It's 2020, where is Dark Mode for this site?

17 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

*A site that besides using ads, have also an option to support it by buying Premium that basically gives you nothing useful. K.

It gives you trophy cabinet of 10 trophies that u like. Yay!

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

*A site that besides using ads, have also an option to support it by buying Premium that basically gives you nothing useful. K.

The price is equivalent of buying 4-5 takeaway coffees. I don't drink coffee so it's an easy choice for me. If you don't support the page, don't complain about it.

Be grateful

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, TurtlePM said:

In both, the implementation was approved by members.

That would be one interpretation. 

Isn’t this also 2020, where there is an app or plug in that will allow anyone to customize any site they want for Dark Mode so no one has to wait for it to be added? The people that I know that use Dark Mode have all sorts of tools to give everything dark mode. I can’t use it, it’s a headache/migraine trigger for me. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HaserPL said:

I bought lifetime premium pretty much the day I claimed my account so I have no idea how obtrusive the ads are.

A site like this is a digital Forth bridge in terms of maintenance, on top of that, staff have to deal with the whims and follies of trophy hunters. Literally the most degenerate and out of touch group of people since weebs and furries (and I'm sure the Venn diagram for the three of those is almost a circle, but that's a different topic). 

I can't remember how much lifetime premium is but it was less than £20, ie; the price of a used game. I don't even see how that helps the site owner(s), seems like a token gesture to me, but they more than deserve it just for dealing with all the stupidity and ignorance I see in the forums on a daily basis. 

Very few peopleon here know how much work goes into running a site like this and unless you do, you're not in a position to decide what is "lazy" or what is "easy" to implement. 

• Like 3

Should make dark mode for Premium only. Might be worth getting it. Another thing is I don't like paying iwth PayPal and stuff and I'm in Europe where only bank transfers are common. Would have bought Premium a long time back if there are other methods to pay.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Juzota said:

This is literally the worst idea I've heard today. Looks like I had enough internet for today. Bye.

Lol :'). There aren't really any benefits for buying Premium atm. They have to make it a lil bit fancier. I equal removing ads and dark theme.

Edited by Dylan-Mehl

Yet another reason why I mostly use True Trophies now, as they have a native dark mode. Dark Reader is not perfect on this site. It ignores the platinum shade that's given when you have the platinum trophy in a game. It shows up as black, just like a game in which you don't have the platinum trophy.

7 hours ago, DaivRules said:

That would be one interpretation. 

What would be the other interpretation of the numbers? Both votes got more positive than negative, so it was approved by members. Unless you were expecting "approved means 90-100% positive votes", which in that case, it would be impossible to achieve for several reasons. Some other features were added without asking feedback and users could simply switch them on/off or display/hide. 

Not that I want that system, it's just an example, but sometimes members could get a conclusion feedback about topics, otherwise, people vote for nothing. 

• Like 1

Just now, TurtlePM said:

What would be the other interpretation of the numbers? Both votes got more positive than negative, so it was approved by members. Unless you were expecting "approved means 90-100% positive votes", which in that case, it would be impossible to achieve for several reasons. Some other features were added without asking feedback and users could simply switch them on/off or display/hide. 

Not that I want that system, it's just an example, but sometimes members could get a conclusion feedback about topics, otherwise, people vote for nothing. 

That a very small portion of the members who use the Forums, let alone the whole site even voted, but Mango made it clear he was looking for input, not voting for final implementation. It was just an idea he wanted to refine. 

It’s not like Sly posted a survey and asked because he has plans to implement something. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

That a very small portion of the members who use the Forums, let alone the whole site even voted, but Mango made it clear he was looking for input, not voting for final implementation. It was just an idea he wanted to refine. 

It’s not like Sly posted a survey and asked because he has plans to implement something. 

That's the thing, it's the admistrator that actually can do anything about it.

I know some things might seem useless to some people like add a Dark Mode to the website, but it's also simple to add a button to switch it on/off for those. Yes, there are alternatives (for those that visit the site via PC), but you also see a lot of other websites with this simple feature.

I see a lot of people complaining about the milestone table, here and there, or even the users updates, it must be something that someone already brought to the table. It all seems that discutions remain discutions, only a few/none are done. At least in the past few years.

I think it's a bit "sad" to see other people trying to make this site greater because, otherwise, we get nothing. 

Edited by TurtlePM

What is the reason that he is the only one doing development work on the website? I am a software and webdeveloper myself and I understand that implementing new features and developing in general takes a lot of skill and time. Especially with the testing and stuff. He should hire (or volunteers) some people to help him with the development side.

Edited by Dylan-Mehl
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Barbeqmeister said:

A lot of us have paid for this

Yep and I'm one of them. I was referring to the OP's entitled attitude when they're not a premium member. Not that I think a premium member's opinion carries more weight than a free member, but I don't think that any part of a free/voluntary paid service can ever be considered "unacceptable".

• Like 2