Still Buggy?

christhedog3

5 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

I cant be arsed to look through your profile but im just going on what you put which said its almost impossible a less than a month ago and nothing on this thread since then as proved tgat uts been fixed

As of right now, it's pretty much impossible. Your comment has just backed that up. Nothing has been updated on the game that fixed it, hence why there's no posts that suggest it's fixed. You might wanna take a look at the thousands of forum posts about it. 

Edited by Top-Lad-Luke

2 minutes ago, Top-Lad-Luke said:

As of right now, it's pretty much impossible. Your comment has just backed that up. Nothing has been updated on the game that fixed it, hence why there's no posts that suggest it's fixed. You might wanna take a look at the thousands of forum posts about it. 

It might be buggy but its not almost impossible is it. Enforcy bug on mafia 2 remastered was impossible untill a fix came out other day

6 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

It might be buggy but its not almost impossible is it. Enforcy bug on mafia 2 remastered was impossible untill a fix came out other day

It's almost impossible *AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME*. You've clearly hijacked the thread, with no real understanding of the issue so I'll elaborate for you. At some point, the tracking got messed up for discovering locations. So when you'd enter an area that you'd already discovered instead of getting "now entering (insert location)" you'd get "area discovered". Since then the same shit has been happening. The only real chance of getting it UNTIL IT'S FIXED is trying to get every single location discovered in one sitting without turning the console off. The reason I say it's almost impossible is that the game is broken as fuck and will often blue screen. Blue screen yields the same exact result as turning the console off, it fucks the game up and you start getting "area discovered".

@HuntingFever is there anything else I'm missing in my post? I know I've seen you keeping on top of the broken locations posts. 

Edited by Top-Lad-Luke
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Top-Lad-Luke said:

It's almost impossible *AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME*. You've clearly hijacked the thread, with no real understanding of the issue so I'll elaborate for you. At some point, the tracking got messed up for discovering locations. So when you'd enter an area that you'd already discovered instead of getting "now entering (insert location)" you'd get "area discovered". Since then the same shit has been happening. The only real chance of getting it UNTIL IT'S FIXED is trying to get every single location discovered in one sitting without turning the console off. The reason I say it's almost impossible is that the game is broken as fuck and will often blue screen. Blue screen yields the same exact result as turning the console off, it fucks the game up and you start getting "area discovered". 

How am i hyjacking the thread. So they have brought a update recently that as made these bugs because i necer had to go to every location in obe sitting

1 minute ago, waltdisneypixar said:

Let's get back to the topic. You can pm for more deep conversations

I'm just keeping people updated on the issue as its evidently not clear to some that the game is broken. Don't want people getting a false sense of hope and trying to do this because ultimately they will more than likely be wasting their time. I agree though, this conversation should probably end here. 

Just now, dannyswfc9 said:

How am i hyjacking the thread. So they have brought a update recently that as made these bugs because i necer had to go to every location in obe sitting

Yes, it's been an issue since April I believe. They were always buggy, but you could get them. Now it's very, very annoying to do so. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Top-Lad-Luke said:

Yes, it's been an issue since April I believe. They were always buggy, but you could get them. Now it's very, very annoying to do so. 

Yeah just read bout it. I hold my hands up. I didnt know until i read the entire thread. Sorry dude.

Does it affect the dlcs or just the main game because the next dlc comes out soon. Hopefully they patch it then

Edited by dannyswfc9

58 minutes ago, Top-Lad-Luke said:

@HuntingFever is there anything else I'm missing in my post? I know I've seen you keeping on top of the broken locations posts. 

No, you've covered everything :).

49 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Yeah just read bout it. I hold my hands up. I didnt know until i read the entire thread. Sorry dude.

Does it affect the dlcs or just the main game because the next dlc comes out soon. Hopefully they patch it then

The stat tracking has been knackered since the game came out last year but the 1.11 patch made the problems 100x worse, though none of the DLC trophies appear to be affected ?.

• Like 2

I did all the the named location today (223/223) and it bugged for me. The trophy Master Of All You Survey did not unlock even though I didn't go back to Sanctuary, like it was suggested, but the other locations trophies unlocked. Plus the eridian writings trophy is bugged. I got all the writings but it still says 29/30. You should just hold off and see if they fix this cause doing all the location in one day is very time consuming and annoying, especially if glitches out on you at the end. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, AznNation said:

I did all the the named location today (223/223) and it bugged for me. The trophy Master Of All You Survey did not unlock even though I didn't go back to Sanctuary, like it was suggested, but the other locations trophies unlocked. Plus the eridian writings trophy is bugged. I got all the writings but it still says 29/30. You should just hold off and see if they fix this cause doing all the location in one day is very time consuming and annoying, especially if glitches out on you at the end. 

Sorry to ear it ?

The exact same situation happened to me yesterday. And when i reported it in detail here, i got so unusefull mild passive-agressive message and than the thread got hijacked.. 

I just checked and since the last few days some people got the location trophies so it seems to be a random glitch... 

Just like you, i'd recommand to hold the location trophies as of now, up until a patch is announce because yeah... Running around the map for hours while stressing if the game will crash isnt fun... Especially if this "safe method" glitched for two person on two consequetive days. 

I don't know what trophies were bugged previously. But I was able to get both the collect 10 skins/heads trophy via multiple load ins in single player as well as the one to buy 20 of Earl's vanity items without having to save up enough to buy 20 at a time, I just bought them when I could and it popped fine. Other than the fact that more people have the trophy to find all locations in the game than the individual areas I am surprised anyone has a bugged trophy since the trophy percentage for most collectible style trophies is so high.

1 hour ago, Nutrageous69 said:

I don't know what trophies were bugged previously. But I was able to get both the collect 10 skins/heads trophy via multiple load ins in single player as well as the one to buy 20 of Earl's vanity items without having to save up enough to buy 20 at a time, I just bought them when I could and it popped fine.

Those trophy glitches are rare occurrences but the underlying problem was never fixed, thus you just got lucky. The Location trophies had far fewer issues pre-1.11, which is why the attainment rates are so high but post-1.11, the attainment rates have gone through the floor :(.

On 6/20/2020 at 3:36 AM, AznNation said:

Go to Tannis's room on Sanctuary, and spam the one there.  That's what worked for me, and many others. :)

• Like 2

I'm late to playing this as I refused to buy the game due to the shit Randy Pitchford & Gearbox pulled in the buildup to launch including how they treated David Eddings & Troy Baker among other things. I was recently gifted a copy of the game though so will inevitably play it at some point so I have a question:

In regards to Master Of All You Survey & Tales From The Eridian Slab, could they not be done on an unpatched game if you own a physical copy of the game?

I don't own any of the DLC & haven't even installed the game yet so I assume that other than not being able to play co-op or redeem gold keys, not patching the game until after I unlock the glitchy trophies shouldn't have any ill effects for me? From what I've been able to find out, the problems seem to have started around patch 1.11 & all trophies unlocked fine before that.

Are there any other trophies I should be aware of besides Master of All You Survey and Tales From The Eridian Slab?

Edited by ObsceneSociopath

41 minutes ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

I'm late to playing this as I refused to buy the game due to the shit Randy Pitchford & Gearbox pulled in the buildup to launch including how they treated David Eddings & Troy Baker among other things. I was recently gifted a copy of the game though so will inevitably play it at some point so I have a question:

In regards to Master Of All You Survey & Tales From The Eridian Slab, could they not be done on an unpatched game if you own a physical copy of the game?

I don't own any of the DLC & haven't even installed the game yet so I assume that other than not being able to play co-op or redeem gold keys, not patching the game until after I unlock the glitchy trophies shouldn't have any ill effects for me? From what I've been able to find out, the problems seem to have started around patch 1.11 & all trophies unlocked fine before that.

Are there any other trophies I should be aware of besides Master of All You Survey and Tales From The Eridian Slab?

Tales from the Eridian Slab is glitched on all versions of the game so playing unpatched won't help you with that one. As for the Location trophies, those are also glitched on all versions of the game but at least they will eventually unlock in a pre-1.11 version of the game. The downside to playing unpatched if you have already started the game, is you will almost certainly have to start over from scratch with a new character due to the saves being patched directly so won't react well to them not being present. Here are the other trophies you have to watch out for:

Bolt-Ons trophy_bronze.png
My Name Is Earl trophy_bronze.png
Tales From The Eridian Slab trophy_silver.png
Master Of All You Survey trophy_silver.png
Damn, Gina trophy_silver.pngtrophy_hidden7.png

Stay Golden was reported in PowerPyx's Guide as being glitchy but I haven't found any concrete evidence that such a problem ever existed. Also note that playing unpatched, means you won't be able to get either of the online only trophies (i.e. Gun Pals! and Stay Golden).

Edited by HuntingFever
Fixed typo.
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Tales from the Eridian Slab is glitched on all versions of the game so playing unpatched won't help you with that one. As for the Location trophies, those are also glitched on all versions of the game but at least they will eventually unlock in a pre-1.11 version of the game. The downside to playing unpatched if you have already started the game, is you will almost certainly have to start over from scratch with a new character due to the saves being patched directly so won't react well to them not being present. Here are the other trophies you have to watch out for:

Bolt-Ons trophy_bronze.png
My Name Is Earl trophy_bronze.png
Tales From The Eridian Slab trophy_silver.png
Master Of All You Survey trophy_silver.png
Damn, Gina trophy_silver.pngtrophy_hidden7.png

Stay Golden was reported in PowerPyx's Guide as being glitchy but I haven't found any concrete evidence that such a problem ever existed.

Thanks, I'll watch out for those ones too.

Fortunately I haven't started the game yet so I have nothing to lose from playing unpatched although I do feel bad for anyone who isn't able to start fresh & has had them glitch.

I have a couple of active games I need to finish first (TLoU PII & Watch Dogs 2) but unless something comes up between now & me finishing them, this will probably be the game I play next.

absolutely furious about this game and the location issues - I've had a few other minor bugs too. When i mark a gun as trash it automatically moves my gun selection up by like three - it is so odd. Also if i am looking at fast travelling to a new location and look at the remaining challenges then go back to confirm, yes i want to fast travel. I hold X but it just doesn't react, you have to come out of the menu and then go back in. CONSTANTLY.

The location trophy pains have caused me to end my pursuit of the plat, i had two planets done and my external hard-drive disconnected and i lost it all. Incredible that in 2020 we have issues that are preventing successful 100% completion of a game. Embarrassing.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

GENERAL     

Addressed a reported concern that sometimes caused Trophies / Achievements to remain locked when all named locations were discovered   

Retroactively awarded Trophies / Achievements to players that met the requirements

https://games-guides.com/borderlands-3-update-1-15-patch-notes-on-july-23/

Edited by waltdisneypixar
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, waltdisneypixar said:

GENERAL     

Addressed a reported concern that sometimes caused Trophies / Achievements to remain locked when all named locations were discovered   

Retroactively awarded Trophies / Achievements to players that met the requirements

https://games-guides.com/borderlands-3-update-1-15-patch-notes-on-july-23/

This news warmed my heart and thawed the ice that covered it. I am going back to the Borderlands, baby! Whoop! Jokes aside, thanks for the information.

Edit: 

I can confirm that the trophies have been fixed. I downloaded the newest version of the game, and all my missing trophies (including the platinum trophy) unlocked. Cheers!

Edited by Iksde
Trophy fix confirmation.
  • Like 2