Unreal Engine 5 Tech Demo on PS5

BlackTorito

Personally, I think the push towards greatly reducing or outright removing loading screens for next gen with the SSD is far more exciting than a few visual upgrades. If not for Digital Foundry, I would struggle to understand what exactly about this demo can't already be done on a PS4. It doesn't look that different from something like Uncharted 4 to me.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Personally, I think the push towards greatly reducing or outright removing loading screens for next gen with the SSD is far more exciting than a few visual upgrades. If not for Digital Foundry, I would struggle to understand what exactly about this demo can't already be done on a PS4. It doesn't look that different from something like Uncharted 4 to me.

You will bow to those graphics! Bow now! :)

1 hour ago, Noskillzpro407 said:

You do realise that Unreal Engine 5 will work on XSX and PC as well. Considering PS5 has less power than XSX, the XSX versions of the games will probably look slightly better. PS5 has definitely not won next gen yet. If Sony messes up the price then they could lose to Microsoft just like PS3 did. 

Ps 3 sold at the end more units, so ps 3 won at the end. Every xbox was stronger then a sony console except ps 4 was stronger then xbox 1. All ps exclusives looks better wat xbox can offer. Ofc sony will win like all the times lol. Better rep,better exclusives games. 2tf difference is almost nothing. Every ps 5 exclusive will looks better then any  xSx game. 

• Like 2

On 5/14/2020 at 7:14 PM, Noskillzpro407 said:

You do realise that Unreal Engine 5 will work on XSX and PC as well. Considering PS5 has less power than XSX, the XSX versions of the games will probably look slightly better. PS5 has definitely not won next gen yet. If Sony messes up the price then they could lose to Microsoft just like PS3 did. 

I'm 100% sure PS3 didn't lose to XBOX 360 but whatever you say.

• Like 1

I think rooting for both SSD hardware advances for the PS5 and Unreal 5 Software advances to make great looking games are both great things for the future of gaming. Some software stuff might not seem impressive at first to the consumer, but the fact you can import cinematic level assets directly with high fidelity triangle counts + no light maps helps save developers time and money without having to go through hoops to make this stuff work better. Sometimes things that don't seem that impressive to us are behind the scenes things that mean a lot to other people. 

As for graphical advances, it seems natural to me that we are slowly reaching a sort of "peak" point where it the graphical leap will gradually decrease between generations. It'll be more about things like audio, FPS, loading times, line of horizon (big worlds being generated on screen and running at once). Stuff like that. In the meantime I applaud anything that makes it easier for devs to develop their games. 

4 hours ago, Dark Prince said:

I'm 100% sure PS3 didn't lose to XBOX 360 but whatever you say.

Well Sony almost went bankrupt because the launch of the PS3 was absolutely terrible. And did the 3rd party games look as good as Xbox 360? Not really. Let’s be real, yeah PS3 pipped Xbox 360 in terms of total sales at the end, but PS3 just lagged behind the entire generation otherwise. It did release a year later but the only reason it sold was because Sony were selling it for such a huge loss. Also I am sure if say Sony dares to censor Cyberpunk 2077 due to their censorship policy, then the PS5 will probably be a flop.

just makes me more excited

7 hours ago, Noskillzpro407 said:

Well Sony almost went bankrupt because the launch of the PS3 was absolutely terrible. And did the 3rd party games look as good as Xbox 360? Not really. Let’s be real, yeah PS3 pipped Xbox 360 in terms of total sales at the end, but PS3 just lagged behind the entire generation otherwise. It did release a year later but the only reason it sold was because Sony were selling it for such a huge loss. Also I am sure if say Sony dares to censor Cyberpunk 2077 due to their censorship policy, then the PS5 will probably be a flop.

i dont think Cyberpunk is the be all in end all for the PS5 lol are you delusional?  

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Sundowner5038 said:

just makes me more excited

i dont think Cyberpunk is the be all in end all for the PS5 lol are you delusional?  

So you really think that people are going to accept Censorship in one of the biggest games of the year? It is basically like getting an incomplete game for full price because that is not how CDPR want to make their game. It takes only 1 mistake to fuck everything up. Just ask Bethesda and Fallout 76. I would definitely boycott PS5 if Sony censored Cyberpunk. And I am sure I won’t be the only one to do that. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am impressed by the Lumen in the Land of Nanite tech demo, but I can't see actual games released at launch looking quite this good. Maybe half a year later, they'll start coming closer to that. Epic are saying they have no plans to work this into a full game... as of now. Let's hope they do what Quantic Dream did. QD's David Cage didn't plan to develop the Kara demo any further at first, then changed his mind... and turned it into Detroit: Become Human.