Where can I farm amrita if I'm level 120 and I've just finished the way of the samurai?

Lezonidas

I've tried to google it but it's just impossible for me to do what they do in the videos (basically oneshooting one boss after another), that's the reason I want to farm in the first place, to be able to beat the side missions where they gangbang you with 2 bosses or more.

My best suggestion would be to start Way of the Strong and build up NG+ loot. It may seem like your doing more if you are just going for the plat but you can switch between difficulties at any time and better weapons/armor and a gain in Amrita really make the difference.

What I did was constantly defeat the Onryoki in the mission "Greater Demon Hunting" in the Kinki region. If you can make your way to Way of the Demon and do the grind there, I think you could get around 10 million amrita per run (I could be wrong tho). If you're not strong enough to grind in WotD, you can try it on Way of the Strong until you're strong enough. I recommend doing this all the way to Way of the Nioh difficulty, where you'll get 1.5 billion amrita per run and get some nice gear drops. 

Best place by far is Marobashi, the mission where you fight all the weapon masters in a row. They all drop lots of amrita, and gear, and since they all spawn in the same spot one after another, you can cheese them to death easily. Parry fishing, paralysis groundfires, knockdown guardian spirit attacks, etc. Let the final weapon master, the katana guy, kill you so you don't have to go back to the mission select screen and go through the loading screens.

You unlock Marobashi by beating the sword and spear mystic art dojo missions, then beating the mission that unlocks where you fight the sword and spear weapon masters at the same time. If you can't do that yet, the best farm is always in the highest level mission you have access to. Run back and forth between whatever two shrines have the highest concentration of enemies and kill everything.

I would suggest fighting 100 eyes for now.

Since you just finished way of the samurai, marobashi and the other nioh missions are completely out of your league. 

Now will also be a good time to start a build. Red demon or kingo set would be excellent for way of the strong. Once you get a set you'll be smashing onryoki in that great hunting mission in kinki region which pays way more than marobashi mission back in way of the samurai

Edited by Slickmoth33

It's not about amrita and leveling alone. In the videos you mention (about 1-2 shoting bosses), it's about the right build. If you are planning on doing Way of the Demon, I would suggest to rush through Way of the Strong, which is still easy without any specific build, then decide on a build and start farming the corresponding pieces. 

If the only thing you want to do is finish the dual-bosses in Way of the Samurai... well then what I said is not required since those can be beaten without having a good build, at least on that difficulty level. 

To put it short: Level alone doesn't mean anything in this game. 

4 hours ago, Arcesius said:

It's not about amrita and leveling alone. In the videos you mention (about 1-2 shoting bosses), it's about the right build. If you are planning on doing Way of the Demon, I would suggest to rush through Way of the Strong, which is still easy without any specific build, then decide on a build and start farming the corresponding pieces. 

If the only thing you want to do is finish the dual-bosses in Way of the Samurai... well then what I said is not required since those can be beaten without having a good build, at least on that difficulty level. 

To put it short: Level alone doesn't mean anything in this game. 

I see there are divine weapons 150 +1, +2, +3, but honestly I have tried to combine souls to make a better katana and the difference in damage in maybe 5%, I don't think there's a big difference, I don't know if I'm doing this wrong, being honest I don't know a lot about creating a build and everything I see on youtube are lvl 300 builds so I can't copy that. I guess I will do way of the strong and then we'll see.

21 minutes ago, Lezonidas said:

I see there are divine weapons 150 +1, +2, +3, but honestly I have tried to combine souls to make a better katana and the difference in damage in maybe 5%, I don't think there's a big difference, I don't know if I'm doing this wrong, being honest I don't know a lot about creating a build and everything I see on youtube are lvl 300 builds so I can't copy that. I guess I will do way of the strong and then we'll see.

Yes, an individual piece of gear is not sufficient either. It's about getting synergies.... For example, using light weapon and roll "Equipment Weight Damage" on your gear, or use a Yasakani Magatama to get good perks from two different sets, etc... 

Myself, I ended up with a Dual Sword build that could 2-3 shot bosses on Way of the Demon using Sign of the Cross from behind. But that was not thanks to my dual swords alone, but thanks to the synergies I had going between all my equipment pieces. I rolled extra damage on Sign of the Cross, extra damage on Dual Sword skills, extra damage from behind, familiarity bonus, equipment weight bonus... and with a mix of two sets that gave me the synergies I needed. 

When you watch a video about a build, don't focus on the lv. 300 (you'll get there eventually). Rather, try to understand what equipment and skills the build uses, as those are by far the most crucial aspects of the build. Whether you have 99 Skill and 99 Heart or only 50 each, it doesn't matter quite as much as having the right synergies going on. 

• 2 months later...

Don't bother farming Amrita in one mission for too long. Honestly, you're better off heading to NG+ or a higher difficulty and summoning people to help you get through missions quickly. I gained the most levels by just brute forcing my way through the regions, doing Queens Eye and unlocking the next higher difficulty while using at least a hundred or more Ochoko cups on visitors. The only thing I really farmed was the Ochoko cups from Ohashi Bridge and certain bosses for loot.