Divine Gratitude Trophy

I did all quests in my first playthrough, but I missed the letter.

I have read that I need to redo all of them even with chapter select or the letter won't show up.

Can anyone confirm this?

Considering I will have to redo chapter 9 and 14 for all dresses + all chapters on hard, what would be the fastest way to get this trophy (minimize number of chapter replays)?

Thanks!

1 hour ago, nudoetcrudo said:

I did all quests in my first playthrough, but I missed the letter.

I have read that I need to redo all of them even with chapter select or the letter won't show up.

Can anyone confirm this?

Considering I will have to redo chapter 9 and 14 for all dresses + all chapters on hard, what would be the fastest way to get this trophy (minimize number of chapter replays)?

Thanks!

Play chapter 14 and do all sidequests in it before you do chapters 3, 8, and 9 probably would be fastest.  Especially since you did all sidequests in playthrough one.  You'd have to repeat 3, 8, and 9 multiple times if you do them before ch 14.  You could do ch 14 on hard as well and kill 2 birds with one stone if you'd like. 

The game will retain the completed sidequests from 3, 8, and 9 if you didn't finish any of those chapters before redoing ch 14.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

Play chapter 14 and do all sidequests in it before you do chapters 3, 8, and 9 probably would be fastest.  Especially since you did all sidequests in playthrough one.  You'd have to repeat 3, 8, and 9 multiple times if you do them before ch 14.  You could do ch 14 on hard as well and kill 2 birds with one stone if you'd like. 

The game will retain the completed sidequests from 3, 8, and 9 if you didn't finish any of those chapters before redoing ch 14.

Thanks, I just did chapter 14 with all sidequests and it worked (didn't want to do all sidequests again on hard mode, better to use hard mode to get the dress that does not require any sidequest).

It took 1h30min, what a waste of time for a boring trophy (at least I got a third Prayer materia).

8 hours ago, nudoetcrudo said:

Thanks, I just did chapter 14 with all sidequests and it worked (didn't want to do all sidequests again on hard mode, better to use hard mode to get the dress that does not require any sidequest).

It took 1h30min, what a waste of time for a boring trophy (at least I got a third Prayer materia).

Jist a heads up, there are 11 manuscripts on ch 14 that you get from beating the sidequests on hard. 

And 3, 8, and 9 also have manuscripts tied to hard mode sidequests.  You can get away with only completing them up to where you get the manuscript for many, but half the ones in ch 8 you have to complete to unlock the others.  The 3/6 sidequests dress in that chapter might be worth going for, it's not all that hard to do them.

Chapter 9 I believe there are manuscripts from nearly every hard sidequest, which requires beating Hell House twice on hard.

And chapter 3 you have to complete one of them on hard for the manuscripts because one is locked behind the completion of another quest.  You can get away with not doing them all in that chapter and avoid having the discovery event pop up.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Also, the PSN Trophy Guide says it will appear in front of the Chocobo Fast Travel post. This is inaccurate. It is closer towards the wall, on the left side in front of some machine equipment on the ground. So it is possible you did have it on your first playthrough but since it doesn't appear where you are told it will, you overlooked the letter. I know I almost did.

• 3 years later...

I know this is an old topic, but as I'm currently attempting to plat Remake before Rebirth comes out, just thought I'd come back to confirm that nothing has changed as of December 9th, 2023. You still need to redo Chapter 14's side quests for the letter to appear, even if you have every side quest complete through earlier runs/chapter select.