Trophy Thoughts?

1 hour ago, ChadDeathBringer said:

I had no clue this was coming out on ps4 to be honest and pretty surprised thought this was going to be a xbox exclusive.

Minecraft is too big to keep exclusive and has a sizable younger demographic, no reason to lose out on money because some kids parents got them a PS4 or a Switch and they doesn't have the money to buy another console.

The only upside to playing on Xbox is you can get it "free" with GamePass.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, X-x-TheMayor-x-X said:

Looks relatively straight forward, with what appears to be at least one trophy requiring multiplayer. The apocalypse difficulty trophy may require a team depending on how things work too. All in all I am pretty excited for this!

From what I’ve heard this game the co-op in this game is exclusively local (no option to play with friends or matchmaking) which can be bad for trophy hunters who don’t have extra controllers and others willing to assist, but ultimately now because of people still isolating in their homes with nobody visiting them (I know restrictions are being loosened across different countries but still).

As for the trophies it doesn’t look bad at all, just a couple of grindy ones. I haven’t seen much of Dungeons as I’m not satisfied with the current state of Minecraft and how Micro$oft have been managing it. Constant re-releasing and discontinuing different releases of the game, making pointless game adjustments, adding new content (that most of the time isn’t important or makes things worse) and most importantly, monetisation. However this appears to be an entirely seperate product so I hope MS approaches post-launch content/updates differently.

Edited by PepsiMaxVanilla

Been waiting for this game seems like an easy trophy list but if you’ve seen gameplay the tnt trophy might seem like it takes time to get 10 enemies close but it’s very easy to do. Only difficult one would be the arch illager on apocalypse but you would have the best gear at that point so I wouldn’t worry.

1 hour ago, grifteskymfning said:

I completed this on pc beta test already, really easy and fun.

Fingers crossed for a physical release.

It’s sadly been confirmed that it will be digital only as answered on the FAQ tab on the minecraft dungeons website

The biggest question is, will this game get 100 dlc's as well.

33 minutes ago, fsluca said:

It’s sadly been confirmed that it will be digital only as answered on the FAQ tab on the minecraft dungeons website

Well that's an easy skip op PS4 for me then.

Edited by Bunkerbudy

4 hours ago, PepsiMaxVanilla said:

From what I’ve heard this game the co-op in this game is exclusively local (no option to play with friends or matchmaking) which can be bad for trophy hunters who don’t have extra controllers and others willing to assist, but ultimately now because of people still isolating in their homes with nobody visiting them (I know restrictions are being loosened across different countries but still).

There is online Co-Op but no matchmaking, therefore you can only play with people who are on your friends list :(.

56 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

Like a walk in the park for an experienced ARPG player.

Thanks for answering Q's for people. Apologies if you're getting bombared with questions, but I have a couple of questions if it doesn't breach any NDA/embargo resitractions (and you have the time to answer).

-  I don't know much about dungeon-crawlers or ARPGS but love OG Minecraft. Is this game reasonably easy to pick up and go (especially Apocolypse)? I don't get the impression Mojang would make a brutally difficult dungeon crawler, so I'm wondering how feasible the 100%/Platinum would be for a complete outsider to this genre of game?

- Further to the above, is this game permadeath, or is there any respawn/retry mechanic in the game at all? I read it is mission based so I'm guessing it's one life a level?