The QTE's are so bad..

DanielMcGiveron

I've never been a huge fan of QTE's but this game has been my worst ever experience with them. They are so over used and sometimes just impossible on hard difficulty, I've just got to a section in Lucas' apartment were all furniture is flying at you and I must have failed about 20 times (still haven't done it). What makes matters worse is the QTE prompts are slightly transparant so sometimes it can be hard to see which one flashes. Rant over.

Edited by InfamousDan-
  • Like 3

YEAH...they suck.

My advice for that is on gamefaqs (i think) i found someone typed up all the prompts. So basically do one or two, pause, look up the next one or two, do them, pause etc

It is the only way i did it on hard because you cant screw up too many times or else you wont have full life for the much harder Matrix fight later.

Edited by Dr_Mayus

3 hours ago, InfamousDan- said:

Cool I might try that tomorrow, I've just had to rage quit the game? Also I think the hard mode trophy is bugged so I might have to re-play it a few times to get the trophy ?

I got super lucky Hard mode didnt glitch on me.

A whole bunch of them did but i was fortunate there.

Good luck with the plat.

8 hours ago, aimeraya said:

Better than the ones in Shenmue 1+2

Really? I played Shenmue 1+2 back in 2018 and I thought they were okay, again they were used quite a lot which I didn't like but I thought they were much easier to handle. Plus there was no 'Hard Mode' on Shenmue which makes the QTE's a lot faster.

12 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

YEAH...they suck.

My advice for that is on gamefaqs (i think) i found someone typed up all the prompts. So basically do one or two, pause, look up the next one or two, do them, pause etc

It is the only way i did it on hard because you cant screw up too many times or else you wont have full life for the much harder Matrix fight later.

Are you sure the QTE guide was on GameFAQ? I can't seem to find it.

• Like 1

You can also follow along using YouTube video with the same idea. That's how I got through some of those levels. I'd watch 4 moves, pause the video, do the same sequence in the game, pause watch next four moves, rinse, repeat. It's time consuming, but I found it easier than text. I originally tried to get as far as I could, writing down the moves on my own, but sometimes the sequence started with the left joystick and sometimes the right... the video just proved to be much easier. The length of the QTE's was what bothered me.

No problem.

The apartment is the worst on hard because it is just so fast. The thing is there are lives afterwards so just learn how many lives you can still pick up before the Matrix fight.

People said the church was hard but i only need about 6 tries to master that one.

The matrix fight you will just get lucky while doing it.

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

Been playing the Lukas' apartment section for two hours, still haven't got past it. I have come to the point where I have literally learned pretty much all of the patterns and I can tell which light is gonna come on screen before it does, but I still lose because the game is stupid and fails to register my inputs. Completely ridiculous.

In a story driven game like this, such an issue shouldn't even be a thing. I could accept QTE in a story driven game, even if they are hard (And they are), as long as they fucking get registered when I press the buttons/lift the stick. Those broken QTE are making me hate the game, and it's a huge shame because I am enjoying the plot.

Edited by KenjiCBZ