You’ll never walk alone

On 18/05/2020 at 3:47 AM, DougKelley1982 said:

Okay well that sucks. How did you manage to get it?. I’m thinking about making 20 accounts to get it. I have never seen another person playing this game when I have booted it up. 

I just kept an eye on the lobby list and joined people when lobbies were available. I found most of the lobbies on Saturday and Sunday evenings (uk time). The game is pretty dead though. My friends and I were planning to join each other’s games with alt accounts to make the numbers up but we didn’t need it in the end

• 1 month later...

I hate multi-player trophies with a passion. I never buy Plus because for one I think it's a total waste of money and not worth it whatsoever and secondly I think it's absolute bullshit that we have to pay to play online. But most of all I hate having to rely on others for trophies or having to make 20 million accounts because the game is dead on arrival. I want to earn them when I want to earn them and not sit around waiting on someone else's schedule. I seriously just cannot put into words how much I despise online crap.

So this trophy definitely has to be played with 20 different people? I platinumed Van Helsing 1 and 2 and due to this online garbage it might honestly be the reason why I never touch the 3rd installment. There was no reason for this goddamn trophy. None at all!

Edited by MrTacoNinja

12 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

I hate multi-player trophies with a passion. I never buy Plus because for one I think it's a total waste of money and not worth it whatsoever and secondly I think it's absolute bullshit that we have to pay to play online. But most of all I hate having to rely on others for trophies or having to make 20 million accounts because the game is dead on arrival. I want to earn them when I want to earn them and not sit around waiting on someone else's schedule. I seriously just cannot put into words how much I despise online crap.

So this trophy definitely has to be played with 20 different people? I platinumed Van Helsing 1 and 2 and due to this online garbage it might honestly be the reason why I never touch the 3rd installment. There was no reason for this goddamn trophy. None at all!

100% man. I feel the same way. I saw this game is on sale, so I came to check the trophy list. It all looked doable, then I saw this abomination on the list.

I really wish devs would stop putting multiplayer trophies in games, or at the very least release a patch that automatically unlocks them on startup for dead games. It’s especially bad with games that truly are dead because of server closure. There should be some kind of mandate from Sony that you have to unlock those trophies for all players before shutting the servers down.

BTW, how were Van Helsing 1 & 2 to plat? I see they’re on sale too.

Edited by CookeKeyes

1 hour ago, CookeKeyes said:

100% man. I feel the same way. I saw this game is on sale, so I came to check the trophy list. It all looked doable, then I saw this abomination on the list.

I really wish devs would stop putting multiplayer trophies in games, or at the very least release a patch that automatically unlocks them on startup for dead games. It’s especially bad with games that truly are dead because of server closure. There should be some kind of mandate from Sony that you have to unlock those trophies for all players before shutting the servers down.

BTW, how were Van Helsing 1 & 2 to plat? I see they’re on sale too.

Yup, feel the same dude. It's not fair at all to anyone, especially when companies shut down servers making a platinum impossible. People can't earn a platinum and now have to have a game sit there on their list, incomplete forever and forever ruining their game completion percentage through no fault of their own and it's fucking bullshit!

I can't tell you how many games I initially found very interesting, was going to buy it but than saw that it had multi-player trophies and due to this I passed on the game. I truly HATE multi-player stuff and since the PS4 it just seems to be implemented into damn near everything. It's almost like Sony says to game developers "Make sure you add multi-player trophies so it'll boost our PS Plus membership sales even more because we're a greedy company and our 80 billion dollar net worth just isn't enough", LOL! 

There was no reason other than greed, as far as I'm concerned, to make players pay to play online with friends and family. They saw that Xbox got away with it and saw their hefty financial gain from it so they decided to jump on the bandwagon. And since then other companies did the same, like Nintendo for instance. I read somewhere a while ago that Sony did it for "better security and stable servers for players" or some bullshit like that. Funny, I've played TONS of games online on the PS3 and NEVER had a single issue. Better security and stability my ass. 

As for the Van Helsing games, if you have a moment please read here https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/the-incredible-adventures-of-van-helsing/305497-platinum-difficulty-rating.html and here https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/the-incredible-adventures-of-van-helsing-ii/315300-platinum-difficulty-rating.html. These two links are my opinion and difficulty rating on both games. Also check out this link as well if you don't mind cheating a little. It's a duplication exploit that came in very, very handy: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/the-incredible-adventures-of-van-helsing/341208-duping-exploit.html. This exploits applies to both games (no idea if it applies to the 3rd game as I'm still on the fence about getting it).

Edited by MrTacoNinja

18 minutes ago, RoxasOnFire said:

I just logged on daily and tried to join games. I'm sure its more dead now but thankfully I got the trophy. 

Do you think it's possible at all to play 20 times with the same player just like how you can do it on the Xbox and unlock this trophy?

-UPDATE-

So I did what I usually do when I can't find an answer on a trophy and messaged all the people who unlocked it and most said they tried doing it 20 times with the same person and it didn't work. Ugh.

Edited by MrTacoNinja

3 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Do you think it's possible at all to play 20 times with the same player just like how you can do it on the Xbox and unlock this trophy?

-UPDATE-

So I did what I usually do when I can't find an answer on a trophy and messaged all the people who unlocked it and most said they tried doing it 20 times with the same person and it didn't work. Ugh.

Nah, I tried that with a buddy.  I had to legit find 20 randoms. Most days I'd see the same person but I kept at it. But yeah messaging recent players is always a good go to.

22 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Yup, feel the same dude. It's not fair at all to anyone, especially when companies shut down servers making a platinum impossible. People can't earn a platinum and now have to have a game sit there on their list, incomplete forever and forever ruining their game completion percentage through no fault of their own and it's fucking bullshit!

I can't tell you how many games I initially found very interesting, was going to buy it but than saw that it had multi-player trophies and due to this I passed on the game. I truly HATE multi-player stuff and since the PS4 it just seems to be implemented into damn near everything. It's almost like Sony says to game developers "Make sure you add multi-player trophies so it'll boost our PS Plus membership sales even more because we're a greedy company and our 80 billion dollar net worth just isn't enough", LOL! 

There was no reason other than greed, as far as I'm concerned, to make players pay to play online with friends and family. They saw that Xbox got away with it and saw their hefty financial gain from it so they decided to jump on the bandwagon. And since then other companies did the same, like Nintendo for instance. I read somewhere a while ago that Sony did it for "better security and stable servers for players" or some bullshit like that. Funny, I've played TONS of games online on the PS3 and NEVER had a single issue. Better security and stability my ass. 

As for the Van Helsing games, if you have a moment please read here https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/the-incredible-adventures-of-van-helsing/305497-platinum-difficulty-rating.html and here https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/the-incredible-adventures-of-van-helsing-ii/315300-platinum-difficulty-rating.html. These two links are my opinion and difficulty rating on both games. Also check out this link as well if you don't mind cheating a little. It's a duplication exploit that came in very, very handy: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/the-incredible-adventures-of-van-helsing/341208-duping-exploit.html. This exploits applies to both games (no idea if it applies to the 3rd game as I'm still on the fence about getting it).

Thanks my dude.

I remember reading about the ridiculous difficulty of Fearless in VH 2, so I guess I’ll be skipping that or playing on my alt account. I was really hoping they’d patch it, but it seems they’re more interested in making the same game three times.

Maybe I’ll check out VH1 to see if it’s any good.

2 hours ago, CookeKeyes said:

I remember reading about the ridiculous difficulty of Fearless in VH 2

The difficulty is fucking absurd! And hol...ly... SHIT the framerate issues when fighting the last 3 bosses of the game is the absolute worst I have ever experienced and made it damn near unplayable! 

they’re more interested in making the same game three times.

LOL, riiiight?

Maybe I’ll check out VH1 to see if it’s any good.

This one is a million times easier than the second. The only bitch of a trophy is those little Igor bastards!

• 3 months later...

Just a word of caution: Unless you have 20 different people on your friends list that own this game or are willing to create 20 different accounts and give each account the free 14-day Plus trial (the latter is fucking tedious as all hell to do) than I'd honestly avoid this game due to this sonofabitch: trophy_bronze.pngYou'll Never Walk Alone - Play with 20 different people in any multiplayer game mode.

This game is deader than your childhood pet goldfish! For two days straight now I've been in the lobby all day refreshing it and I've only ever encountered 2 other players. This is one of the biggest reasons why I absolutely hate online trophies and really try to avoid any game that has them. mad.gif

-EDIT-

Or as a smarter, faster alternative just message everyone under the Platinum Club list or click on this specific trophy to see all who have unlocked it like I eventually went and did. There will be some cool people to help you. You'll get the occasional lame ass excuse and a lot of ignored messages but sooner or later you'll hit the 20/20 mark. Pointless, annoying trophy.

Edited by MrTacoNinja
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

Edit: got a platinum, 20 people took me 3 days (I've created a new level 1 char and stayed in a starting zone so anyone could join) and I've checked the lobby 10 times every day. I suggest to do this trophy as soon as possible before it becomes unobtainable with a lack of players or server shutdown.

Edited by SuperZay

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...