why such little dlc trophies?

On 13/05/2020 at 6:19 AM, melodicmizery said:

are they going to release more trophies besides just one and 2? hardly makes getting the dlc worth it if theres not much to do lol

It bothers me quite a lot too, the dlc is about 7$ and for this price you get a single bronze trophy. They could easily make it gold if they wanted to

• Like 3

16 hours ago, StylerX01 said:

It bothers me quite a lot too, the dlc is about 7$ and for this price you get a single bronze trophy. They could easily make it gold if they wanted to

As if price determines how many trophies there will be or should be. Be happy you get any at all. Tons of games don't get dlc trophies at all, currently feeling that burn with DBZ Kakarot lol

On 15/05/2020 at 9:24 PM, Jasko_SOA said:

Be happy you get any at all? This bronze trophy is probably achieved in 1 hour or less, so 7€/7$ for such a short dlc is a fucking crime imo. Moreover, it is every completionist‘s nightmare when DLCs come with additional trophies, unless the game is really good, which was not the case in case of ZA4.

@Jasko_SOA, I enjoyed the game for what it was but I agree with you about the dlcs. Also pleased I didn't buy the season pass for a few half arsed reskinned enemies and levels (literally got the only trophy in the blood count dlc in less than 30 minutes). Such a shame really for how good Z.A.T was imo

Edited by fools-shadow13
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fools-shadow13 said:

@Jasko_SOA, I enjoyed the game for what it was but I agree with you about the dlcs. Also pleased I didn't buy the season pass for a few half arsed reskinned enemies and levels (literally got the only trophy in the blood count dlc in less than 30 minutes). Such a shame really for how good Z.A.T was imo

Yeah it was decent, but ZAT was definitely better, the music alone made the atmosphere 100x better than ZA4 :/

Also it was more challenging, which I really enjoyed in comparison to the possibility of us rushing through the levels in ZA4 :P

• 2 weeks later...

Well its on sale now for 30$ deluxe edition. Gonna check if that has all dlc etc compare to the Super Deluxe edition which seems unnecessary for 10$ more.

On 27.5.2020 at 7:29 PM, NERVergoproxy said:

Well its on sale now for 30$ deluxe edition. Gonna check if that has all dlc etc compare to the Super Deluxe edition which seems unnecessary for 10$ more.

And does it have all the dlc? Because i wouldnt want to buy the Super Deluxe Edition :D 

2 hours ago, Osmose42 said:

And does it have all the dlc? Because i wouldnt want to buy the Super Deluxe Edition :D 

No, what a shame. It doesnt have the season pass. I guess gonna pass till its much cheaper.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2020 at 1:10 PM, ImAPirateSoSueMe said:

As if price determines how many trophies there will be or should be. Be happy you get any at all. Tons of games don't get dlc trophies at all, currently feeling that burn with DBZ Kakarot lol

price determines if im going to buy it or not if im going to get my money worth. a short dlc with 1 trophy isnt worth buying at all. but take a game like sniper or borderlands. their season passes are usually worth the price, you get a decent amount of playtime, decent amount of mission and a bunch of extra trophies to go with them.

the season pass is $35, it has only 3 levels which is 3 total trophies. and a few skins and characters. this costs more then the actual base game lol. 

they are allowed to give out a certain amount of trophies which each game, i may be wrong but i think around 80. estimating 50 for base game and 30 for dlc. yet they choose to give out 3.

i think these companies are still underestimating trophy hunters put money into areas of games where other people dont if they make it worth our wild. 

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/8/2020 at 4:07 AM, melodicmizery said:

they are allowed to give out a certain amount of trophies which each game, i may be wrong but i think around 80. estimating 50 for base game and 30 for dlc. yet they choose to give out 3.

You couldn't be more wrong, lol. Rise of the Tomb Raider had 125 total trophies, 66 in the base game, and 59 across 5 DLC packs. Every Call of Duty since Black Ops II has had usually 4 DLC packs with around 10 trophies per pack, with Black Ops III and Black Ops IIII having 5 DLC packs. I do remember hearing something about a trophy count cap, but what gets more commonly talked about is base game trophy points. For a game to have a platinum, I believe it needs to be between 1140 and 1260 points. For a game to not have a platinum (usually smaller digital games), it's something like 285 and 315. The second part I'm not as sure of as the platinum part.

Wow, they really shitted on everyone with these DLCs. A six month wait to get the complete experience, and they only give you four lousy bronze trophies, and I bet the game isn't even fully functional yet.

Thanks for this uninspired roadmap, Rebellion. Next time, just release a game that works the first time and spare us the embarrassment of paying for trash DLC that you're using to disguise all the patching you have to do to a cookie-cutter version of Zombie Army 3.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

You couldn't be more wrong, lol. Rise of the Tomb Raider had 125 total trophies, 66 in the base game, and 59 across 5 DLC packs. Every Call of Duty since Black Ops II has had usually 4 DLC packs with around 10 trophies per pack, with Black Ops III and Black Ops IIII having 5 DLC packs. I do remember hearing something about a trophy count cap, but what gets more commonly talked about is base game trophy points. For a game to have a platinum, I believe it needs to be between 1140 and 1260 points. For a game to not have a platinum (usually smaller digital games), it's something like 285 and 315. The second part I'm not as sure of as the platinum part.

i agree with you there i should of mentioned the point system.

so then if they can do way more then 80ish as you proved. then that gives even more of a reason for this game to give more then 1 trophy i would think. if i was going to work on a game with 125 trophies and i knew i would put in over 100 hours i might even buy some dlc i usually dont buy like a character skin or something. 

19 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

so then if they can do way more then 80ish as you proved. then that gives even more of a reason for this game to give more then 1 trophy i would think. if i was going to work on a game with 125 trophies and i knew i would put in over 100 hours i might even buy some dlc i usually dont buy like a character skin or something. 

Only thing I can think of as to why they submitted so little trophies is that they do need to deliver the trophy list to Sony for approval, and I'm sure there's some financials involved in that process. Once the trophy list is approved, a patch needs to be put in to not only update the game to accept the DLC, but to add the trophies to the list. Maybe with a smaller DLC trophy list (and theoretically smaller patch size), they're not paying Sony as much for that part of the DLC launch operation?

• 1 month later...
On 28/07/2020 at 4:25 PM, steel6burgh said:

I just want to know if the dlc is over can I delete the game now?

Nope, we're barely 3-4 months into the first of many seasons of planned content for this game so you're going to be stuck with it on your Hard Drive for a very long time.

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1

On 6/24/2020 at 5:53 PM, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Only thing I can think of as to why they submitted so little trophies is that they do need to deliver the trophy list to Sony for approval, and I'm sure there's some financials involved in that process. Once the trophy list is approved, a patch needs to be put in to not only update the game to accept the DLC, but to add the trophies to the list. Maybe with a smaller DLC trophy list (and theoretically smaller patch size), they're not paying Sony as much for that part of the DLC launch operation?

i have no clue. you could be right. i find it funny though that a game like color slayer thats only $1 put out multiple patches. and when i wrote to them on twitter and complained about my color blindness they asked me if i could describe in detail how they could fix the issue to patch it. after the great response from color slayers team and knowing they prob didnt make any money off the game but still pumped out patches i feel like no other game has any excuse now for anything lol

40 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

Ah ok I really had no idea what was planned good to know.

they are prob planning 1 more bronze trophy. dont get to excited lmao

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Lol, people complaing because devs are releasing DLCs with a few trophies? The point of them releasing DLCs is not to appease trophy hunters. If you dont want to buy it, then simply dont but it and quit complaining. I for one love this game and will be buying all DLC it gets, as well as earning 100%. Rebellion is a fantastic dev team and it's amazing to see them supporting such a great game, they just announced that ZA4 will have a 2nd and 3rd season also. Good on them! 

5 hours ago, Rednax_99 said:

Lol, people complaing because devs are releasing DLCs with a few trophies? The point of them releasing DLCs is not to appease trophy hunters. If you dont want to buy it, then simply dont but it and quit complaining. I for one love this game and will be buying all DLC it gets, as well as earning 100%. Rebellion is a fantastic dev team and it's amazing to see them supporting such a great game, they just announced that ZA4 will have a 2nd and 3rd season also. Good on them! 

its not just the trophies, its the lack of content for the price. $7 for one map? sometimes the trophies make up for the lack of content. in this scenario it sucks both ways, you get barely any content and barely any trophies. and since this is a trophy hunting forum these forums revolve around....you guessed it, trophies.

also the purpose of complaining is so it gets better and we actually buy it. if they dont know then how will they make things better.

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

its not just the trophies, its the lack of content for the price. $7 for one map? sometimes the trophies make up for the lack of content. in this scenario it sucks both ways, you get barely any content and barely any trophies. and since this is a trophy hunting forum these forums revolve around....you guessed it, trophies.

also the purpose of complaining is so it gets better and we actually buy it. if they dont know then how will they make things better.

The price for the DLC is fair. Yes it's one level, but they take multiple hours to complete and find all the hidden secrets in. Sure you can rush it just to earn a bronze trophy but wheres the fun in that? And I get this is a trophy hunting forum. I just dont see the big deal. I highly doubt any devs actually look on this site, because their goal isnt to give out trophies.

And of course I'd like them to make more trophies for each DLC. Like finding each collectible, maybe solving a secret or earning gold ratings and doing the challenges. That would be really sweet. But thinking from the developers point of view, it makes no difference to them.

11 hours ago, Rednax_99 said:

The price for the DLC is fair. Yes it's one level, but they take multiple hours to complete and find all the hidden secrets in. Sure you can rush it just to earn a bronze trophy but wheres the fun in that? And I get this is a trophy hunting forum. I just dont see the big deal. I highly doubt any devs actually look on this site, because their goal isnt to give out trophies.

And of course I'd like them to make more trophies for each DLC. Like finding each collectible, maybe solving a secret or earning gold ratings and doing the challenges. That would be really sweet. But thinking from the developers point of view, it makes no difference to them.

They are overprized as hell. Level design in the game is incredibly boring and levels are short. Also the weapons and skins should be free or way cheaper. 20 bucks for the first season pass would have been a reasonable prize. Not 40 or 50

• Like 4

19 hours ago, westersburg said:

They are overprized as hell. Level design in the game is incredibly boring and levels are short. Also the weapons and skins should be free or way cheaper. 20 bucks for the first season pass would have been a reasonable prize. Not 40 or 50

I agree about the weapons and skins. Those are over priced for sure. But the levels are far from basic and boring lol. The dlc levels are as good and better than most of the main game's levels. And as I said, levels are only short if you're butt rushing through them just to earn the trophy.

• Like 1