IKEMENZI

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a developer who have been tinkering with trophies as well and might shed some light upon the ikemenzi problem. The problem is on Sony's side. It's very rare that a request on ikemenzi's trophies result in a success. He quite frankly seems to have to many trophies for Sony to handle. You can see this for yourself by trying to access his trophy page at Sony: https://my.playstation.com/profile/ikemenzi/trophies

If you're lucky, you will see his trophies. But most likely you will get an error message like "Something's not working right.".

So other sites who have been updating his profile have probably hammered Sony with requests until they got a success result, which can take hours.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Ragowit said:

I'm a developer who have been tinkering with trophies as well and might shed some light upon the ikemenzi problem. The problem is on Sony's side. It's very rare that a request on ikemenzi's trophies result in a success. He quite frankly seems to have to many trophies for Sony to handle. You can see this for yourself by trying to access his trophy page at Sony: https://my.playstation.com/profile/ikemenzi/trophies

If you're lucky, you will see his trophies. But most likely you will get an error message like "Something's not working right.".

So other sites who have been updating his profile have probably hammered Sony with requests until they got a success result, which can take hours.

Yeah the issue is that is he has over double the amount of games that anyone else on trophy tracking websites seem to have.

That said PSN Trophy Leaders seems to be able to update his profile very regularly and having updated it myself once it works pretty quickly there. Sure they have less people being tracked so less data overall being requested by them but you'd think if they can do it without too much trouble regularly then surely this website should be able to handle updating his profile at least once a week.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, AusLeviathan said:

Sure they have less people being tracked so less data overall being requested by them but you'd think if they can do it without too much trouble regularly then surely this website should be able to handle updating his profile at least once a week.

I mean, PSNTL also harbors trophy hackers, so the site's likely used to the game load that Ike's account would have. Whereas, such an amount would be a rarity on PSNProfiles, since they're strictly against cheaters. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ragowit said:

I can confirm. Basically this. PSNP uses a more official method of retrieving trophies, which has issues over 7500 games. I mentioned it in more detail before. 

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, B1rvine said:

I can confirm. Basically this. PSNP uses a more official method of retrieving trophies, which has issues over 7500 games. I mentioned it in more detail before. 

Thanks for the info. Surely this must need updating soon then, as the site is going to run into trouble when everyone else (eventually) gets to that level of games.

I don't mean to speak out of line or anything, but I feel sorry for the guy. He holds a GWR that was verified from this site (?), plus holds a Lifetime Premium membership where he has given the site money.

It's just a bit off that he is being treated differently (unfairly) through no fault of his own.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dino_Roar said:

It's just a bit off that he is being treated differently (unfairly) through no fault of his own.

He is actually being treated equally. The same search function searches for his trophies in the exact same was as it searches for everyone elses.

What you're actually asking for us unequal treatment for him. You're asking for Sly to treat him differently and create a workaround just for him for Sony's flaw, not exactly a flaw of the site.

Everyone will just need to exercise some patience. If people really want to get worked up, throw some attention to Sony support. They just updated the trophy levels, they could have also taken a look at the db access trophy cap.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Ragowit said:

Is the problem really at Sony's side? Even truetrophies is able to keep his profile up to date.

How so?

According to the problem description it’s caused at Sony’s end. 

If I read this correctly then he’s free to spam Sony’s server with update requests until they return a valid result. Which is in standard currently not happening due to the amount of games on his profile. Inconvenient for sure, but not really solvable at this end.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hBLOXs said:

How so?

If I read this correctly then he’s free to spam Sony’s server with update requests until they return a valid result. Which is in standard currently not happening due to the amount of games on his profile. Inconvenient for sure, but not really solvable at this end.

If he spams update requests then his IP will get blocked and then won't be able to request an update for an undetermined amount of time

6 minutes ago, hBLOXs said:

How so?

But ALL trophy tracking website have solved this issue but PSNP? Not to mention they all had the same issue at the same time?

And it's not like something can't be done - as it was done last time.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I see a lot of people demanding things but no one making suggestions of how to actually obtain the trophies reliably from Sony’s servers. 

Feel free to step up and provide solutions. 

Is it possible for Sly to over-ride and manually input the correct trophy numbers and levels? We wouldn't be able to see the actual trophies, but at least their leaderboard rank would be valid. 

Just now, Kittet3 said:

Is it possible for Sly to over-ride and manually input the correct trophy numbers and levels? We wouldn't be able to see the actual trophies, but at least their leaderboard rank would be valid. 

I don’t know. I’ve been working on API GET calls and data scraping since July so I was thinking of a more technical solution that I’ve been working on, but maybe he can just override the numbers to show. They’d probably get overwritten the next time the profile was updated though. I don’t know how the database is set up. 

29 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

I don’t know. I’ve been working on API GET calls and data scraping since July so I was thinking of a more technical solution that I’ve been working on, but maybe he can just override the numbers to show. They’d probably get overwritten the next time the profile was updated though. I don’t know how the database is set up. 

A plan b is if there is a way to set it so if the first pull fails, it falls back onto the less official way to pull trophy data that the other sites are using.

either way something has to be done, lol

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

I see a lot of people demanding things but no one making suggestions of how to actually obtain the trophies reliably from Sony’s servers. 

Feel free to step up and provide solutions. 

We also see a lot of suggestions made about other things and no one listening 

• Like 2