West of Dead Trophy Topic

ConAir

I don't know why LegendaryPound69 says 100 souls. Maybe it's because Righteous Souls don't count? Because I killed 53 souls (three of which were Righteous needed for the ending) and got the trothy. So I was counting souls and when there was 50 and no trophy I remembered that there were three Righteous, so then after three more kills of Blue Souls the trophy popped. That's how it worked for me.

And RuancarloSilvaI didn't even bother to go to the portal, I killed soul, outlaw, waited for saving skull logo at the bottom right corner, pause, main menu, new run. It worked fine. 

Edited by BamRainey
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, BamRainey said:

I don't know why LegendaryPound69 says 100 souls. Maybe it's because Righteous Souls don't count? Because I killed 53 souls (three of which were Righteous needed for the ending) and got the trothy. So I was counting souls and when there was 50 and no trophy I remembered that there were three Righteous, so then after three more kills of Blue Souls the trophy popped. That's how it worked for me.

And RuancarloSilvaI didn't even bother to go to the portal, I killed soul, outlaw, waited for saving skull logo at the bottom right corner, pause, main menu, new run. It worked fine. 

Thanks mate, i was very worried with Souls because they almost never appear to me (i am on Chapter 4, only released 3 of them). Will try to end it today

4 hours ago, RuancarloSilva said:

Thanks mate, i was very worried with Souls because they almost never appear to me (i am on Chapter 4, only released 3 of them). Will try to end it today

Also, listen to what the protagonist says in the begining of the run. If he says that he feels some of his friends is near that means there is Righteous soul on the first level and there is a high possibility to find also a blue one. If he says overwise I immediately start new run.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BamRainey said:

Also, listen to what the protagonist says in the begining of the run. If he says that he feels some of his friends is near that means there is Righteous soul on the first level and there is a high possibility to find also a blue one. If he says overwise I immediately start new run.

Thank you for the tip, gonna farm a bit more today, past need 37 now

• 6 months later...
On 26.2.2021 at 4:03 PM, Tunnel1ngEffect said:

Any advice for finding Lost Souls?  By my count I'm at 20 souls and 26 outlaws, so making progress, but it's painfully slow. 

Only the no name souls and the outlaws from posters count . I keept reload the First 2-3 stages and run Them over amd over took almost a whole Day grind the last 

also im pretty disapointed at how many bugs and glitches this game had . It allmost made cyberpunk look like a flawless game haha

• 10 months later...

For those who come after seeking lost souls, I'll share my insights gleaned from grinding. 

I ran 29 runs of the first level, collecting data on lost soul appearance in connection to righteous soul and outlaw spawns. The following are my results. 

6/29 runs had no outlaw or righteous souls. Lost souls never occurred in this setup. (0% of total runs) 

8/29 runs had an outlaw with no righteous soul. A lost soul appeared once in this setup. (3% of total runs) 

7/29 runs had a righteous soul with no outlaw. A lost soul appeared on five of these runs. (17% of total runs) 

8/29 runs had both a righteous soul and an outlaw. A lost soul appeared on five of these runs. (17% of total runs) 

From this, we can reasonably conclude that lost souls spawn at higher rates alongside righteous souls. Ergo, if you spawn in the tavern with no mention of a righteous soul, quit and start a new run. 

Some additional notes that will assist in speed running the first area:

- Souls only spawn in the small square rooms with waypoints. I did not encounter them in any other room type. 

- Each enemy encounter room only has one main exit that continues down a path until an eventual dead-end. Learn to identify and avoid those exits which take you down unnecessary paths, such as those with the teleporter across the small chasm. 

- The waypoint rooms that spawn souls usually have three exits. Use this for quick identification of paths you have yet to explore. 

- As mentioned previously by another user, you do not need to find a waypoint after releasing a soul or killing an outlaw. Just wait for the game to save and then quit. 

With the knowledge above, the grinding became more manageable. Good luck. 

Edited by Sukwendo