Better to start off in hard mode... or easy?

Asph1

Here's the thing, i started off my game in hard mode (which isn't even THAT hard btw) cause i wasn't really following a guide but a friend of mine told me there was a trophy difficulty-related and since I didn't want to play the game all over again (considering it's 80-100 hours) i chose the hard mode.
But my backlog is really killing me and i just want to enjoy the story in order to move onto the next open world of 100+ hours as fast as possible, is it maybe better to play in easy and just do the premium quests on hard? (I see they're like... just 20??  Or is it better if i just keep playing the game in hard mode?
Thanks!

7 minutes ago, Asph1 said:

Here's the thing, i started off my game in hard mode (which isn't even THAT hard btw) cause i wasn't really following a guide but a friend of mine told me there was a trophy difficulty-related and since I didn't want to play the game all over again (considering it's 80-100 hours) i chose the hard mode.
But my backlog is really killing me and i just want to enjoy the story in order to move onto the next open world of 100+ hours as fast as possible, is it maybe better to play in easy and just do the premium quests on hard? (I see they're like... just 20??  Or is it better if i just keep playing the game in hard mode?
Thanks!

Absolutely play on hard if you’re interested in saving time. The difficulty increase is almost unnoticeable as you mentioned, and you’ll naturally complete most of the hard premium stuff this way. If you okay on easy then switch, you’ll have to redo deliveries to get the difficulty trophy.

Playing on easy now won’t speed up your run even a little.

15 minutes ago, Orenn16 said:

Absolutely play on hard if you’re interested in saving time. The difficulty increase is almost unnoticeable as you mentioned, and you’ll naturally complete most of the hard premium stuff this way. If you okay on easy then switch, you’ll have to redo deliveries to get the difficulty trophy.

Playing on easy now won’t speed up your run even a little.

Thank you! I'll keep on playing hard then

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 17/8/2020 at 0:06 AM, boredommadness said:

Did you manage to finish on Hard? I played on Easy throughout and only changed to Hard when I wanted to do standard deliveries. It was simpler for me as the Mules and Terrorist were too aggressive on Hard

Hi, i got the platinum and yes I've finished everything on hard :)
For mules/terrorists i spammed the bola gun like crazy.
Despite the many suggestions by other players i found completing the game on hard rather pointless and I don't think it really speeded up the process of farming deliveries later on.
Still got the plat and it's one of the best experiences I had on ps4 ever ;)

• Like 1

On 8/19/2020 at 1:06 PM, Asph1 said:

Hi, i got the platinum and yes I've finished everything on hard :)
For mules/terrorists i spammed the bola gun like crazy.
Despite the many suggestions by other players i found completing the game on hard rather pointless and I don't think it really speeded up the process of farming deliveries later on.
Still got the plat and it's one of the best experiences I had on ps4 ever ;)

I am yet to get the platinum. I am still trying to make convenient routes from one delivery point to another but I finished the main story and I gotta say I loved it. I dunno why folks said it was boring but it was one of my favorite gaming experiences after God of War 2018 and the music really got to me! I will keep the bola gun idea in mind. I don't use it much because they break free from it easily.

On 21/8/2020 at 2:59 PM, boredommadness said:

I am yet to get the platinum. I am still trying to make convenient routes from one delivery point to another but I finished the main story and I gotta say I loved it. I dunno why folks said it was boring but it was one of my favorite gaming experiences after God of War 2018 and the music really got to me! I will keep the bola gun idea in mind. I don't use it much because they break free from it easily.

Once you bind them with the bola gun you have to kick them (i think it's the square button) while they're on the ground, you'll knock them out and they won't break free

Edited by Asph1
  • Like 1