decent game but terrible level design

i really enjoyed the adventure in this game but the level design from these devs just doesnt seem to evolve...ive played xillia which has some of the worst level design ive seen in any game (corridor fields and copy-paste ports?) and zestiria i really like but also has the same corridor dungeons over and over again and esp. the bonus dungeon was terrible and now berseria still has the same problem

why are the devs so obsessed with creating places where you just run along corridors in very artificial dungeons all day. and this is coming from someone who really likes ff13 and ff10...

also the puzzles are extremely simple and not exciting at all

i hope the next tales game, and really future 'jrpgs' in general, will have better level design bc this is getting tiring

• 8 months later...

Exactly my thoughts as well. The cutscenes in between are fantastic and the overall combat is pretty solid but the levels are so incredibly boring to get through. Bought it a few months back for 4 euros in a sale (haven't played it for a while, my backlog is just big) but getting through some areas is just very boring and it gets tedious quickly.

Definitely going to get platinum one day but I'd have to push myself to get through those boring levels :P

(And yes, late to the party considering the OP is from may 2020)