You can no longer platinum this game...

Dreakon139

I've noticed that through the process of acing about half of the levels, I hadn't gotten these trophies yet. I went back to a few of the levels where it's kind of easy to rack up points (the first levels, Got The Hump, etc) and specifically aimed to get as many points as possible... still nothing.

Looking at most of the scoreboards for the Story levels, it seems every level has a number of people getting 4 million points... a number most likely unobtainable without hacking. Have these trophies become impossible to get?

Considering I'm exhausted and just wanted to get them quick before I went to bed, I'm rather disappointed to see this. If they are still possible, what might be good levels to try and get these trophies in? Maybe I'm just awful at getting points, though I really try... you'd think I would be able to get the Top 50% one at least.

This isn't getting enough outrage on here. :P

So I changed the title accordingly, sensationalizing it. I'm not sure if no one can anymore, but I certainly can't. Having earned the High Achiever pin stating "Place in the top 25% of 10 Story level scoreboards (with at least 50 other players in them)"... I have come to the conclusion that it is both recognizing the online scoreboards and that I have placed in the top 25%... not only once, but 10 times! Yet no trophy.

What up wit dat? I'll keep playing this game because it is loverly and trophies aren't my whole life, but it is kind of sad when one of Playstation 3's biggest exclusives can't even get the trophies right throughout it's lifetime.

Although I do not have LBP2, and I know you are asking for thoughts/suggestions, have you tried the forums over on the official LBP site to see if others are having the same issues, and if they have solutions for you?

Sure did! Nothing yet but I'll keep you all posted. ;)

EDIT: Oh, apparently the scoreboards are down. They've been down for about 4 months though and not much from Media Molecule since. I stand by my "this game is impossible to platinum" allegations. :)

Yeah I'm anticipating the scoreboards to come back on. As soon as they do (if they do) I will borrow the game again from the library. Its too bad that Media Molecule messed this one up so much.

I find it odd that MM dropped the ball in the way it sounds like they have. Has something happened to them or....? Just curious as with the release of LBP, they were quite good at fixing (most) issues. Why the sudden decline with LBP2?

I find it odd that MM dropped the ball in the way it sounds like they have. Has something happened to them or....? Just curious as with the release of LBP, they were quite good at fixing (most) issues. Why the sudden decline with LBP2?

Well, they took the scoreboards down because people found a glitch that gave them a ridiculous amount of points in any Story level. Or so I believe. Maybe they just can't seem to find out a way to fix it? Or they don't think people really care about the scoreboards so they are slacking lol.

• 1 month later...

I just got the "Special Edition" on black friday... it came with free crap but im interested in this trophy... two days ago i got the trophy for being in the top 50 (not sure how i did that because i was just rushing through some levels)... but im most likely very far away from the top 25 on any level...

I never understood why they put these trophies in games because unless they reset the leaderboards once a week its impossible to get a score higher than those who hack (don't even get me started on the hacking subject, sheesh!)... but anyway...