BCarsonElite

Mini Trophy Guide

20 posts in this topic

Good guide! You should make an actual trophy guide to this game!

42 minutes ago, DrDomSir said:

actual trophy guide

People take those very seriously, it's easier just to make a mini trophy guide with the same information but much less responsibility :P 

Posted (edited)

Great guide, that's gonna be really helpful for new players.

Not sure if you know about saves (since you kept writing uploading/downloading savegames), but once on a vessel and you're about to die or whatever else happens you don't like, just quit out to main menu and continue. This puts you back to before entering the vessel.

I feel like cheating doing this but i started abusing that more and more towards doing the platinum.

Not sure why they thought this was a good idea since that kinda defeats the whole purpose of a rouge-lite/like but it's even in one of the tooltips how the game is saving so whatever.

With this method, difficulty barely is a 4/10, it's just a bit grindy but the game is a lot of fun so i personally don't mind.

Some additional info to reduce playtime per playthrough:

Action Item 5 or also even 4 can be totally skipped (as in not searching for them) if you have 300-500 materials and merits each, just start crafting them and buy whatever materials you're missing in the Krell-Mart (40 merits=160 materials on depth 5, can be a bit hard to find though).

Below is a list of every part needed for the Action Items, materials to craft them and in which section of the vessel the part can be found.

Citizen Card
ID Card (20 Bio, 60 Data) - Sec
Line Printer (20 Data, 20 Slag) - Cubes

HR Computer
Wiring Diagram (40 Data, 40 Plaz) - Helm
Tacputer (80 Data, 40 Slag, 40 Volt) - Tubes
Mouse Ball (80 Plaz, 80 Volt) - File

Water Cooling
Body Fluid (80 Plaz, 80 Slag, 160 Volt) - Drier
Cool Pops (80 Data, 80 Plaz, 160 Volt) - Break
Water Based Lube (80 Bio, 80 Plaz) - Suite

Transmitter
Lette Wheel (160 Plaz, 80 Slag, 80 Volt) - Spin
Handset (320 Data, 320 Slag) - Helm
Atomic Clock (320 Data, 320 Volt) - Drier

Reg Certificate
Ink (320 Bio, 320 Slag) - Tombs
CNT Stamp (160 Bio, 320 Data, 160 Plaz) - File
Laminator (320 Plaz, 320 Volt) - Sec

Feel free to use if needed and have fun!

Edited by TetsuyaPlay4

2 hours ago, TetsuyaPlay4 said:

really helpful for new players

Thanks for the help! I added the "main menu" tips to the mini guide, but the materials needed for upgrading would be a godsend for new players as well, and where to find the action items especially. I'll add that in there too. At this point, we might as well just make an official guide together since we've put in most of the work already

19 minutes ago, BCarsonElite said:

At this point, we might as well just make an official guide together since we've put in most of the work already

Thanks, but i wouldn't really know where to start, i've been just a lurker and not activly posting or whatever.

I just really love the game but didn't found a lot of infos (yeah i know about some achievement site) or even an active community for it, which is a shame, so this felt like the perfect place to communicate and contribute even a little bit.

47 minutes ago, TetsuyaPlay4 said:

didn't found an active community for it

Yeah man i noticed that there wasn't as much excitement around the PS4 release as I'd expected there to be. I'm sure it'll grow to be more of a cult classic and will garner the attention it deserves over time, though. At least I hope it does

For Trainspotter triophy needs all objects with all the upgrades ,Right?

2 hours ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

For Trainspotter triophy needs all objects with all the upgrades ,Right?

Yes, upgrade everything to maximum.

On 5/12/2020 at 5:07 PM, BCarsonElite said:

People take those very seriously, it's easier just to make a mini trophy guide with the same information but much less responsibility :P 

Hey, just wanted to let you know that you know enough about this game to expand this into an actual trophy guide pretty easily and without too much stress. I did something like this for Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life and then expanded it into a full guide and it was a lot of fun! And then I got hooked on guide writing

If you need any help or wanna know more about writing guides, you can give me a shout or shoot a DM to any of the helpful folks on the Guide Team

1 hour ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

Guys  best traits you have found? 

I think Trigger Happy is legitimately insane. It says "Reloads quickly" but it seriously feels almost instant. It's especially strong with the Riveter. Feels like you can fire nonstop forever

Posted (edited)

The First Death in the Tutorial is unavoidable, right? 

I started the new game on Hard Bastard skipping tutorial, is it fine? 

Edited by Stormwarrior90

14 hours ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

Using the Life Starter voids the no death trophies? 

no the life starter will save you so it's worth investing in. of course, reloading saves or quitting when about to die does the same thing and allows you to put your materials into other upgrades. skipping tutorial is the way to go, the death in the tutorial is unavoidable but it doesn't count against you. The game just wants you to finish the game with whatever character you start with after the tutorial

Great info, thank you! Will be referencing your post when I buy this.

One question, how long is a “full” playthrough? I feel like I can’t quite get a sense of how long this game is. I.e how long is a first, blind run on normal and how quickly can you “speed-run” it after you’ve gotten familiar with the game.

Thanks again!

11 hours ago, BCarsonElite said:

no the life starter will save you so it's worth investing in. of course, reloading saves or quitting when about to die does the same thing and allows you to put your materials into other upgrades. skipping tutorial is the way to go, the death in the tutorial is unavoidable but it doesn't count against you. The game just wants you to finish the game with whatever character you start with after the tutorial

Thanks, I'm in the middle (third action item) in Hard Bastard, love the game 

Non progress upgrade means you have to build only the 5 action items, right? 

On 5/19/2020 at 8:22 PM, KKrischanz said:

Great info, thank you! Will be referencing your post when I buy this.

One question, how long is a “full” playthrough? I feel like I can’t quite get a sense of how long this game is. I.e how long is a first, blind run on normal and how quickly can you “speed-run” it after you’ve gotten familiar with the game.

Thanks again!

it's advertised on the official website as a "10-12 hour campaign" but I think that even on my first run I clocked it in at about 7 hours. As far as speedrunning it goes, you can probably do it all in 60-90 minutes on Easy Peasy focusing on nothing but objectives, I haven't checked it out myself. On average, though, your runs for the plat will be around 4 hours, and then I think my last playthrough was about 2.5 for the final trophy needed