EASY WAY to get to the center of the galaxy

joshlabrioche_

On 14-6-2020 at 8:15 PM, HuntingFever said:

Just open the Galaxy map, set the Galactic Center as your waypoint, then keep warping along that path until you get there :).

Got it. Just two more easy trophies left for 100%. Thanks for the help!

14 hours ago, Tomerneless said:

Do you guys know how many warps it takes to get to the center from Shipwreck Cove?

It depends on your ship, how many upgrades you have installed and if you use any Black Holes, because it may only take an hour or it could take you a few hours.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

58 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It depends on your ship, how many upgrades you have installed and if you use any Black Holes, because it may only take an hour or it could take you a few hours.

You don't need to use any black hole. Shipwreck cove is just 4 systems or so from the center of the galaxy.

• Like 2

I didn't use any black holes. Just make sure you have some warp fuel when you reach the last system. I had 7 fuel cells and made it. I used the starting ship with a couple of hyper drive boosters (1s, 2b) and finished yesterday with just the upgrade for red systems, and I'm not even sure you need that last one... good luck!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Did this last night and made it to the centre in 6 hours or so. Much of that time was spent getting to the Anomaly, obtaining sufficient resources and a better ship, etc. A few things to keep in mind:

• When you arrive in Shipwreck Cove you will need to summon your ship to the landing pad, so make sure you have at least one Navigation Data in your exosuit inventory.
  • After leaving the planet, be sure to visit the nearby space station (Zaterneb Exchange) so that you can access the teleporter to get back and forth if needed. This might also be a good time to make a USB copy of your save just in case you run into issues and need to farm more materials, etc.
  • You will need the Cadmium Drive upgrade for your starship since the final system before the centre that you need to warp to is a Red system. This can be purchased at the Anomaly for nanites. I also purchased one S Class hyperdrive upgrade from the Zaterneb space station vendor.
  • Make sure you have a fully fueled hyperdrive plus an extra 1-2 warp cells before you start. In order to reach the centre from the closest system your hyperdrive must be 100% fueled. If it’s not 100% and you try to warp to the centre you’ll get a message that your hyperdrive is out of fuel.
  • Starting in Zaterneb, the centre path is as follows. Zaterneb -> Rotvie-Dan -> Afimors -> Udereh-Kiydo -> Ryontha. Depending on your hyperdrive you should be able to warp all the way to Ryontha (601 LY) but no further. Once you arrive in Ryontha you will need to warp to Imorrandr (the red system) which is also named “Closest to the center PVP ZONE” (25LY). Once you arrive there, make sure your hyperdrive is 100% fueled and then select the path to the center (hold the right stick until it charts the course). The trophies will pop as soon as you start warping.

Also, be aware that 

Spoiler

Upon arrival at the centre you will spawn on a planet (probably a deadly one if you are playing on Survival or Permadeath) with all your gear broken and your ship missing. If you want to continue playing your character make sure you have materials to quickly repair items like the multi-tool and to replenish hazard protection. Otherwise, you’ll probably die, making that USB save copy from Zaterneb somewhat useful.

Good luck traveller.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I’ve been struggling with this. When I go to the teleporter in the Space Anomaly there’s no such “shipwreck cove” in any of the categories. The closest base to the center was 17k light years, but with my current hyperdrive range (144.2 A class explorer) that would take forever, a lot more than a few hours.

I can’t figure out how to find this shipwreck cove, or how to upgrade my hyperdrive range. What I find online is either outdated or super vague.

6 hours ago, RedSkyKing said:

I’ve been struggling with this. When I go to the teleporter in the Space Anomaly there’s no such “shipwreck cove” in any of the categories. The closest base to the center was 17k light years, but with my current hyperdrive range (144.2 A class explorer) that would take forever, a lot more than a few hours.

I can’t figure out how to find this shipwreck cove, or how to upgrade my hyperdrive range. What I find online is either outdated or super vague.

That destination was removed from the Space Anomaly's Terminus when HG updated the Recommend Bases list just before Christmas so now the only way to get there is to either be invited by a friend or have all 16 Portal Glyphs and use a Portal.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 07.06.2020 at 5:35 PM, HuntingFever said:

You have to keep the Right Stick held in that direction whilst the Center is highlighted as your waypoint but it takes a good 30 seconds to plot the course so don't let go until a message appears on screen, that says the course has been plotted and to press X to warp there. If that doesn't work, then your ship may well be under-powered and doesn't have enough Hyper Drive upgrades to reach the Center.

If I didn't see your message, I wouldn't be able to go to the center, thank you my friend.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone, 

Been wanting to go through this gem of a game all over again for this new profile but the permadeath always put me off. Got in my last profile due to help from an awesome community member, but thats not always possible especially as time goes on. 

Anyway. As well as seeing this post, I also just found this Youtube guide from a gamer called ARG-Argie. Do any of you guys think this would still be possible or after checking the video has any updates been released that could have fixed it? It seems to be more of a glitch which involves you doing some stuff like getting glyphs in normal mode doing what the vid says, then going into perma mode and getting your ship up to scratch and going directly to the anomaly. Check the vid to see exactly what I mean as it would seem like a very cool exploit if still possible. 

6 hours ago, DanteIshimura said:

Hello everyone, 

Been wanting to go through this gem of a game all over again for this new profile but the permadeath always put me off. Got in my last profile due to help from an awesome community member, but thats not always possible especially as time goes on. 

Anyway. As well as seeing this post, I also just found this Youtube guide from a gamer called ARG-Argie. Do any of you guys think this would still be possible or after checking the video has any updates been released that could have fixed it? It seems to be more of a glitch which involves you doing some stuff like getting glyphs in normal mode doing what the vid says, then going into perma mode and getting your ship up to scratch and going directly to the anomaly. Check the vid to see exactly what I mean as it would seem like a very cool exploit if still possible. 

I've never heard of that exploit before but the Waypoint update made substantial changes to the game and how the modes work so there's a fair chance it won't work any more. EDIT: This does still work but it completely breaks the game and will permanently lock you out of any kind of progression if you don't have a fully working ship when you do this. Also note that after warping to the other galaxy all your technology will be broken and the only way to fix some of it is to use Melee to gather resources until your Mining Beam is fixed.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

I've never heard of that exploit before but the Waypoint update made substantial changes to the game and how the modes work so there's a fair chance it won't work any more. EDIT: This does still work but it completely breaks the game and will permanently lock you out of any kind of progression if you don't have a fully working ship when you do this. Also note that after warping to the other galaxy all your technology will be broken and the only way to fix some of it is to use Melee to gather resources until your Mining Beam is fixed.

Wow nice info, HuntingFever. 

Though on the point of your tech breaking, would it even matter as long as you have a working ship and warp fuel just to get those trophies? Also, the info says play on normal until you have a glyph, but I don't understand why he says use 1 glyph and put in suncode 12 times, or have the whole set and put in direct code. Where would the sun code take you, do you know, and is the first glyph you pick up a suncode glyph? When I played the game originally I just went off exploring the game as the story part didn't do much for me so I don't remember these glyphs.

Also. The info the OP gives, is this still doable after the original date posted?

Edited by DanteIshimura

49 minutes ago, DanteIshimura said:

Wow nice info, HuntingFever. 

Though on the point of your tech breaking, would it even matter as long as you have a working ship and warp fuel just to get those trophies? Also, the info says play on normal until you have a glyph, but I don't understand why he says use 1 glyph and put in suncode 12 times, or have the whole set and put in direct code. Where would the sun code take you, do you know, and is the first glyph you pick up a suncode glyph? When I played the game originally I just went off exploring the game as the story part didn't do much for me so I don't remember these glyphs.

Also. The info the OP gives, is this still doable after the original date posted?

1: It matters if you want to continue playing on that save but if all you're going to do is delete everything anyway, it becomes a moot point.

2: Having 1 Glyph will send you to a planet that's several systems away from the core but having all of the Glyphs will send you to a planet which is right next to core.

3: The video is still relevant as of the current 4.08 patch but since there's a major new update due in 2 or 3 days time, there's a chance this exploit will no longer work come Tuesday or Wednesday.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

1: It matters if you want to continue playing on that save but if all you're going to do is delete everything anyway, then it becomes a moot point.

2: Having 1 Glyph will send you to a planet that's several systems away from the core but having all of the Glyphs will send you to a planet which is right next to core.

3: The video is still relevant as of the current 4.08 patch but since there's a major new update due in 2 or 3 days time, there's a chance this exploit will no longer work come Tuesday or Wednesday.

Very much appreciate you taking the time to answer. For now I will stay away from the game. Just found out you need PS+ to get the taxi help ( which I don't have) and to do this legit either rushing or taking time is an investment I would not enjoy on such a game mode, the starting planet scenario alone is a stressful start on its own. I'll keep the game installed and maybe check on new info for this update you mention

Edited by DanteIshimura

1 minute ago, DanteIshimura said:

Very much appreciate you taking the time to answer. For now I will stay away from the game. Just found out you need PS+ to get the taxi help and to do this legit either rushing or taking time is an investment I would not enjoy on such a game mode, the starting planet scenario alone is a stressful start on its own. I'll keep the game installed and maybe check on new info for this update you mention

The new custom settings make Permadeath a lot easier, more forgiving and far less stressful than it was this time last year. Also, completing the Artemis Storyline will give you both trophies, because you are automatically sent to the Galactic Core as part of that storyline so no Glyphs or exploits required. I've got the full details in my Guide here :): https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/307233-no-mans-sky-complete-edition-road-map-and-trophy-guide/?do=findComment&comment=6198392

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The new custom settings make Permadeath a lot easier, more forgiving and far less stressful than it was this time last year. Also, completing the Artemis Storyline will give you both trophies, because you are automatically sent to the Galactic Core as part of that storyline so no Glyphs or exploits required. I've got the full details in my Guide here :): https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/307233-no-mans-sky-complete-edition-road-map-and-trophy-guide/?do=findComment&comment=6198392

Again cheers. The guide on here stated that you don't need PS+ to visit a players base, but that link you just sent says that even for reunion PS+ is required. Its fine though, I'm just going to leave the game alone. 

Edit. Never knew you were Terminator from that other site. Used to chat you on about the odd game many years back. Hope you're doing well. 

Edited by DanteIshimura

3 minutes ago, DanteIshimura said:

Again cheers. The guide on here stated that you don't need PS+ to visit a players base, but that link you just sent says that even for reunion PS+ is required. Its fine though, I'm just going to leave the game alone. 

The PS Plus situation is a messy one, because either the devs or Sony keep changing their minds as to if you need it or not for this game. I've updated the PS Plus requirements section of my Guide, 3 or 4 times since 2018/2019, because it keeps changing :(.

40 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The PS Plus situation is a messy one, because either the devs or Sony keep changing their minds as to if you need it or not for this game. I've updated the PS Plus requirements section of my Guide, 3 or 4 times since 2018/2019, because it keeps changing :(.

I get why SONY would press for it, as at the end of the day they want money from subscriptions. But for one trophy I would feel more like I bought the trophy and not sure I like the idea of that. My PS4 Pro is around five years old now and the other day my Dualshock 4 controller finally gave up charging so I am having to use a poor 3rd party controller. I tried it on this game on a test account I have, but even harvesting minerals was tricky with the pad due to the dead zones of the 3rd party controller. 

The idea was that I either wait to buy a PS5 or just keep the Pro and buy a new controller. Only reason I held off the controller was because I didn't want to invest due to the time I've had the Pro and felt holding out for the new console would be better option, but there is no games I hardly want to play on PS5, so even if I bought it the cost would be near £600 with a PS+ subscription. Seemed a bit steep for a trophy unlock lol. 

But again. We can wait and see what they release for this upcoming update to see if it presses me to want to dive in. Its just Perma mode is a huge time investment for a mode I will not enjoy. The rest of the trophies are fantastic for a game of this kind as they all amount to exploration. Then HG went and added this elitest crap. If It was an entire list dedicated to that mode I would understand, but for just one trophy its such a middle finger in my opinion. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 19/02/2023 at 4:56 AM, DanteIshimura said:

Hello everyone, 

This is just an FYI but this exploit is getting fixed with the 4.15 patch when it comes out within the next week. Update: The patch was released a few days ago and I can confirm this exploit has been nuked out of existence so no longer works.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1