Unreal Engine 5 Tech Demo on PS5

BlackTorito

1 hour ago, shlomaniac said:

WOW , there is much potential with this engine. 

I can already a possible INFAMOUS or PRINCE OF PERSIA game that will use all of those assets.

I'm so ready ! 

BTW , Best quality source i found is in vimeo, just stunning!:

Prince of Persia? That is being very optimistic on an IP that Assassin's Creed killed lol.

Though I am looking forward to seeing more on Godfall and Babylon's Fall on the PS5, and seeing with how much detail can be achieved, Elden Ring may be quite amazing.

2 hours ago, shlomaniac said:

WOW , there is much potential with this engine. 

I can already a possible INFAMOUS or PRINCE OF PERSIA game that will use all of those assets.

I'm so ready ! 

BTW , Best quality source i found is in vimeo, just stunning!

It's also on YouTube if you want to watch it on the big screen

11 minutes ago, AtotheMtotheZ said:

I think people should not get too excited. Looks pretty much like a paid commercial by UE5 to be presented to game developers. Getting too excited my end up in disappointment given that these things are always exaggerated. 

While I agree that excessive hype might lead to disappointment in the end, just take a look at the tech demo of UE4 on PS4 and compare it to where games have gone (using UE4) since. I think that it is fair to say that the UE5 level of graphics performance will be eventually reached by a proper game.

1 hour ago, Red-River13 said:

A pre-rendered cutscene isn't impressive at all. Maybe they can make an actual game that looks like this in a decade or so.

Lol what? 

This is not a pre-rendered cutscene. It's an actual real time demo. It was even supposed to be playable at GDC, before that got cancelled. 

Look at the UE4 demo posted above. Games released now, blow that out of the water. Games are going to look like this on next gen and will look even better in a few years. Definitely not in "a decade" lmfao. 

• Like 4

So, according to the Digital Foundry's article, the demo runs at dynamic 1440p 30fps. 

Quote from Nick Penwarden (VP of engineering): "So, when GPU load gets high we can lower the screen resolution a bit and then we can adapt to that. In the demo we actually did use dynamic resolution, although it ends up rendering at about 1440p most of the time."

Edited by Alderriz

5 hours ago, sh4d0wzcs said:

I'm going to have to get a 4K monitor for the PS5 aren't I? Shit.

I thought that was out of the question on this gen.

I’m also switching to 4K, after lets say.. 2 generations, 9 years. Good ol’ TV needs to rest.

27 minutes ago, Azaan60 said:

Lol what? 

This is not a pre-rendered cutscene. It's an actual real time demo. It was even supposed to be playable at GDC, before that got cancelled. 

Look at the UE4 demo posted above. Games released now, blow that out of the water. Games are going to look like this on next gen and will look even better in a few years. Definitely not in "a decade" lmfao. 

Now say all that without crying like a little child.

1 hour ago, Red-River13 said:

Now say all that without crying like a little child.

Kek

The old "I made myself look retarded and got proven wrong so now I'm going to deflect" method. 

https://www.ign.com/articles/unreal-engine-5-demo-fully-playable-not-real

It is playing 100% in real-time on the PlayStation 5 and you do have full control over the character,”

“It’s totally playable,” Libreri confirmed. “In fact, if GDC happened we would have let people play through the thing.”

No need to get mad cause you're too stupid to tell the difference between pre-rendered and real time ?

Edited by Azaan60
  • Like 2

I laughed because I watched the XBoxOneX reveal trailer and all the "gameplay" trailers showed 0% gameplay. This PS5 trailer however, not only is it proper ingame gameplay but also showing textures and detailed being turned on and off in realtime.

Let's just hope the world economy crash that is increasinly on the horizon, I hope it doesn't affect the release of next gen and the devs making games for it.

Edited by enaysoft

On 13/05/2020 at 4:54 PM, Sagaan said:

looks op asf, ps 5 won already next gen lol.

You do realise that Unreal Engine 5 will work on XSX and PC as well. Considering PS5 has less power than XSX, the XSX versions of the games will probably look slightly better. PS5 has definitely not won next gen yet. If Sony messes up the price then they could lose to Microsoft just like PS3 did. 

On 13/05/2020 at 1:33 PM, HusKy said:

Nice surprise after the underwhelming XBOX games reveal. It looks really good, just wish the video was not only 1080p.

I watched it afterwards in a 4k tv, didn't feel the big difference from the 1080p from the phone I was expecting though. It was still beautiful