Best friendly begginer build for the plat?

Sagaan

As the title says, wats the current best begginer build to get everything done in poe? I want to start it soon. Im not the mage type of play. Also the gearparts shouldnt be dat expensive to get. But if a mage type is neccessary i would play it as well. My pal dat plays it said necro with zombies is op and also cheap with gear etc. 

It took me several leagues, playing Necro before it got buffed, orb of storms trickster in Legion, and finally Essensce Drain Trickster (dodge & bow version) this league carried me to all the content for the first time.

Don't start now, wait until next league start. At this point game is pretty much dead you won't make money by trading in early league etc. Find a good league starter build guide that's tanky and can do all content (Don't use something that requires specific item to work, its usualy hard to get on Console). I like ED Trickster since it doesn't care about some crazy map mods in end game and farms quick, end game bosses are trickier but doable. 

Note the PC build guides (there is almost no console build guides) may not work for console due to key bindings / other reasons. For sanity choose something that doesn't require more than 2 skill casts to clear mobs and require lots of specific flasks to work. Due to performance/crash reasons don't crazy with summons as well.

Gear will always be expensive on console due to very few players and price fixers. Trading is not a good experience but if you know what you need usually you can get it, just price is usualy 5-10x of what you would pay on PC. But the game is just play and you will make currency. Its just slower on Console.

With that said, Zombie Necro (if they don't nerf it next league), ED Trickster is what I tried and know could work that gearing is not super hard. 

Edited by darkfall_sig
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, darkfall_sig said:

It took me several leagues, playing Necro before it got buffed, orb of storms trickster in Legion, and finally Essensce Drain Trickster (dodge & bow version) this league carried me to all the content for the first time.

Don't start now, wait until next league start. At this point game is pretty much dead you won't make money by trading in early league etc. Find a good league starter build guide that's tanky and can do all content (Don't use something that requires specific item to work, its usualy hard to get on Console). I like ED Trickster since it doesn't care about some crazy map mods in end game and farms quick, end game bosses are trickier but doable. 

Note the PC build guides (there is almost no console build guides) may not work for console due to key bindings / other reasons. For sanity choose something that doesn't require more than 2 skill casts to clear mobs and require lots of specific flasks to work. Due to performance/crash reasons don't crazy with summons as well.

Gear will always be expensive on console due to very few players and price fixers. Trading is not a good experience but if you know what you need usually you can get it, just price is usualy 5-10x of what you would pay on PC. But the game is just play and you will make currency. Its just slower on Console.

With that said, Zombie Necro (if they don't nerf it next league), ED Trickster is what I tried and know could work that gearing is not super hard. 

K dats great, could u link me your build perhaps? When does the league end btw? Or how long is a league? Its like 2 or 3 months y? Isnt it easier to play on standard server? Cuz the items r cheaper and so on.

Edited by Sagaan
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Sagaan said:

K dats great, could u link me your build perhaps? When does the league end btw? Or how long is a league? Its like 2 or 3 months y? Isnt it easier to play on standard server? Cuz the items r cheaper and so on.

Thinking about it again actually I would recommend to start and give it a try now to get used to the game and know what to expect. Once next league start you are more familiar and can progress much faster. The early game content doesn't matter, the goal is always get to end game as fast as possible. The platnium will require lots of time and patience. 

About Standard, generally quite the opposite. Standard players are very few and item prices are much higher. Think it this way, league generally lasts 2-3 months, and end of league your character gets transferred to Standard. Naturally the longer you play, the more currency you accumalte in Standard, thus driving the price up. For example, a map called Doryani's Machinarium that's required for platnium and very hard to get costs about 15ex in League, but ~30 in Standard and there are only 2 people selling atm. 

Also league introduces new mechanics that helps you make currency due to the mechanic appear in every single map (once its in Standard it becomes RNG). This league for example the fog thing just prints currency that finally got me enough currency to buy the end-game stuff needed for platnium. 

(League timeline) https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/League. This league started in 3.13, so next is probably around mid-late June (due to virus it might be delayed). 

For builds you want league starter in early league, and if it can do all content that's great. Otherwise just farm and build another expensive character to do all contents.

ED Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2581551 (There are some gear that's impossible to find on Console, but easily replacable)

Zombie Necro: (This channel have some generally good builds and guide is very clear and easy to follow)

Edited by darkfall_sig
  • Like 4