Questions about subscription fee..

Decided to go ahead and get this even know I'm not a fan of paying extra for MMO but this looks worth it.  I just have a few questions to ask.. I plan to go with the 6 month payment.. I can't see anywhere online if I can have this set so it doesn't automatically update on me.. is there anyway to avoid this?  I know there was a way to avoid this on Aion when it was a paid membership but that has been the only subscription based MMO that I have played so I don't know if it is like this elsewhere.

I personally just don't like being on an active subscription, plus there's the chance I might want to take a break after the first six months (or 7 as it's to my knowledge you get the first month free) to work on other games.  I know there is pre-paid cards, but they are quite expensive for what you are getting compared to just paying directly.

Decided to go ahead and get this even know I'm not a fan of paying extra for MMO but this looks worth it.  I just have a few questions to ask.. I plan to go with the 6 month payment.. I can't see anywhere online if I can have this set so it doesn't automatically update on me.. is there anyway to avoid this?  I know there was a way to avoid this on Aion when it was a paid membership but that has been the only subscription based MMO that I have played so I don't know if it is like this elsewhere.

I personally just don't like being on an active subscription, plus there's the chance I might want to take a break after the first six months (or 7 as it's to my knowledge you get the first month free) to work on other games.  I know there is pre-paid cards, but they are quite expensive for what you are getting compared to just paying directly.

Yay! welcome to the game!! jHave any servers in mind?? come play with me and a few other PSNP members on Adamantoise!! We will be good friends~!!  :P anyways. I think you can set it to not auto update your payments, you can do that at the mogstation/SE account management. Another way to do it, is to remove your credit card info from your account after you use it to schedule your first 3month payment on the mogstation, if you worry they might still charge you. SO I will see you in game!? So excited for yah! hope I somehow answered your question.

Edited by Br3akingDawn

Yay! welcome to the game!! jHave any servers in mind?? come play with me and a few other PSNP members on Adamantoise!! We will be good friends~!!  :P anyways. I think you can set it to not auto update your payments, you can do that at the mogstation/SE account management. Another way to do it, is to remove your credit card info from your account after you use it to schedule your first 3month payment on the mogstation, if you worry they might still charge you. SO I will see you in game!? So excited for yah! hope I somehow answered your question.

I was for going onto the Behemoth ones since that's my favorite monster but I'll see if I can get onto the Adamantoise one since PSNP members are there :)

Ah that's good, I heard somewhere along the lines that they accept paypal (could just be a rumor or false info, ah well, find out when I get there).

I was for going onto the Behemoth ones since that's my favorite monster but I'll see if I can get onto the Adamantoise one since PSNP members are there :)

Ah that's good, I heard somewhere along the lines that they accept paypal (could just be a rumor or false info, ah well, find out when I get there).

They do accept paypal. Or at least I saw it on their payment choices.

I have to warn you though you probably get world log-in issues a lot till next week. All worlds are supposing full atm. So trying to play right now is a pain till next week; they are upgrading their datacenter to hold more players on each server.

They do accept paypal. Or at least I saw it on their payment choices.

I have to warn you though you probably get world log-in issues a lot till next week. All worlds are supposing full atm. So trying to play right now is a pain till next week; they are upgrading their datacenter to hold more players on each server.

Yea I heard about this.  Been hearing a lot of good things about it though.. every MMO kind of has a bumpy start.. its what to expect.

I was going to choose this over Killer Is Dead, but rather seeing its 12.99$ a month, I would wait a little longer for the extra stuff to come out first. Hope everyone is enjoying the game, I would definitely play the sh#t out of this game, looks really fun! I'm only buying the PlayStation 3 version or rather get the Ps4 version. 

As a person who has played most subscription based RPGs, this smashes all the ones out there. Its really worth paying $20AUD/month for it. I'm close to level 20 and I have already had more fun in this game than others. I bought the PS3 copy but I might buy the PC copy to do end game raids in the future. Cannot wait for the PS4 version. :D

As a person who played 1.0 and enjoyed it a lot and even more at patch 1.23 paying the sub fee was nothing. I mean if you enjoyed playing World of Warcraft that's 15$ a month and people play it still. This game is deffantly worth the price of 15$ a month. As I am a Legacy player I still only pay 10$ monthly but if I wasen't id pay for the game at full price regardless its just that good!

Kind of annoyed I can't get onto the server at all at the moment, got into a que once.. I can't seem to even connect to the NA/EU servers, so trying to get onto a JP one.. heard they weren't as bad.. but I am getting further than I did with the NA one I picked first, I guess everyone's just been going over to them.. hopefully get to play this sometime today.

Kind of annoyed I can't get onto the server at all at the moment, got into a que once.. I can't seem to even connect to the NA/EU servers, so trying to get onto a JP one.. heard they weren't as bad.. but I am getting further than I did with the NA one I picked first, I guess everyone's just been going over to them.. hopefully get to play this sometime today.

I tried getting in today but my character isn't loading up. I could get past the start screen. Got into the queue yesterday but still couldn't log in. I'll try later.

Subscription fee has its ups and downs. I'd get the game and subscribe if only the subscription wasn't so expensive.

And btw would be great co-oping with other FF fans. I believe FF has one of the best fanbases :)

DLC cost even more than subscription if you are a DLC kinda person, considering you could finish most DLC content in less than a day for what? 9.99$? your pay what? 12-13$ a month? less than .40 a day? 

The subscription fees are what are holding me back from getting this now. My current schedule won't guarantee I'll get enough playing time to justify an active subscription fee payment

That sucks. Just work another hour. Itll help the fee.

I got in and played for a good while there, next to no lag.. not looking forward into the next time I try logging in.. that's the worst part so far lol

Come early next week, monday maybe even as late as wed. servers caps will be upped. Its currently at 5000players on cap. And every server is pretty much capped at peak hours. Except of course the JP ones.

DLC cost even more than subscription if you are a DLC kinda person, considering you could finish most DLC content in less than a day for what? 9.99$? your pay what? 12-13$ a month? less than .40 a day? 

That sucks. Just work another hour. Itll help the fee.

Come early next week, monday maybe even as late as wed. servers caps will be upped. Its currently at 5000players on cap. And every server is pretty much capped at peak hours. Except of course the JP ones.

Yea, I am on Titan (JP), it actually took me quite a bit of time getting on there today.. but I reckon that's because everyone's going over to them, Titan was the only one I could find that wasn't full! SE really didn't expect all the players they got for this. lol