable for me.

• Like 2

Just now, lilpain97 said:

This is the day KaKrackle became my step dad. Met him on PSNP then ended up not living far... Ended up platting Ikaruga and in the process became my step dad. Ikaruga will be my favorite plat for this reason.

‘Twas a  magical day son

• Like 1

Well, I thought bout write that every plat I have is my favourite, but then I analyse my account and choose my favourite ones:
GTA V - one of my favourite games of all time, I was in love with online until flying cars and bikes came out. There was only 1 trophy that I complain about. (numero uno)
GTA San Andreas - my favourite GTA game, with easy plat.
Witcher 3 - my first plat, great game from a studio of native origin.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

- Mirror's Edge (including the DLC: 90 star rating for TT. Did the whole thing in 4 days and turned out to be a top 100 WR for 100%

which was awesome cause all I tried to do was not think of the pandemic at the time.)

- Evil Within 1 (悪夢 -AKUMU- is a good test for any gamer).

And for remastered versions of: 

The original Modern Warfare (time trial's and veteran mode are no joke xD).

Fahrenheit (a few QTE's almost drove my banana's. That last rooftop was bonkers.)

and Shadow of the Colossus (both were very nostalgic and epic. Plus challenging in their own way. Loved it.)

Edited by Julius Spin
  • Like 3

XCOM 2 - My favorite game ever, and pretty challenging at that. 

Afrika - An awesome game with pretty graphics. Compared to all the shooters its therapeutic in a way XD.

Yakuza Kiwami/Yakuza Kiwami 2/Yakuza 4/Yakuza 6/Judgement - The best Soap opera ever, also minigames and awesome Substories.

Warhammer 40.000 Mechanicus - I was the first in EU who got the Platinum. so yeah... ^^

Attack on Titan 1 and 2 - Surprisingly funny games if you consider that its about giants eating humans. 

The Walking Dead / Beyond Two Souls / Heavy Rain / Detroit become Human / Life is Strange / The wolf Among Us- Interactive movies are like, way better than actual movies. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

For me its mag really wish you could still platinum it. I would add it to this name if I could. The gameplay was great online only with  quite a decent player base when I went through also really enjoy the platinum trophy image :).

Would be nice to see a remaster version of it one day tho.

Edited by TrickyCompa

Yakuza 5. I love the series so much, and this was incredible fun. Just the right side of challenging, and encourages you to play every aspect of this phenomenal game

Astro Bot is a close second, given it’s one of the best platformers ever made snd made me fall in love with VR all over again…but it’s over too quickly and isn’t particularly varied as a plat

Edited by thefourfoldroot

Killzone 2 is my favourite, and comes with a few nice tidbits. I started this game on May 14th 2010, and by August had completed all trophies apart from elite difficulty. This was (and still is) my favourite online game to play, I ploughed well over 1000 hours into that game, and I still feel it’s not enough. 

I attempted elite several times over the following months, but could not beat Radec no matter what I tried. Then April 2011 happened, and psn went down with the hack. I could no longer enjoy the online portion of the game, and decided to focus on beating Radec. Eventually, on the last day of the hack, May 14th 2011, I killed him, and popped the platinum. 1 year and 3 hours after I first started the game, it was like it was meant to be. I celebrated so loud that my dad ran upstairs thinking something was wrong. ? 

This was only my 9th plat at this time, and the 3rd from the psn downtime that month. I feel like this was the platinum that really made me catch the trophy bug, and as much as I hate hackers and the fact we were offline for so long, I think without being forced to just play offline, I may never have beat that game - so I’m thankful for what happened! 

• Like 2

It’s an even tossup between Bloodborne, Fallout: New Vegas, and Wolfenstein 2009 for me. Love the games so much that I dedicated a huge chunk of time learning everything about them in order to do all trophies speedruns. 

I would recommend Bloodborne to anyone who likes a fair challenge and gothic/supernatural settings…absolutely amazing game.

I would recommend New Vegas to fans of role playing games, and although the game can sometimes run like shit on consoles it’s still such a great experience and totally worth the platinum/100%. 

I would recommend Wolfenstein 2009 to anyone who likes classic FPS adventures. You cannot obtain the online trophies anymore, but the campaign is a classic and so much fun. 

Edit: Even though BioShock is my favorite game of all time, it having so many trophy stacks devalues the platinum in my opinion lol. 

Edited by HoorayForTyler
  • Like 1

Call of Duty World at War - I started playing CoD with CoD2, I started becoming obsessed with this franchise with World at War and the rest is history.

My first Platinum back in 2009. The grenade spam on Veteran on Heart of the Reich is still a thing of nightmares.

Fallout 3 - I'll play this game from start to finish all over again. I don't stack games that much but when I do, it's because I really like the game.

Red Dead Redemption - My favourite PS3 game. Bonus points: my favourite designed Platinum trophy. That Platinum horse is amazing.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - My favourite PS4 game. A masterpiece. A jewel. A top ten video game. Rockstar's best protagonist: Arthur Morgan. Best story in a video game only rivaled by The Last Of Us 2.

Resident Evil - My favourite game franchise on PlayStation. Best remake ever. Platinum #100. LOVE this game.

Street Fighter IV - Still my proudest Platinum to date, I remember staying up late every day chipping away on those trials one by one. I spent months on those and back then there wasn't a lot of information online on how to make them easier. I had to dig deep and overcome this monster of a Platinum trophy. Made Super Street Fighter IV relatively painless as I already had the muscle memory down for 1 frame links/C.Viper cancels, Gen's kick etc.

Tomb Raider - Best reboot ever. The gameplay is so much better than in Uncharted. Lara Croft really hit her stride with this one. This also marks the start of my journey over a year ago in making a serious effort in tackling my trophy backlog and increasing my completion percentage. I had the missable campaign trophy and the dreaded online mode trophies left, this was at a sub 90% completion for many years. Getting this Platinum cleaned up after so many years motivated me to start doing that with all of my older games.

WipEout HD - My favourite racing game franchise is F-Zero, closest thing to that on PlayStation is WipEout so I really enjoyed my time with this game. Hardest racing game Platinum I have, Zone Zeus and Beat Zico are forever ingrained in my mind when it comes to hard trophies.

Edited by FreshFromThaDeli
  • Like 2