Feedback

sholmes1802

Hello,

I am thinking of purchasing the game, but just wondering what people who have played it think of it. Is it a great co-op game? Is it just for 2 player couch co-op? 

I have heard similarities between this and Overcooked, which is a game I love but also stresses me out. 

I am still unsure if to get it.

Actually, it's up to four player couch co-op. There is no online multiplayer. 

https://www.team17.com/moving-out-faq/moving-out/

I only played it for two hours so far. It has been fun. The only thing that can be a bit frustrating is when you get stuck while moving a large object like a couch or bed. I do enjoy trying out stuff like moving weird objects in the truck which are not on the list (like a turtle, gnome or whatever catches your eye) before the level objectives are known. 

The fun differs from Overcooked, but there is definitely an enjoyable experience. You don't have to achieve a certain score but to achieve the gold medals you have to move everything out within the time limit.

Not sure what caused the stress in Overcooked for you. Some scores were tight to get but that's about it. 

• 1 month later...

I've played through about half the game now with 4 people and we've had a really fun time with the game. Some of the later levels can get pretty tricky and require you to get the levels finished in a pretty fast time but they are certainly achievable. The 3 challenges that come with each level are great too and mix up the game from it's repetition.

In terms of trophies, I know it's not very difficult due to being able to use assist mode but we're trying to get the plat without using assist mode which is challenging but satisfying when you finally complete a level you've been on for an hour. Would definitely recommend getting this game if you've got at least 1 other person to play with.

My partner isn't a gamer but has come to love playing Overcooked together. I bought Moving Out for the same reason - the perceived similarities. We played about 3 levels and enjoyed the game but just not as much.

They both require communication and co-ordination but the only stress point in Moving Out seems to be the timer to get everything on the truck and not break a few things. Overcooked for us provides more of a challenge in terms of pressure to not miss or make errors in orders, burn any food, forget to wash dishes all while serving each dish to an individual timeframe. There just feels like theres more to keep track of.

Also, a complaint of mine is there's no dash action in Moving Out.. if you need it for cooking, you need it for moving ?.

If you feel Overcooked is too stressful, you may actually find moving out more enjoyable. 

Edited by black__bunny