Run like the wind trophy

32 minutes ago, Jack-Of-Blade_34 said:

how to create a logicel server, by hack PC? moddeur just CFW but how to create CFW, by hack PC?

by elsewhere, I mean for example

when i buy ps3 and gta 5 game, i run this game online. I joined a published session just I received a bounty, level up etc but I didn't know how natural to play later I will start a trophy hunt just I will be a flag but I did not know the rules... i am not hack, my ps3 have not CFW...

I dunno man. I dont make the rules. But whoever did is cherry picking them. Its like you said, using pc software to get a trophy or circumvent something to gain access to a games online mode which was shutdown is still using a software/program that was modified which goes under the definition of modder. So yeah. ?‍♂️

If youre going to make a rule, dont contradict your own rules and then say one thing is okay and the other isnt when theyre literally the same thing.

Edited by UlvenFenrir
  • Like 1

On 17/06/2021 at 7:29 PM, Stevieboy said:

This point has been debated many a time on this site, and both sides have a good argument. However, it has been decided that as far as the leaderboard rules go on this site, using a modder to place a bounty on a players head (intentional or otherwise) is deemed as breaking the rules and is flaggable. You are completely entitled to disagree with that stance, but at the end of the day the decision isn't yours to make.

On 16/06/2021 at 7:45 PM, DaivRules said:

They're slowly all getting flagged, but they're not a high priority. Eventually they all will be but there are a limited number of Cheater Removers and a lot of reports to review and approve.

It's just sad that the hackers broke the online experience and the rockstar decision just benefits the company and the hackers. In the end, we cannot even use the bounty by those modders.

It's a bit unfair, IMHO. I really don't think this trophy (and just this one) should be flaggable. Yeah, I know it's not my decision, but it would be good if someone listens to the community (rockstar to release bounty system, or psnprofiles admins to unflag this trophy) :) 

• Like 2

I totally understand the CRT’s unwillingness to create a precedent by allowing this one, since that will open the floodgates for “Well, you allowed Run Like the Wind, so why not this as they’re similar?”

However, if there’s one trophy on PSN which should be put on a theoretical ‘whitelist’ then it should be this one.

A tough one either way and I’m glad I don’t have to make the decision!

So, I’ve just loaded the game up for the first time since 2013... I let single player load first, so that I could launch an invite only solo session, specifically to avoid hackers. The only online trophy I have earned on this was the intro to multiplayer, I can’t remember exactly what level I was...maybe 3-7? definitely below the 25 for the first rank trophy. My level is now showing as 4464... the rank trophies didn’t auto pop either, which means they’re currently not attainable to me. I’ve contacted rockstar support to ask them to reset my character, if that doesn’t work does anyone know how to fix this?? I also have a £200mil bounty on my head...

I have no idea how this has happened as I’ve not been on the game for several years, nor did I join a public lobby, that I can tell. I double checked the map and I’m the only person in the session. This is crazy! 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Shinoda_2qx said:

So, I’ve just loaded the game up for the first time since 2013... I let single player load first, so that I could launch an invite only solo session, specifically to avoid hackers. The only online trophy I have earned on this was the intro to multiplayer, I can’t remember exactly what level I was...maybe 3-7? definitely below the 25 for the first rank trophy. My level is now showing as 4464... the rank trophies didn’t auto pop either, which means they’re currently not attainable to me. I’ve contacted rockstar support to ask them to reset my character, if that doesn’t work does anyone know how to fix this?? I also have a £200mil bounty on my head...

I have no idea how this has happened as I’ve not been on the game for several years, nor did I join a public lobby, that I can tell. I double checked the map and I’m the only person in the session. This is crazy! 

Try erasing that character from the profile and create a new one, starting from scratch. If after the introductory missions, you're at level 3-4, then you "should" be fine. Just keep playing the game and earning xp until you reach level 25, hoping for the trophy to pop.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Wip3r_U said:

Try erasing that character from the profile and create a new one, starting from scratch. If after the introductory missions, you're at level 3-4, then you "should" be fine. Just keep playing the game and earning xp until you reach level 25, hoping for the trophy to pop.

Thanks, I closed the game and turned off the console for now. I’ll wait for the response from Rockstar and then try your method if they can’t reset the character. 

8 hours ago, Shinoda_2qx said:

This happened to my friend, fwiw. We were careful to stay out of public lobbies but sometimes you get thrown back into one, and it happened to him there. Can’t remember how long it took (maybe a few days) but Rockstar reset their levels back to what they were before. This was in late 2019 so not that long ago, so hopefully they’ll sort it out for you. 

10 hours ago, Shinoda_2qx said:

So, I’ve just loaded the game up for the first time since 2013... […] I also have a £200mil bounty on my head...

Congrats, seems like you’re one of a few people in the world who can still legitimately earn the trophy Run Like The Wind -- as this bounty was very much likely put on your online character back in 2013 (before the feature was officially disabled by R*). So if I were you, I would go into invite or friends only lobby, spend 48 min and get that RLTW trophy without hesitation and totally in compliance with PSNP rules.

5 hours ago, Se7en said:

Congrats, seems like you’re one of a few people in the world who can still legitimately earn the trophy Run Like The Wind -- as this bounty was very much likely put on your online character back in 2013 (before the feature was officially disabled by R*). So if I were you, I would go into invite or friends only lobby, spend 48 min and get that RLTW trophy without hesitation and totally in compliance with PSNP rules.

I think he meant the bounty was put on his character at the same time his ranks started going up, not that the bounty was put 8 years ago.

11 hours ago, Se7en said:

That is almost certainly not true. You'd still be flagged for cheating as the only way to obtain it is via cheating. A 200mil bounty is obviously not legit. 

11 hours ago, Se7en said:

If they have a 200 million bounty on their head, a hacker placed it on their character, not a normal player or npc

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

If they have a 200 million bounty on their head, a hacker placed it on their character, not a normal player or npc

It doesn’t matter. Lots of players in 2013-2017 got their bounties placed by hackers, not npc or normal players. Nobody cared then, because the feature was officially supported by R*. So, if it’s the old bounty from 2013-2017, player is eligible for earning the trophy.

7 hours ago, Wip3r_U said:

I think he meant the bounty was put on his character at the same time his ranks started going up, not that the bounty was put 8 years ago.

He did say nothing about ranks growing up though, don’t put your words in his mouth. What was said he “let single player load first, so that I could launch an invite only solo session, specifically to avoid hackers. […] My level is now showing as 4464... the rank trophies didn’t auto pop either”.

If you’re familiar with the game, you should know that in invite only session there is nobody waiting to insta change your rank. What he saw was already the result of someone upped his rank who knows when. And as the person doesn’t have any GTAO trophies since 2013, I believe it happened around that time, not just today. And rank trophies not auto-popping also supports this claim.

Edited by Se7en

1 hour ago, Se7en said:

It doesn’t matter. Lots of players in 2013-2017 got their bounties placed by hackers, not npc or normal players. Nobody cared then, because the feature was officially supported by R*. So, if it’s the old bounty from 2013-2017, player is eligible for earning the trophy.

He did say nothing about ranks growing up though, don’t put your words in his mouth. What was said he “let single player load first, so that I could launch an invite only solo session, specifically to avoid hackers. […] My level is now showing as 4464... the rank trophies didn’t auto pop either”.

If you’re familiar with the game, you should know that in invite only session there is nobody waiting to insta change your rank. What he saw was already the result of someone upped his rank who knows when. And as the person doesn’t have any GTAO trophies since 2013, I believe it happened around that time, not just today. And rank trophies not auto-popping also supports this claim.

That's why I start my post with "I think he meant (...)", not "He meant (...)", because the same thing happened to me and I erased my profile, so my guess is not a statement. "I think" is what makes the difference.

30 minutes ago, Wip3r_U said:

That's why I start my post with "I think he meant (...)", not "He meant (...)", because the same thing happened to me and I erased my profile, so my guess is not a statement. "I think" is what makes the difference.

I get that you were guessing about the time bounty was placed. My argument is not with part “I think he meant the bounty was put on his character at the same time”, but with following statement “his ranks started going up”. Because he didn’t explicitly say they started, “level is now showing as 4464” ≠ “ranks started going up [to 4464]”.

15 hours ago, Se7en said:

There is no way for him to prove when the bounty was put on his head.  He's going to have a tough time getting anyone to believe that someone legitimately put a $200,000,000 bounty on him back in 2013.  Heck, even if he is one of the players who had a bounty put on him X years ago, I doubt he'd be able to get anyone to believe it.  Most people would just assume it isn't legit whether or not it actually is.  

(stories like this are just one of the many, many, many reasons the GTA trophies should simply be whitelisted.  No need to worry about the validity of stories like this and trying to figure out who is and isn't telling the truth.)

Edited by The-Man-In-Black

8 hours ago, The-Man-In-Black said:

He's going to have a tough time getting anyone to believe that someone legitimately put a $200,000,000 bounty on him back in 2013.

2 hours ago, JunkSkelington said:

The max bounty you can place is 10k, so hundreds of millions is obviously hacked. 

Once again, the amount of bounty means nothing, the date it was supposedly placed on does. Like I said, lots of players in the past got bounties placed by hackers, including some with ridiculously huge amounts of money. Hackers activity in GTAO on old consoles is almost common knowledge. Did PSNP scrutinize in the past every RLTW achiever on PS3 from 2013-2017 period, so that ~360K people have to make everybody here to believe their bounties were placed legitimately and didn’t exceed 10 grand? Nope. Because from the perspective of unlocking RLTW it didn’t matter, who and how much money placed. Didn’t matter then, shouldn’t matter now. Till 2017 bounty system worked and that was enough.

8 hours ago, The-Man-In-Black said:

Heck, even if he is one of the players who had a bounty put on him X years ago, I doubt he'd be able to get anyone to believe it.  Most people would just assume it isn't legit whether or not it actually is.

Thankfully, he doesn’t have to convince most people or anyone random. Only the local Cheater Removal Team. There is the cut-off date for bounty feature on PS3, which is believed to be April 11, 2017. As members of Cheater Removal Team discussed in the past, if GTAO was started after that (determined by the introduction trophy timestamp), there is no way RLTW was achieved without hacking involved. But in case the game was started before that, it is technically possible to return to the game and unlock RLTW legitimately to this day, if there was unresolved bounty placed on online character before April 2017 (and evidently no other GTA Online trophies were earned in the meantime).

Edited by Se7en

10 hours ago, Se7en said:

Once again, the amount of bounty means nothing, the date it was supposedly placed on does. Like I said, lots of players in the past got bounties placed by hackers, including some with ridiculously huge amounts of money. Hackers activity in GTAO on old consoles is almost common knowledge. Did PSNP scrutinize in the past every RLTW achiever on PS3 from 2013-2017 period, so that ~360K people have to make everybody here to believe their bounties were placed legitimately and didn’t exceed 10 grand? Nope. Because from the perspective of unlocking RLTW it didn’t matter, who and how much money placed. Didn’t matter then, shouldn’t matter now. Till 2017 bounty system worked and that was enough.

I don't know why you're arguing with me, because I think we're arguing from the same side here.  

That said, a $200,000,000 bounty could only be given by a hacker, whether or not that was in 2013, 2017, or yesterday.  Everybody knows this.  The only question is whether or not the affected player should be punished for the actions of others.   In all the various threads discussing this and similar trophies in this and other games, everybody says that the CRT takes a "guilty until proven innocent" approach and punishes the player regardless.  

10 hours ago, Se7en said:

Thankfully, he doesn’t have to convince most people or anyone random. Only the local Cheater Removal Team. There is the cut-off date for bounty feature on PS3, which is believed to be April 11, 2017. As members of Cheater Removal Team discussed in the past, if GTAO was started after that (determined by the introduction trophy timestamp), there is no way RLTW was achieved without hacking involved. But in case the game was started before that, it is technically possible to return to the game and unlock RLTW legitimately to this day, if there was unresolved bounty placed on online character before April 2017 (and evidently no other GTA Online trophies were earned in the meantime).

See above.  My understanding is that RLTW is a low priority for them, but their position is that any RLTW earned after 4/11/17 is considered illegitimate by default, and players are treated accordingly.  His position -- that a hacker placed a $200m bounty on his head nearly 10 years ago -- is one of admitting that a hacker was involved, even though he had nothing to do with it.   Every thread on the subject says that the CRT is going to treat him as guilty because of the hacker involvement.  

And again, I think we're arguing from the same side.  I think.  I could be wrong here.  But RLTW is a textbook example of a trophy that should be whitelisted, as there are players who to this day can earn the trophy legitimately, and there are tons more that can earn the trophy semi-legitimately, in that they took no active involvement in cheating, modding, or seeking out a hacker and other than that, fulfilled the requirements of the trophy.   The same should go for any other trophy that a player could have unlocked by a modder through no fault of their own through the course of otherwise-legitimate, normal play.  Will this result in a handful of cheaters "getting away with it"?  Yup.  But 99.99% of all of them are still going to get caught because actual cheaters typically don't stop at one or two trophies with known exploits.  The overwhelming majority are going to have other completely illegitimate trophies unlocked, likely across multiple games and will (and should) be treated accordingly.

Interesting to see everyone arguing on my behalf! I just want to point out that I never said anything about the trophy unlocking. My issue was that trophies were not unlocking. To my knowledge, I played the game once in 2013, and I turned it off after a guy chased me down and killed me twice. I went back to single player to mop up the trophies there, until the under the bridge challenge trophy glitched out on me and I shelved the game in anger. I haven’t picked it up again until this week, and having took precautions to ensure I joined in a solo lobby, my rank was 4464. This was obviously due to some form of hack, but I haven’t encountered anyone on that game in 8 years. I did take a short video of the session immediately after I realised what was happening for my own piece of mind. Having contacted Rockstar, they asked me to confirm I was in control of the email associated with my rockstar id, and they have emailed back this morning to say they have “made some adjustments” to my character. I’ve not had chance to log in and see just yet, but I’m hopeful they’ve reset my character so I can continue trying to earn the trophies available to me. 

If you check back my previous posts in this thread, and the other RLTW thread, you’ll see I’ve encouraged people to reach out to Rockstar and request them to either bring back bounties or adjust the trophy requirements. I stand by this, I think given that they have an end date on the servers now, they have nothing to lose by reinstating bounties. I doubt they’ll be many more shark card purchases on PS3 at this point. 

28 minutes ago, Shinoda_2qx said:

If you check back my previous posts in this thread, and the other RLTW thread, you’ll see I’ve encouraged people to reach out to Rockstar and request them to either bring back bounties or adjust the trophy requirements.

The cut off date for PS3 and Vita patches is sometime tomorrow, thus Rockstar won't be changing the requirements for this or any other trophy in the PS3 version of GTA 5 and it's most likely impossible to fix without a physical patch.

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

The cut off date for PS3 and Vita patches is sometime tomorrow, thus Rockstar won't be changing the requirements for this or any other trophy in the PS3 version of GTA 5 and it's most likely impossible to fix without a physical patch.

I agree it is impossible to change trophy requirements without releasing title update. But I think the bounty system itself was disabled by R* server side, as there weren’t any updates for GTA V on PS3 and X360 in 2017. The last title update for past past gen version known to me was released on December 9, 2016

https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/236090688/GTAV-Title-Update-1-36-PS3-Only

4 hours ago, The-Man-In-Black said:

That said, a $200,000,000 bounty could only be given by a hacker, whether or not that was in 2013, 2017, or yesterday.

While generally I agree with you that RLTW achievers shouldn’t be punished by PSNP staff in any way, as players actually and legitimately fulfill trophy requirements to stay alive in online game for 48 min, I think that in case of $200 mil bounty (even though it was placed by hacker) only the date matters. Because I bet there were thousands of such hacker-placed bounties created in 2013-2017 when the feature wasn’t shut down by R* officially. And I know of nobody, literally not a single case, where RLTW achiever from 2013-2017 was investigated and flagged by CRT for the reasons of multi-million bounty being placed by hackers.

Edited by Se7en

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Yami_no_Seitaro said:

How did you come to the conclusion that it's fake?

A Google search for GTA Boss Bounty brings up no results other than this one video. That’s a pretty big red flag for something that was apparently uncovered 3 years ago