Having problems with "I regrow nothing!"

Alright I have tired every method and tips that I have read on the internet while not re-growing any spooce at all.

• Beat the game on a bad playthrough. No trophy pop-up.
  • Beat the game on a good playthrough without saving in one go. Only with the Auto-Save. No trophy pop-up.
  • Beat the game on a good playthrough with only manual save & load. No Quick save & load at all.  No trophy pop-up.
  • I've deleted everything save files and beaten the game again, on a good playthrough. No trophy pop-up.
  • I've deleted everything save files, than backing up all of my save data on my on USB drive. Than beaten the game again. Still nothing. No trophy pop-up!

:angry:  I am out ideas, and I'm just tired of this game all together after 12 tries! Is there any other way to un-glitch that trophy?  :spank:  

This trophy is annoying as hell. I accidentally regrow a spooce on my first playthrough and of course, couldn't unlock the trophy, so what I did was delete my game/save data and started on a new playthrough and voila, ding! Trophy! 

I think you're just unlucky huh  :unsure:

Maybe you should wait for a patch? Last time I checked (July IIRC) the game devs are working on it.

This trophy is annoying as hell. I accidentally regrow a spooce on my first playthrough and of course, couldn't unlock the trophy, so what I did was delete my game/save data and started on a new playthrough and voila, ding! Trophy! 

I think you're just unlucky huh  :unsure:

Maybe you should wait for a patch? Last time I checked (July IIRC) the game devs are working on it.

Maybe I am unlucky.  :|  I even did the chanting around the spooce while it was still grown and un-touch.

Shut up Shut up Shut up-I am working on this game now (should beat it tonight and I don't want to be jinx :(. I will let you know if it unlocks for me

I'm not trying jinx you. This has happen to me and 12,912+ other players have also had very same problem. Only 200 people have platinum this game. Throughout that there are those who also say that trophy is glitch. I promise you I am trying jinx you. For it is fact and nothing more.  -_-

Hey, don't give up! When you start a new playthrough, is your play time still the same? This may be a factor. Try clearing all game/save data and start fresh (with a play time of 0:00). This isn't guaranteed to work, but there's a chance this might help you in your quest. Best of luck to you guys!

Well it didn't unlock for me either :(.

I am going to mop up the misc trophies and do my evil playthrough and then try again...sigh

Hey, don't give up! When you start a new playthrough, is your play time still the same? This may be a factor. Try clearing all game/save data and start fresh (with a play time of 0:00). This isn't guaranteed to work, but there's a chance this might help you in your quest. Best of luck to you guys!

I'm not giving it just taking a break but after some time to think. I believe I know where the "Glitch" lies without us even knowing it, but it more of theory than a fact.

I believe it lies within Stage 16: Dead River. Right after you bring the river back to life, the dead spooce come back to life. That's the time you do not need to TOUCH any of them at all. Because they chanted right back to life MEANING.... like Abe's they regrow them as well. In mind I believe another stage and stage 16 that have the same affect. Right now I am going see if my theory works. 

I'm not giving it just taking a break but after some time to think. I believe I know where the "Glitch" lies without us even knowing it, but it more of theory than a fact.

I believe it lies within Stage 16: Dead River. Right after you bring the river back to life, the dead spooce come back to life. That's the time you do not need to TOUCH any of them at all. Because they chanted right back to life MEANING.... like Abe's they regrow them as well. In mind I believe another stage and stage 16 that have the same affect. Right now I am going see if my theory works. 

What I am going to try is not reloading saves or writing over saves. I have heard if you reload a save then it counts as a new game (counter resets to 0) so the game thinks you aren't playing the whole game. So keep an eye out for that as well

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am honestly not sure of a solution- but I think I may have gotten lucky. What I did is at the start of every level I created a normal save. I managed to go through the whole game up until mid point where I accidentally created a spooce. I just loaded the normal save and went from there, I didn't create one for the rest of the game and managed to still get the trophy. It also was on the Angelic Quarma runthrough. It's believed that because you don't play all the levels on the Demonic Quarma run that it won't count it. *shrugs* I would just suggest not using quick saves much. I'm not sure why it glitches for people who have gone through the game perfectly.

On other forums people suggested using a save modifier program.... It's cheating, but if it''s a last resort I would leave the decision to you.

I am honestly not sure of a solution- but I think I may have gotten lucky. What I did is at the start of every level I created a normal save. I managed to go through the whole game up until mid point where I accidentally created a spooce. I just loaded the normal save and went from there, I didn't create one for the rest of the game and managed to still get the trophy. It also was on the Angelic Quarma runthrough. It's believed that because you don't play all the levels on the Demonic Quarma run that it won't count it. *shrugs* I would just suggest not using quick saves much. I'm not sure why it glitches for people who have gone through the game perfectly.

On other forums people suggested using a save modifier program.... It's cheating, but if it''s a last resort I would leave the decision to you.

What kind save modifier program?

I was going to link you to the post that had the info- but sadly it looks like it is gone. I'm sure the post was deleted because it is cheating, they had the save posted as well... It was originally on the ps3trophies.org site.

It is cheating, which is why the forum post and the comment under the trophy description were both deleted. The developers are working on a patch, it's just a long waiting game. I hope it comes soon though. I could do with updating my guide over there and earning the platinum myself!

I believe I also had this trophy glitched on me because I got the full quarma to 100% & got hopping mad but no I regrow nothing. I'm sure I didn't regrow anything at all but I did die and continued there without reloading my save so maybe that is a possibility.

• 3 weeks later...

A parte de seguir las anteriores recomendaciones como borrar los datos para una nueva partida en el juego y fijarnos en no hacer recrecer estos hongos (SpooceShrubs) al tratar de manipular a un enemigo, prueben lo siguiente a ver si les sirve a mi me sirvió:

cuando estén en el inicio del juego que hay una puerta y un hongo verde, tomen el hongo y lo hacen recrecer solo dos veces ya que con esos serian 3 y cruzando la puerta hay 47 serian 50 en total que nos pide la otra puerta para ir al siguiente nivel, otra nota importante es que ojala este se el ultimo trofeo que tengan que desbloquear para el platino para que los otros trofeos no interfieran por el glitch que tiene y claro pasar el juego con buen quarma en bad quarma no sale.

post-75255-0-92307600-1387052268_thumb.jpg

post-75255-0-75410500-1387052295_thumb.jpg

post-75255-0-11488600-1387052331_thumb.jpg

post-75255-0-43487000-1387052347_thumb.jpg

Edited by BOW-T103

A parte de seguir las anteriores recomendaciones como borrar los datos para una nueva partida en el juego y fijarnos en no hacer recrecer estos hongos (SpooceShrubs) al tratar de manipular a un enemigo, prueben lo siguiente a ver si les sirve a mi me sirvió:

cuando estén en el inicio del juego que hay una puerta y un hongo verde, tomen el hongo y lo hacen recrecer solo dos veces ya que con esos serian 3 y cruzando la puerta hay 47 serian 50 en total que nos pide la otra puerta para ir al siguiente nivel, otra nota importante es que ojala este se el ultimo trofeo que tengan que desbloquear para el platino para que los otros trofeos no interfieran por el glitch que tiene y claro pasar el juego con buen quarma en bad quarma no sale.

Translation for those who can't read Spanish:

Besides following the above recommendations as deleting data for a new game play and look at not to regrow these fungi (SpooceShrubs) trying to manipulate an enemy, try the following to see if they serve me, it helped me:

When in the beginning of the game there is a fungus and a green door, take the mushroom and do regrow only twice since with these would be 3 and 47 through the door there would be 50 of us asking the other door to go to the next level, another important note is that hopefully this is the last trophy you have to unlock for platinum for the other trophies glitch not interfere by having clear and pass the game with good quarma in bad quarma not miss.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi guys with patch 1.01 out from the February 18th 2014 hopefully you all can plat the game now. I just plated my game. It took me for ever but I actually might have figured out a way to get I regrow nothing if you haven't. I played a good playthrough with the patch installed ( this was my 4th playthrough) the trophy didn't pop. So I thought maybe the pre patch version of the game would allow me to get the trophy with patched 4th playthrough. So I deleted the game and config data ( I still had 4-5 saved games) and reinstalled the game but not the patch. I played my 4th playthrough from my last saved game which was just before meeting munch in vykers suites. I beat the game (ran to the end of the hallway, bout 10 seconds) and the auction scene/newspaper came up (did angelic) and trophy popped up. Really glad because I love the game. I tried everything to get this. Hopefully this might work for anyone else.

I also did regrew spooce on purpose in my other saved games just because I didn't get the trophy and I was messing about so I knew it wasn't that and also I possessed a lot of sligs as well in the 4th playthrough so it can't be that either. I think the pre patched game has the bugs but I completed my 3rd playthrough with the patch and nothing popped. So maybe a saved game with the patch influence fixes the bugs when playing the pre patched game.

Edited by callumj4
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...
On 25/2/2014 at 11:31 AM, callumj4 said:

Hi guys with patch 1.01 out from the February 18th 2014 hopefully you all can plat the game now. I just plated my game. It took me for ever but I actually might have figured out a way to get I regrow nothing if you haven't. I played a good playthrough with the patch installed ( this was my 4th playthrough) the trophy didn't pop. So I thought maybe the pre patch version of the game would allow me to get the trophy with patched 4th playthrough. So I deleted the game and config data ( I still had 4-5 saved games) and reinstalled the game but not the patch. I played my 4th playthrough from my last saved game which was just before meeting munch in vykers suites. I beat the game (ran to the end of the hallway, bout 10 seconds) and the auction scene/newspaper came up (did angelic) and trophy popped up. Really glad because I love the game. I tried everything to get this. Hopefully this might work for anyone else.

I also did regrew spooce on purpose in my other saved games just because I didn't get the trophy and I was messing about so I knew it wasn't that and also I possessed a lot of sligs as well in the 4th playthrough so it can't be that either. I think the pre patched game has the bugs but I completed my 3rd playthrough with the patch and nothing popped. So maybe a saved game with the patch influence fixes the bugs when playing the pre patched game.

I know this was 3 years ago but thanks man. I already got the trophy using your strategy :):)

Thank you so much