Save exploit tip for a different daily reward and personal remarks

Here are a few answers to questions mentioned in this game's topics, and to which i couldn't find answers on the internet.
First of all: how many levels this game has? There are a lot of contradictious information on that, so here are the PS4 version's numbers:

Winter levels: 285
Summer levels: 30
Halloween levels: 30
Autumn levels: 30

In that order. So it's not 485 here (like the wiki says), not 195 summer levels (like the PS Store says), it's 375. Which is a lot. I mean a LOT. A lot in number of levels and in terms of time. The reason why it takes definitely 100+ hours to 100% this game is not the huge ammount of levels though but the conception behind the determination of the numbers of rounds given to complete each level. Like Nutrageous69 said in another topic "(...) it became obvious the devs reduced the number of turns for each level by about 5+ turns thus making many levels go from hard to plane stupid luck based". I don't know who decided the number of rounds available for completing the levels, whether it was the devs or people behind or above the devs, the point is that the outcome is outrageous. I honestly haven't encountered another free to play game that tried to force you into buying power-ups so aggressively and disgustingly like this game, not even remotely. So the main reason for the huge time consumption is not the ammount of levels, but the fact that you'll keep running out of rounds trying to complete the level at hand, and you'll need to retry, some levels dozens of times.
For the above reasons i don't have any pangs of conscience to let you all know how to eploit the save method for a useful daily login reward every day (imo the useful daily login rewards are the frostwork or star (character power-up), the snowball and the icepick). There is no big secret here, it's very simple in fact. The game only saves when you see a white frostwork in the upper right corner of the screen. When you play the game for the first time in a 24 hour period after you're last reward, the game pops up the reward screen in single player mode where you can choose a hidden reward in a 3x3 matrix. The moment you choose one of the 9 squares, the game saves, so if you're not satisfied with the unveiled reward, and you want another try for a different reward, you need the save file(s) you had before making the reward screen pop up. Those who have PS Plus subscription are in more convenient situtation than those who don't have. Subscribers just need to upload there save files to cloud each day before starting the game for the reward, those without subscription need to use an USB-device for saving the save files which is a bit less convenient. So, as you see, it's really simple: if you're not satisfied with the login reward, close the game, download and overwrite the save files with those uploaded by you beforehand to cloud or your USB-device, then start the game, and you'll eventually have the chance for a different reward. Repeat this process until you get the reward you need, which is not always the frostwork.
Using the method detailed above you'll be able to in fact enjoy this game that is so much fun imo, just the above mentioned conception kills the joy if you let it.
I personally only started (ab)using the above method during the Halloween levels, so if you look at my trophies' timestamps you'll notice that i completed the 30 autumn levels in less than 10 days, and by that time i didn't really care how much time it takes.

• Like 3

Yeah I'll be tempted to try this as I'm still working on this. I'm stuck currently on level 25 of the Halloween ones. Stupid rock trolls...…. I've also been tempted to turn the clock up a day but this sounds more straight forward and I don't risk screwing something else up by mucking with time....

• 1 year later...