£3.99 on the sale

BeTheStudge

6 minutes ago, BeTheStudge said:

Not sure if this is mistake but seems very cheap considering the other sports games are 20+ in the sale. Grab it quick before they notice the mistake! 

Not a mistake. -95% discount from 2K Games.

6 minutes ago, adam1984123 said:

They did this last year at about this time with 2k19. Within 4 weeks, there was 2 unobtainable trophies. So just be prepared for that to happen again. 

I dont follow, they put it on sale and after that you couldnt get 2 trophies? Why? :o 

3 minutes ago, Maaden_Swe said:

I dont follow, they put it on sale and after that you couldnt get 2 trophies? Why? :o 

Probably because they wanted to get people playing just before 2k20 launched but they put all their resources into 2k20 and just stopped doing the trivia and dodgeball for 2k19. So those 2 trophies became unobtainable shortly after the player base had a large increase. 

I've done a few 2k games but after that I decided never again. 

• Like 1

In The Netherlands you can't access the auction house in MyTeam because of some law. But it is possible to buy packs with real money.....

So for me no more NBA 2K until they find a workaround in using the auction house again. Very hard to improve your team (and get trophies) this way. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, adam1984123 said:

Probably because they wanted to get people playing just before 2k20 launched but they put all their resources into 2k20 and just stopped doing the trivia and dodgeball for 2k19. So those 2 trophies became unobtainable shortly after the player base had a large increase. 

I've done a few 2k games but after that I decided never again. 

To be fair, the platinum is almost unobtainable to begin with. The game has been out since September and only 28 people have the plat. Apparently you need to spend at least 300 hours on the game, and one guy spent 3-4 hours a day for 6 months to get the GOAT collector trophy (you need to collect a whopping 2900 cards in game).

Edited by NZBigC
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mckbros said:

Anyone know how bad 2K20 is? It is that bad of a video game

Tough (more grindy than tough) platinum but phenomenal game.  This installment is actually the easiest to get platinum in many years.  Really just one tough/long trophy. 

The gameplay is great, and there are many deep modes full of content.  Worse comes to worse, you get stuck at 91% completion.  If you have any interest in basketball or sports, you are doing yourself a disservice not to get this for 3.99.

Extremely popular series with critics and players.

• Like 1

I think I'm going to get this as well.  Never played a basketball game before but I've been tempted to try one for a while so at this price it's probably the right time.  Possibly there might be some trophy bugs which is whats pushing the price down but as someone else said it would be extremely difficult to platinum anyway so that doesn't matter as much as it normally would.  Having never played a basketball game before I'd be happy to just get it to around 50-60% completion trophy-wise.  

• Like 1

On 13-5-2020 at 3:14 PM, DColpa said:

In The Netherlands you can't access the auction house in MyTeam because of some law. But it is possible to buy packs with real money.....

So for me no more NBA 2K until they find a workaround in using the auction house again. Very hard to improve your team (and get trophies) this way. 

That is the reason I will not get the platinum. 2900 myteam cards is impossible in the Netherlands. 

I do not understand they banned the auction house in our country since it is not gambling. They should have banned buying pack with real money. That is gambling. Not the auction house. If the auction house was in our game it would have been easy to get 2900 cards. A shame

Edited by LucienNL

3 minutes ago, LucienNL said:

That is the reason I will not get the platinum. 2900 myteam cards is impossible in the Netherlands. 

I do not understand they banned the auction house in our country since it is not gambling. They should have banned buying pack with real money. That is gambling. Not the auction house. If the auction house was in our game it would have been easy to get 2900 cards. A shame

Easier?  Certainly.  Easy?  Not at all.  2900 is a big jump from 2500 in years past.

I am at 1900 and never bought a pack. I completed domination and triple threat offline and play online. And thats without the auction house. I would have had the trophy by now if I had the auction house. Yes it's very easy. A long grind yes, but easy. With the auction house I could buy all balls, coaches, playbooks, complete teams etc. And imagine if I could sell my 7 galaxy opal players in the auction house for MT. How much MT would that give me to spend on what I've just mentioned. The MT I earn I use on packs. Never spend a dime on this game.

Edited by LucienNL

42 minutes ago, LucienNL said:

I am at 1900 and never bought a pack. I completed domination and triple threat offline and play online. And thats without the auction house. I would have had the trophy by now if I had the auction house. Yes it's very easy. A long grind yes, but easy. With the auction house I could buy all balls, coaches, playbooks, complete teams etc. And imagine if I could sell my 7 galaxy opal players in the auction house for MT. How much MT would that give me to spend on what I've just mentioned. The MT I earn I use on packs. Never spend a dime on this game.

That is a long ways off from 2900.  I have all easy and affordable cards and now stand at 2700.  It is the final 200 that is the killer, all really expensive cards.  Their prices will continue to go down and I should have it completed by the summer but it is a huge grind even with the Auction House.  Any card left is probably 15K or more.

The NBA games are a lot of fun in single player or basic online multiplayer. The other modes are full of manipulative microtransactions. If you’re not aiming for the plat and just want a great game of basketball it’s worth it. If you’re looking for the plat it’ll cost way more than $3.99