Ultra Rare Offline Platinum Trophies & Recommendations

My internet is not that great anymore ever since I moved to the middle of nowhere so I need some solid titles (ps3/ps4) to plat offline. Also haven't received an ultra rare platinum yet and i'd like to go for it!

Edit: To save you time, here is a list of all titles in alphabetical order with an ultra rare platinum achievable offline recommended in this topic as of 5/20/20:

0-9

3D Dot Game Heroes - 3.31% (PS3)

A

Alpha Protocol - 3.04% (PS3)

Amnesia Collection - 3.83% (PS4)

Android Assault Cactus - 2.52% (PS4)

Axiom Verge - 4.72% (PS4/Vita)

B

The Banner Saga - 4.02% (PS4)

Batman: Arkham City - 4.70% (PS3)

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth - 2.56% (PS4/Vita)

Bleed - 1.04% (PS4)

Bleed 2 - 1.65% (PS4)

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel - 4.15% (PS4)

Bound - 0.63% (PS4)

Butcher - 3.97% (PS4)

C

Catherine: Full Body - 3.15% (PS4)

Cities: Skylines - 2.68% (PS4)

Crypt of the NecroDancer - 0.06% (PS4/Vita) - Has one trophy you need internet for but not a strong or reliable connection. Only to connect for a daily challenge.

D

Dandara - 1.79% (PS4)

Dark Cloud 2 - 3.92% (PS4)

Darkest Dungeon - 1.95% (PS4/Vita)

Dead Cells - 3.63% (PS4)

Death Road to Canada - 1.26% (PS4)

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - 2.64% (PS4)

Devil May Cry 5 - 3.34% (PS4)

Divinity: Original Sin - 2.13% (PS4)

Downwell - 1.94% (PS4/Vita)

Dungeon Defenders - 4.03% (PS3)

E

Enter the Gungeon - 4.82% (PS4)

The Escapists - 3.63% (PS4)

The Evil Within - 3.94% (PS4)

F

Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise - 4.73% (PS4)

The Flame in the Flood: Complete Edition - 1.96% (PS4)

Flame Over - 0.76% (PS4)

Furi - 1.56% (PS4)

G

GRID - 4.99% (PS4)

H

I

Invisible, Inc - 0.40% (PS4)

I Am Bread - 0.30% (PS4)

J

K

Kingdom Come: Deliverance - 2.13% (PS4)

L

The Last Guardian - 3.33% (PS4)

Lords of the Fallen - 4.30% (PS4)

Lone Survivor - 4.80% (PS4)

The Long Dark - 1.04% (PS4)

Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime - 3.41% (PS4)

M

Marvel Ultimate Alliance - 3.52% (PS4)

Medal of Honor Frontline - 3.28% (PS3)

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - 4.40% (PS3)

Metal Slug Anthology - 3.43% (PS4)

Mighty No. 9 - 0.84% (PS4)

Mirror's Edge - 2.99% (PS3)

Mother Russia Bleeds - 2.43% (PS4)

N

O

Outlast 2 - 1.46% (PS4)

Overland - 2.33% (PS4)

P

Puppeteer - 4.34% (PS3)

Q

R

Rad - 0.93% (PS4) - Has one trophy you need internet for but not a strong or reliable connection. Only to connect for a daily challenge.

Rainbow Moon - 4.80% (PS3)

Rain World - 2.15% (PS4)

Rebel Galaxy - 3.49% (PS4)

Resident Evil Revelations 2 - 3.34% (PS4)

Rogue Legacy - 2.96% (PS4)

S

Samurai Warriors 4 - 4.81% (PS4)

Shadow of the Colossus - 2.53% (PS3)

Shoppe Keep - 2.40% (PS4)

The Sims 3 - 3.54% (PS3)

Slain: Back From Hell - 3.64% (PS4)

Stardew Valley - 0.91% (PS4/Vita)

Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - 0.90% (PS4)

SteamWorld Heist - 1.71% (PS4)

Super Cloudbuilt - 2.89% (PS4)

Super Meat Boy - 0.20% (PS4/Vita)

Super Time Force Ultra - 2.45% (PS4/Vita)

Surgeon Simulator 0.56% (PS4)

T

Terraria - 2.07% (PS4/PS3/Vita)
Thief - 3.88% (PS4)

Titan Souls - 1.88% (PS4)

U

Unravel Two - 1.74% (PS4)

V

Vanquish - 2.35% (PS3)

Velocity 2x - 1.50% (PS4/Vita)

W

Wipeout Omega Collection - 1.58% (PS4)

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - 0.77% (PS4)

X

Y

Yakuza 0 - 3.63% (PS4)

Yakuza Kiwami - 2.98% (PS4)

Z

Ziggurat - 2.65% (PS4)

Zombi - 3.47% (PS4)

Edited by SleightRocket

11 minutes ago, SleightRocket said:

My internet is not that great anymore ever since I moved to the middle of nowhere so I need some solid titles (ps3/ps4) to plat offline. Also haven't received an ultra rare platinum yet and i'd like to go for it!

The Uncharted Nathan Drake collection is a fun one. :)

• Like 1

If you want the all time hardest by statistic, I think that is Crypt of the Necrodancer. It is a rhythm based roguelike dungeon crawler with nothing quite like it on the market.

If you want the all time traditional hardest ultrarare, then you could shoot for Super Meat Boy. Super Meat Boy, as I'm sure needs no introduction, is a long time classic gruelling platformer that features short levels, instant respawn, and tight controls.

If you'd like a more RPG experience, then take a gander at Divinity Original Sin Enhanced Edition. A wee bit slow, but it features turn like combat as a cRPG that is similar to classic Fallout.

If you'd like a retro kind of game, try Bit Trip Complete. I'm not sure how exactly to describe it but it does remind one of older, simpler games of yesterday. 

• Like 3

If you're looking for harder ones:

Furi 

I Am Bread

Downwell

Surgeon Simulator 

Wolfenstein 2

Super Meat boy

Titan Souls

If you want an easier ultra rare plat:

Deus Ex Mankind Divided 

Bulletstorm Full Clip Edition

Call of Duty

Mortal Kombat X 

Yakuza Kiwami

Borderlands 2 and The Pre-Sequel

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

Both Borderlands while potentially doable offline with a huge amount of grinding & insane luck to get good drops to solo the raid bosses are far easier when done online with other players.

I completed both of these games completely solo and did not find either to require much grinding.

4 hours ago, Dreggit said:

If you want the all time hardest by statistic, I think that is Crypt of the Necrodancer. It is a rhythm based roguelike dungeon crawler with nothing quite like it on the market.

If you want the all time traditional hardest ultrarare, then you could shoot for Super Meat Boy. Super Meat Boy, as I'm sure needs no introduction, is a long time classic gruelling platformer that features short levels, instant respawn, and tight controls.

These are two of the hardest platinums on the system! Good games but you're really coming out of the gate swingin on this one lol

I can recommend Stardew Valley, Binding of Isaac Rebirth (though the DLC might require some internet connection with the daily runs?), Void Bastards, Flinthook, Ascendant, Dandara, Shoppe Keep, Darkest Dungeon, Downwell, The Banner Saga, The Escapists, Flame Over, and Ziggurat. 

If you're really, really, REALLY good at FPSes and don't mind old school janky controls - Medal of Honor Frontline. Hard mode is hair rippingly brutal, but if you can do any COD on Veteran, you can do MoH Frontline on Hard. Just the aged controls make it tough.

Binding of Isaac Rebirth is probably an 'easier' ultra rare platinum, because it's more RNG than pure skill. When you get pretty good at the game, it's just about having the right items to pop up to help you out.

Lastly, Metal Gear Solid 4. The biggest challenge you'll probably face as a trophy hunter - as getting the Big Boss emblem is required. If MoH Frontline was hair rippingly brutal, this is poke your eyes out brutal. Definitely not a platinum for the faint hearted. From the guide:

"You have to beat the game on the highest difficulty (Boss Extreme) with no deaths, no alerts, no kills, no recovery items, no stealth suit, no bandana, in under 5 hours."

I'll never do it again. But it feels incredible to pull this plat off, so I'd recommend it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cckerberos said:

I completed both of these games completely solo and did not find either to require much grinding.

It may have depended on when you did them & what patch you were playing on. Some patches nerfed weapons, others played around with drop rates, some even changed around damage scaling for the various difficulties. For example, the Evil Smasher powerup glitch that allowed you to almost 1 shot raid bosses was patched several years ago.

Even then, at the very least, the op would still need a second controller to be able to win a duel in TPS.

10 minutes ago, KondeBra said:

-Thief (easy game, don't know why is an UR)

I heard it is really REALLY bad maybe

that's why, people just were like: Nope.

But seriously, if it is actually an easy UR then I am interested..time to put my useless noob stealth skills in use :D

Alpha Protocol (PS3) and Puppeteer (PS3) are pretty easy offline ultra rares. Alpha Protocol is fairly involved and likely requires a guide to obtain all the trophies. Puppeteer is easy, just has a lot of collectibles, requires two controllers and has some timed levels.

Skylanders: Swap Force (PS3) is also a fairly easy ultra rare, but it's easier the more figures you have (particularly for the final boss on Nightmare difficulty). It does have one online trophy though, but it only requires you to read a noticeboard (nothing demanding or long-winded so should be fine even with unstable and/or slow internet).

5 hours ago, ObsceneSociopath said:

Bulletstorm & MKX both require large amounts of time spent playing online & multiplayer. MKX even has a trophy that isn't always obtainable as the boss invasions intermittently stop occurring locking you out of the trophy until Netherealms start them up again.

Both Borderlands while potentially doable offline with a huge amount of grinding & insane luck to get good drops to solo the raid bosses are far easier when done online with other players.

A second controller would also be required for the Duel trophy on Pre-Sequel.

All this is based on my own experience as I've got 100% completion on all of the games I mentioned.

My bad, forgot the OP wanted offline games.