Run like the wind trophy

1 hour ago, AJ_Radio said:

Note what I said earlier. EVERY trophy. That includes Run Like the Wind, which is unobtainable legit. Every other online trophy can be boosted in a private free roam session. I heard that doing the Heists will put you in a Public Free Roam session once you finish but I can't confirm that.

Do a little research next time. Just a heads up.

You tell me to do "A little research next time", but throw shade on me when I asked you a legitimate question to begin all this BS. Nice. Cleggworth gave me more info than you did, with less attitude and stalking. 

1 hour ago, Cleggworth said:

Private sessions dumping you to public lobbies was a problem when I did it 18 months ago. Not just heists but anything could do it. 2 of the 4 in my boosting group got caught out by that, happens pretty instantly as well. No bounties un/fortunately depending on how you look at it but levels were boosted into the 1000s. What i thought was interesting was no level trophies popped so I guess those that say their trophies popped actually levelled again to trigger it. Submitting a ticket got them reset after a day or 2 but yeah, private sessions are not enough to keep you safe. You need luck as well

Grand Theft Auto V for a number of reasons isn't my favorite in the franchise. Wasn't a fan of Michael, found Franklin a bit too boring, Trevor is obviously.... crazy in the head. Getting 70 Gold Medals just sounds like a real chore, although I'm glad you can tackle each optional objective one at a time if you need to. The soundtrack as always was stellar, Rockstar really knows how to pick out the tunes.

I did Red Dead Redemption, obviously I can do Grand Theft Auto V. But I really hate hackers and modders. I've been permanent scarred by them from when I played online games in the past. The trophy in question (Run Like the Wind) really isn't that hard, it's very reminiscent of the Most Wanted trophy in Red Dead Redemption since both trophies have you practically doing the same thing. No idea why Rockstar removed it, which is sort of ironic because I played Red Dead back in late 2016 when the online on the PS3 version was rife with hackers and modders. They fixed that, yet leave GTA V behind, most likely because it's the PS3. Nobody cares about it anymore outside of a very select audience, which includes us trophy hunters.

Submitting a ticket is one thing, but what about trophies you got unfairly by hackers?

2 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Grand Theft Auto V for a number of reasons isn't my favorite in the franchise. Wasn't a fan of Michael, found Franklin a bit too boring, Trevor is obviously.... crazy in the head. Getting 70 Gold Medals just sounds like a real chore, although I'm glad you can tackle each optional objective one at a time if you need to. The soundtrack as always was stellar, Rockstar really knows how to pick out the tunes.

I did Red Dead Redemption, obviously I can do Grand Theft Auto V. But I really hate hackers and modders. I've been permanent scarred by them from when I played online games in the past. The trophy in question (Run Like the Wind) really isn't that hard, it's very reminiscent of the Most Wanted trophy in Red Dead Redemption since both trophies have you practically doing the same thing. No idea why Rockstar removed it, which is sort of ironic because I played Red Dead back in late 2016 when the online on the PS3 version was rife with hackers and modders. They fixed that, yet leave GTA V behind, most likely because it's the PS3. Nobody cares about it anymore outside of a very select audience, which includes us trophy hunters.

Submitting a ticket is one thing, but what about trophies you got unfairly by hackers?

Hi, my fair opinion... you cannot be guilty if a broken online system gets you several trophies... thing is.. if everything is broken up, why don't they leave everything up and move on to another most-protected game? In my case, I am not even complaining about Run Like The Wind, but about modders that simply disabled my account for no reason and Rockstar being unable to even give me a concrete answer on what to do and take so long to act on it...

And I have other trophies left to do but because of some suckers I am not able to get anything close to 100%. And Rockstar does not answer me at all after promising me to help me on my ID.

9 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

You tell me to do "A little research next time", but throw shade on me when I asked you a legitimate question to begin all this BS. Nice. Cleggworth gave me more info than you did, with less attitude and stalking. 

I made a perfectly fine response in regards to Run Like the Wind being unobtainable due to the bounty system gone. You came in, quoted the post I made and asked an aggressive question. 

I responded to you with the same respect. 

You already said you don’t care about online trophies, so just drop this little conversation because it’s getting us nowhere. 

5 hours ago, renatosb said:

Hi, my fair opinion... you cannot be guilty if a broken online system gets you several trophies... thing is.. if everything is broken up, why don't they leave everything up and move on to another most-protected game? In my case, I am not even complaining about Run Like The Wind, but about modders that simply disabled my account for no reason and Rockstar being unable to even give me a concrete answer on what to do and take so long to act on it...

And I have other trophies left to do but because of some suckers I am not able to get anything close to 100%. And Rockstar does not answer me at all after promising me to help me on my ID.

That’s a good enough reason for me to skip these online trophies.

30 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I made a perfectly fine response in regards to Run Like the Wind being unobtainable due to the bounty system gone. You came in, quoted the post I made and asked an aggressive question. 

You already said you don’t care about online trophies, so just drop this little conversation because it’s getting us nowhere. 

You're  better off going to plat the ps4 version. 

Unless you had  a bounty before 2015,  and claimed it later, it's  impossible to get, legally speaking the trophy.

Not only that, some also hack you to unlock all trophies  so that you get fucked up on trophy  hunting sites, which is a problem, as GTA5 has a very lenghty online, I did it on the ps4, but I'm refraining from touching the ps3 version as  the possibility  to find those guys during the platinum medals collection (very grindy) is very high.

If you really want the trophies, though, I suggest you to find a boosting  partner, a trustable one, as this is going to be a very long ride.

30 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

It was a genuine question. I haven't played the PS3 version in years, so I was literally unaware that it behaved differently than the other versions. I have no idea where you got "aggressive" from or why you got so defensive, but maybe you are a little more sensitive than most....I'll be sure to be super overly polite and careful not to offend you from now on. But hey, you responded with the "same respect" by not answering the (honest) question and stalking my profile in an attempt to invalidate my input. Two wrongs make a right, even if it's only a perceived wrong...right?

9 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Unless you had  a bounty before 2015,  and claimed it later, it's  impossible to get, legally speaking the trophy.

Not only that, some also hack you to unlock all trophies  so that you get fucked up on trophy  hunting sites, which is a problem, as GTA5 has a very lenghty online, I did it on the ps4, but I'm refraining from touching the ps3 version as  the possibility  to find those guys during the platinum medals collection (very grindy) is very high.

If you really want the trophies, though, I suggest you to find a boosting  partner, a trustable one, as this is going to be a very long ride.

To be honest some of the CRT members made it clear that they weren't going to flag anymore for RLTW, after all the trophy only unlocks upon completing the requirement for it (surviving around 48 minutes with the bounty) and not by autopop.

Nevertheless I'm really scared as hell at joining a public online game and getting to ridiculously high ranks in a matter of seconds (thus getting rank trophies at the same time) or other shit that can ruin my experience on GTA online, after all that's what most hackers/modders do in public games and GTA V is simply unplayable and unenjoyable online.

The solution would be to get all other trophies before and leaving RLTW as last trophy, still playing (the online part of) GTA V in private lobbies is so boring lol

19 minutes ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

It’s roughly 50 - 100 hours to do the online from what I was told. I already crossed off the PS3 version, will just play the single player and move on to the PS4 version. 

Thing is these were games that I played before I cared about trophies. 

15 minutes ago, Floorkiller74 said:

It was a genuine question. I haven't played the PS3 version in years, so I was literally unaware that it behaved differently than the other versions. I have no idea where you got "aggressive" from or why you got so defensive, but maybe you are a little more sensitive than most....I'll be sure to be super overly polite and careful not to offend you from now on. But hey, you responded with the "same respect" by not answering the (honest) question and stalking my profile in an attempt to invalidate my input. Two wrongs make a right, even if it's only a perceived wrong...right?

GTA V on the PS3 on my list dates back to 2013. Lost interest in the game and moved on to other things. 

I’m sorry but you were being overly sensitive as well. Despite what my online persona reveals I’m not so easily offended and upset as many other people are. 

Nothing more to say on this. Just agree to disagree.

5 minutes ago, Agent_Renegade22 said:

To be honest some of the CRT members made it clear that they weren't going to flag anymore for RLTW, after all the trophy only unlocks upon completing the requirement for it (surviving around 48 minutes with the bounty) and not by autopop.

Nevertheless I'm really scared as hell at joining a public online game and getting to ridiculously high ranks in a matter of seconds (thus getting rank trophies at the same time) or other shit that can ruin my experience on GTA online, after all that's what most hackers/modders do in public games and GTA V is simply unplayable and unenjoyable online.

The solution would be to get all other trophies before and leaving RLTW as last trophy, still playing (the online part of) GTA V in private lobbies is so boring lol

Yeah, I hear you, if you're  going for the plat, you'll  definitely  hate the game.

I also remembered that ps3 GTAV has less activities than the ps4 version, so you can't  be picky with the platinum medals.

4 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

It’s roughly 50 - 100 hours to do the online from what I was told. I already crossed off the PS3 version, will just play the single player and move on to the PS4 version. 

Thing is these were games that I played before I cared about trophies. 

GTA V on the PS3 on my list dates back to 2013. Lost interest in the game and moved on to other things. 

I’m sorry but you were being overly sensitive as well. Despite what my online persona reveals I’m not so easily offended and upset as many other people are. 

Nothing more to say on this. Just agree to disagree.

It's  unfortunate,  still, you could try your hand at the online at the very end, after you don't need save files from ganes you've finished, in case an hacker  fucks up your trophy you can delete the account and then create a new one to try again.

9 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Yeah, I hear you, if you're  going for the plat, you'll  definitely  hate the game.

I also remembered that ps3 GTAV has less activities than the ps4 version, so you can't  be picky with the platinum medals.

Yeah I reckon it will be a very long, long grind but I'm not even sure if I want to go for it. I've become quite lazy recently and I'm already slacking off hard on Max Payne 3 (been at level 30/50 for 3 months now) and other few games, not mentioning the fact I've bought the PS4 pretty late so I just want to play more recent games like GoW, Horizon and TLoU...

Probably if Rockstar shutdowns the servers for the PS3 version they would do me a favour lol, but until then I won't give up, maybe.

• Like 1

Can't you make a private lobby anymore? i'm pretty sure both ps3 and ps4 versions had it when i played, just load into the singleplayer first, from there you have all the options, like an invite only multiplayer lobby, unless they fucked this up too.

That's the only one left for me to plat this game. It's sad to have a huge grind, knowing that 'Run Like The Wind' is blocked by Rockstar, and see some people still getting this trophy. Also, to play online this PS3 version is a huge challenge because you need to keep running away from modders trying to screw us.

• 1 month later...
Just now, Yami_no_Seitaro said:

Who do you mean by 'leaderboard'? Moderators, or players? Because if that's the latter, then it sounds to me like they are dicks, that don't want others to obtain this trophy

Welcome to PSN Profiles. It's a site about gaming, mainly around Playstation games, but others as well. Many, many people come here for the Leaderboard.

The Leaderboard has rules found here: 

And here are the rules for the forums: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/17792-siteforum-rules-jan-6-2016/

Thanks for being a part of the community and taking the time to learn about the site.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Welcome to PSN Profiles. It's a site about gaming, mainly around Playstation games, but others as well. Many, many people come here for the Leaderboard.

The Leaderboard has rules found here: 

And here are the rules for the forums: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/17792-siteforum-rules-jan-6-2016/

Thanks for being a part of the community and taking the time to learn about the site.

Neither of this links explains anything about this specific scenario of modders affecting other players. Specifically I don't see a reason to post the forum rules link here

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Yami_no_Seitaro said:

Neither of this links explains anything about this specific scenario of modders affecting other players. Specifically I don't see a reason to post the forum rules link here

Modded trophies are flaggable regardless of the person themselves doing it, or another doing it to the player.

It's in the first line about CFW use

Using CFW (Custom Firmware). This includes, but isn’t limited to:

• Installation of CFW on your PlayStation system, resulting in trophies being earned or edited.
  • Modification of the PlayStation operating system, resulting in trophies being earned or edited.
  • Installation of homebrew and/or unauthorized software on your PlayStation, resulting in trophies being earned or edited.
  • Playing in multiplayer games with hacked lobbies, resulting in trophies being earned.

7 minutes ago, Yami_no_Seitaro said:

From the thread linked:

Flaggable Offenses

Using CFW (Custom Firmware). This includes, but isn’t limited to:

• Playing in multiplayer games with hacked lobbies, resulting in trophies being earned.

Benefitting from someone who has modded/hacked an online lobby which allows you to unlock a trophy which is otherwise unobtainable is a flaggable offense in regards to this site's leaderboard.

3 minutes ago, Yami_no_Seitaro said:

And how exactly moderation staff determines whether a trophy from such lobby was obtained intentionally or non-intentionally? Cause clearly punishing people, that weren't of this situation would be unjust, and would make moderation team a laughing stock

It makes no difference if the trophy is achieved intentionally or non-intentionally. It's achieved illegitimately.

Whether the enforcement of the rule we have devised regarding this situation makes us a laughing stock, then that is your opinion.

11 minutes ago, Stevieboy said:

It makes no difference if the trophy is achieved intentionally or non-intentionally. It's achieved illegitimately.

Whether the enforcement of the rule we have devised regarding this situation makes us a laughing stock, then that is your opinion.

And what? If someone receives just one flag, then that's it? No opportunity to appeal to return to the leaderboard? You just close your eyes and shut your ears to anything that person wants to say?

• Like 1