Mini Trophy Guide

TheBlaskar

Great guide, that's gonna be really helpful for new players.

Not sure if you know about saves (since you kept writing uploading/downloading savegames), but once on a vessel and you're about to die or whatever else happens you don't like, just quit out to main menu and continue. This puts you back to before entering the vessel.

I feel like cheating doing this but i started abusing that more and more towards doing the platinum.

Not sure why they thought this was a good idea since that kinda defeats the whole purpose of a rouge-lite/like but it's even in one of the tooltips how the game is saving so whatever.

With this method, difficulty barely is a 4/10, it's just a bit grindy but the game is a lot of fun so i personally don't mind.

Some additional info to reduce playtime per playthrough:

Action Item 5 or also even 4 can be totally skipped (as in not searching for them) if you have 300-500 materials and merits each, just start crafting them and buy whatever materials you're missing in the Krell-Mart (40 merits=160 materials on depth 5, can be a bit hard to find though).

Below is a list of every part needed for the Action Items, materials to craft them and in which section of the vessel the part can be found.

Citizen Card
ID Card (20 Bio, 60 Data) - Sec
Line Printer (20 Data, 20 Slag) - Cubes

HR Computer
Wiring Diagram (40 Data, 40 Plaz) - Helm
Tacputer (80 Data, 40 Slag, 40 Volt) - Tubes
Mouse Ball (80 Plaz, 80 Volt) - File

Water Cooling
Body Fluid (80 Plaz, 80 Slag, 160 Volt) - Drier
Cool Pops (80 Data, 80 Plaz, 160 Volt) - Break
Water Based Lube (80 Bio, 80 Plaz) - Suite

Transmitter
Lette Wheel (160 Plaz, 80 Slag, 80 Volt) - Spin
Handset (320 Data, 320 Slag) - Helm
Atomic Clock (320 Data, 320 Volt) - Drier

Reg Certificate
Ink (320 Bio, 320 Slag) - Tombs
CNT Stamp (160 Bio, 320 Data, 160 Plaz) - File
Laminator (320 Plaz, 320 Volt) - Sec

Feel free to use if needed and have fun!

Edited by TetsuyaPlay4
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, TetsuyaPlay4 said:

really helpful for new players

Thanks for the help! I added the "main menu" tips to the mini guide, but the materials needed for upgrading would be a godsend for new players as well, and where to find the action items especially. I'll add that in there too. At this point, we might as well just make an official guide together since we've put in most of the work already

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BCarsonElite said:

At this point, we might as well just make an official guide together since we've put in most of the work already

Thanks, but i wouldn't really know where to start, i've been just a lurker and not activly posting or whatever.

I just really love the game but didn't found a lot of infos (yeah i know about some achievement site) or even an active community for it, which is a shame, so this felt like the perfect place to communicate and contribute even a little bit.

47 minutes ago, TetsuyaPlay4 said:

didn't found an active community for it

Yeah man i noticed that there wasn't as much excitement around the PS4 release as I'd expected there to be. I'm sure it'll grow to be more of a cult classic and will garner the attention it deserves over time, though. At least I hope it does

• Like 1

On 5/12/2020 at 5:07 PM, BCarsonElite said:

People take those very seriously, it's easier just to make a mini trophy guide with the same information but much less responsibility :P 

Hey, just wanted to let you know that you know enough about this game to expand this into an actual trophy guide pretty easily and without too much stress. I did something like this for Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life and then expanded it into a full guide and it was a lot of fun! And then I got hooked on guide writing

If you need any help or wanna know more about writing guides, you can give me a shout or shoot a DM to any of the helpful folks on the Guide Team

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

Guys  best traits you have found? 

I think Trigger Happy is legitimately insane. It says "Reloads quickly" but it seriously feels almost instant. It's especially strong with the Riveter. Feels like you can fire nonstop forever

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

Using the Life Starter voids the no death trophies? 

no the life starter will save you so it's worth investing in. of course, reloading saves or quitting when about to die does the same thing and allows you to put your materials into other upgrades. skipping tutorial is the way to go, the death in the tutorial is unavoidable but it doesn't count against you. The game just wants you to finish the game with whatever character you start with after the tutorial

• Like 1

Great info, thank you! Will be referencing your post when I buy this.

One question, how long is a “full” playthrough? I feel like I can’t quite get a sense of how long this game is. I.e how long is a first, blind run on normal and how quickly can you “speed-run” it after you’ve gotten familiar with the game.

Thanks again!

11 hours ago, BCarsonElite said:

no the life starter will save you so it's worth investing in. of course, reloading saves or quitting when about to die does the same thing and allows you to put your materials into other upgrades. skipping tutorial is the way to go, the death in the tutorial is unavoidable but it doesn't count against you. The game just wants you to finish the game with whatever character you start with after the tutorial

Thanks, I'm in the middle (third action item) in Hard Bastard, love the game 

On 5/19/2020 at 8:22 PM, KKrischanz said:

Great info, thank you! Will be referencing your post when I buy this.

One question, how long is a “full” playthrough? I feel like I can’t quite get a sense of how long this game is. I.e how long is a first, blind run on normal and how quickly can you “speed-run” it after you’ve gotten familiar with the game.

Thanks again!

it's advertised on the official website as a "10-12 hour campaign" but I think that even on my first run I clocked it in at about 7 hours. As far as speedrunning it goes, you can probably do it all in 60-90 minutes on Easy Peasy focusing on nothing but objectives, I haven't checked it out myself. On average, though, your runs for the plat will be around 4 hours, and then I think my last playthrough was about 2.5 for the final trophy needed

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 17/05/2020 at 11:28 PM, Stormwarrior90 said:

Guys  best traits you have found? 

Personally, I've found the best ones to be:

Padded Feet (make no noise while walking) - This is my No.1 go-to. Makes a massive difference, and combined with the silent weapons, such as the spiker, you are basically Sam Fisher.

Infiltrator (slow detection by turrets / cameras)

Low Profile (not seen through windows)

However, it really depends on the run. Obviously Deadeye (100% aim) is useless on a no-guns run, but great otherwise, especially on the 'gun only' run

All the stealth ones are brilliant on Non-Gun runs - and things like Airlock Tech (escape using any airlock) are also great for those, along with any of the map ones - Boy Scout, Security Expert, Sixth Sense etc.

The one that gives you more scrap from recycling stuff - Recycler - is not much use in normal games, but massive on the 'Penny Pincher' Run, as you are basically just scrapping everything to build the few items you need to finish.

TBH, I've found it is more important to avoid the worst of the negative traits than to aim for the best of the positive ones, though.

I will legit avoid any random gene symbols on the map, even if I have mediocre traits, just to make sure I don't end up with Disorientated, Colourblind or Yahoo.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
On 21-4-2021 at 8:15 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

Personally, I've found the best ones to be:

Padded Feet (make no noise while walking) - This is my No.1 go-to. Makes a massive difference, and combined with the silent weapons, such as the spiker, you are basically Sam Fisher.

Infiltrator (slow detection by turrets / cameras)

Low Profile (not seen through windows)

However, it really depends on the run. Obviously Deadeye (100% aim) is useless on a no-guns run, but great otherwise, especially on the 'gun only' run

All the stealth ones are brilliant on Non-Gun runs - and things like Airlock Tech (escape using any airlock) are also great for those, along with any of the map ones - Boy Scout, Security Expert, Sixth Sense etc.

The one that gives you more scrap from recycling stuff - Recycler - is not much use in normal games, but massive on the 'Penny Pincher' Run, as you are basically just scrapping everything to build the few items you need to finish.

TBH, I've found it is more important to avoid the worst of the negative traits than to aim for the best of the positive ones, though.

I will legit avoid any random gene symbols on the map, even if I have mediocre traits, just to make sure I don't end up with Disorientated, Colourblind or Yahoo.

Hey, do you mind if I ask some questions about this game?

I decided to just go straight for the Hard Bastard no death run and in a post above I’m reading you can skip the prologue. How exactly? And the prologue death doesn’t count right?

Also after the unavoidable death I always start with ‘Smoker’ Stevens, someone with a negative trade as he coughs occasionally to reveal his position. I restarted the game a few times now but I guess you have to play as him?

I guess that’s it for now, but I’ll probably have some more questions later. ?

Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Baker said:

Hey, do you mind if I ask some questions about this game?

I decided to just go straight for the Hard Bastard no death run and in a post above I’m reading you can skip the prologue. How exactly? And the prologue death doesn’t count right?

I can’t recall about skipping the prologue, but yes, that required dearh doesn’t count, I think

Also after the unavoidable death I always start with ‘Smoker’ Stevens, someone with a negative trade as he coughs occasionally to reveal his position. I restarted the game a few times now but I guess you have to play as him?

I don’t recal ever playing with the smoker trait, so that might just be bad luck that it came up twice - though it may be that the rng roll is set earlier than when you are reloading from?

I guess that’s it for now, but I’ll probably have some more questions later. 1f601.png

Thanks.

Sorry - some of my recall is a bit rusty on this one - it’s been a while! - but I’ll help with whatever I can, hope you enjoy the game!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

I don’t recal ever playing with the smoker trait, so that might just be bad luck that it came up twice - though it may be that the rng roll is set earlier than when you are reloading from?

Sorry - some of my recall is a bit rusty on this one - it’s been a while! - but I’ll help with whatever I can, hope you enjoy the game!

I just started a new game three times and I got the smoker three times. Good to know my terrible luck with RNG continues in this game then. ? I’ll try a few more times.

And thanks, I’ll probably figure most of the stuff out myself, but some help on info is always appreciated. 

• Like 1