ep16/final boss glitch

i have this issue in ep16 in the final boss fight where after the 1st phase ends (after 1/3rd of the boss health gauge depleted), and the ensuing cutscene ends, and the game switches to the main character, the boss suddenly has almost no hp left, he jumps away and the ep just abruptly ends there and takes me to the results screen, when there's supposed to be two more phases and a bunch of cutscenes, so this is absolutely a glitch

ive had to retry this over and over yesterday night while trying to clear the campaign and i managed to. but today ive been replaying it over and over again for the thanks for loving me trophy or whatever it's called. it's not a big deal if i cant get it but i wonder why i cant find any more info on this issue

am i literally the only one experiencing this? ive been searching around and there's no mention of this at all

anyway pretty cool game even for someone like me who doesnt watch anime

Edited by ifyucantbeatmeXD

well i just couldnt get the boss battle to play out properly so i've decided to just let it skip the whole thing and the trophy popped for me at the save screen anyway. before this i kept closing the game and reloading bc i didnt want to do the whole stage again to meet the conditions even though it's not much work

still it's bad if one couldnt get the event attack trophy bc of this. also i thought maybe there's some special cutscene for beating the stage this way, i dunno if there is or isnt but ok

• 1 year later...

I had this same thing happen to me, too. I think it happens when you complete the stage as it was in the original story.

Let me explain.

There's a trophy for doing what was done in the original story (don't capture more than 4 territories, only defeat certain enemies with certain characters, etc..) If you accomplish those hidden requirements you get a trophy, you also skip the last two phases of the Akainu fight. It's not a glitch I don't think, it's playing out like the original story since Luffy never fought Akainu in Marineford.

Hope this all makes sense.