Ultra Rare Offline Platinum Trophies & Recommendations

5 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I see you've already started some games with a UR plat, so why not one of those? Terraria is fun, and that was my first UR plat.

But if you want some new suggestions... Darkest Dungeon, The Banner Saga, XCOM, and Invisible, Inc. are great if you like turn-based combat. If you like more obscure survival games, The Long Dark and The Flame in the Flood. For platformers, Axiom Verge and the obvious Super Meat Boy. Everybody's Golf is relaxing, but check the online requirements. And if you REALLY want to lose yourself, Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Or, if you want a surprisingly easy UR plat that you can earn in a few hours (while also being a legitimately good game), Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime.

Which Xcom are you referring to? The first one has an Online Trophy requirement. 

Ultra rare plats I have that can be done with no/bad internet

Super Meat Boy

Pros: one of the rarest and most respected plats out there

Cons: this is firmly a 10/10 difficulty, 100-200 hour game 

Just Cause 3

Pros: medium difficulty, endgame more grindy than hard, really fun game, you blow lots of s*** up

Cons: technically a couple trophies are online related to leaderboards (and glitched to boot!), these can be done with a weak connection-I had middle of nowhere net when I got the plat. Just do your research on the glitches before you start so you aren’t caught unaware

Grid (2019)

Pros: probably the easiest ultra rare on my list, as it’s almost entirely grind

Cons: you will be spending 100+ hours postgame on one trophy, and that trophy is the only u-rare in the whole set

Samurai Warriors 4

Pros: fun hack and slash with a preposterous amount of easily killable enemies, list is very modest in difficulty

Cons: will take 100+ hours and there is quite a bit of monotonous grinding in the cleanup

I Am Bread

Pros: extremely rare plat, tough but probably not as tough as its rarity suggests. BushidoCypher’s youtube guide makes this a lot less painful than it otherwise would be

Cons: controls are annoying and take a long time to get used to. This game is 80% figuring out how to efficiently move the various types of bread around and 20% actually beating the levels

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DomDeMann said:

Which Xcom are you referring to? The first one has an Online Trophy requirement. 

Oh, that's true. I think the original and XCOM 2 have one. Fortunately, they only take a couple of minutes to get.

Could always do XCOM: Enemy Within, I guess. It's just not a UR plat.

Edited by Cassylvania

52 minutes ago, CountOfTuscany1 said:

Ultra rare plats I have that can be done with no/bad internet

Super Meat Boy

Pros: one of the rarest and most respected plats out there

Cons: this is firmly a 10/10 difficulty, 100-200 hour game 

Just Cause 3

Pros: medium difficulty, endgame more grindy than hard, really fun game, you blow lots of s*** up

Cons: technically a couple trophies are online related to leaderboards (and glitched to boot!), these can be done with a weak connection-I had middle of nowhere net when I got the plat. Just do your research on the glitches before you start so you aren’t caught unaware

Grid (2019)

Pros: probably the easiest ultra rare on my list, as it’s almost entirely grind

Cons: you will be spending 100+ hours postgame on one trophy, and that trophy is the only u-rare in the whole set

Samurai Warriors 4

Pros: fun hack and slash with a preposterous amount of easily killable enemies, list is very modest in difficulty

Cons: will take 100+ hours and there is quite a bit of monotonous grinding in the cleanup

I Am Bread

Pros: extremely rare plat, tough but probably not as tough as its rarity suggests. BushidoCypher’s youtube guide makes this a lot less painful than it otherwise would be

Cons: controls are annoying and take a long time to get used to. This game is 80% figuring out how to efficiently move the various types of bread around and 20% actually beating the levels

This is a great layout for the topic, I really appreciate it! Just Cause 3 & Samurai Warriors 4 will definitely go to my backlog. Thanks man!

34 minutes ago, rdhight said:

Steamworld Heist

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Rebel Galaxy

Just added Steamworld Heist. Thanks!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SleightRocket said:

I'm sure Thief will be my first ultra rare. I know i'd love this game. Dishonored was my favorite game back in the day I just thought all the stealth was sick haha.

If Dishonored is really your favorite game, and you're truly sure that you'll love Thief, then I highly recommend Styx: Shards of Darkness. I would recommend the first installment, but unless you got it from the IGC several years ago or purchased it before its removal, the game has been delisted a while ago on PSN. The Styx series is either tied with or right behind the Dishonored series for me. It has the same type of impressive varied level design but provides a pure stealth experience.

Btw, Dishonored has two (incredible) sequels, both of which I noticed are absent from your profile.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EcoShifter said:

If Dishonored is really your favorite game, and you're truly sure that you'll love Thief, then I highly recommend Styx: Shards of Darkness. I would recommend the first installment, but unless you got it from the IGC several years ago or purchased it before its removal, the game has been delisted a while ago on PSN. The Styx series is either tied with or right behind the Dishonored series for me. It has the same type of impressive varied level design but provides a pure stealth experience.

Btw, Dishonored has two (incredible) sequels, both of which I noticed are absent from your profile.

Thank you for the response, I just checked out Styx it looks so underrated; I'd never heard of it before, however literally yesterday I bought Dishonored 2 from the store, I'll be playing it pretty soon after I finish the Witcher!

It doesn't have a platinum, but No Time to Explain has quite a few ultra rare trophies (which were tricky but not impossible). It's a platformer that uses a massive laser beam as your tool to traverse the environment. It's really goofy and pretty short. Some of the worlds were really unique and the new gameplay elements introduced always felt fresh (like fattening yourself up with cake to destroy obstacles in your path or a world where you had to slingshot your way across it).

It's very reminiscent of some of the old web browser flash games. If you like those, I suggest you give it a go!

Titan Souls! Only 1.88%, same as Mortal Kombat X. It's a VERY short game, but it will put you through the ringer and test you on every part of the game. (beat all bosses on hard, beat all bosses on hard without dying, beat the game in under 20 minutes are some examples!)

Of those that I have completed, I recommend the following:

Bleed 1 & 2 (6 lists in total) / Very hard games.

Metal Slug Anthology / Pretty easy to be a UR.

Super Cloudbuilt / AWESOME GAME! 100% recommended but quite difficult.

Velocity 2x / Another great game. PS+ Free Game years ago.

Butcher / A pixel art game. It's pretty cool.

Mighty No. 9 (2 lists) / Very easy despide their %. PS+ game.

Bound / Another hard game, PS+ game also.

Android Assault Cactus / AWESOME GAME! It's very addictive and entertaining, as well as a good challenge.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SleightRocket said:

Thank you for the response, I just checked out Styx it looks so underrated; I'd never heard of it before, however literally yesterday I bought Dishonored 2 from the store, I'll be playing it pretty soon after I finish the Witcher!

It is underrated; it's a prime definition of the word, and it's currently in the "hidden gems" sale. This isn't a negative, but it is a lower budget, non-AAA franchise (just like. . . A Plague Tale: Innocence and Hellblade). Dishonored 2 is amazing. Easily one of my top (10) favorite games this generation.

Edited by EcoShifter
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, EcoShifter said:

It is underrated; it's a prime definition of the word, and it's currently in the "hidden gems" sale. This isn't a negative, but it is a lower budget, non-AAA franchise (just like. . . A Plague Tale: Innocence and Hellblade). Dishonored 2 is amazing. Easily one of my top (10) favorite games this generation.

A Plague Tale was one i've been wanting to get as well. That game looks so cool I can't believe it's not more popular!!! It's funny you mentioned Hellblade with this game I believe the guy I watched that reviewed A Plague Tale talked about it during the review xD - Also just looked up Hellblade, it looks like such a great game. It seems like the average gamer is turned off by shorter games, but i'm definitely going to add that one to my list as well.

Super Meat Boy was mentioned already, so I will recommend Amnesia. This game is really easy and it is somewhere between 2-3% regarding the rarity on PSNP. Dead Rising 1 is also an option, but honestly stay away from the dead rising games-they are really buggy. My number 1 recommendation though would be Outlast 2, I loved this game!

• Like 1

To list a few I enjoyed:

Velocity 2X

Furi

Downwell

Lone Survivor

Axiom Verge

Slain: Back From Hell

Rogue Legacy

I wouldn't recommend Super Meat Boy to some of you if you're not that good at platformers. It's still pretty tough, even if a few people think the platinum trophy is overrated in terms of gaming skill and commitment.

Edited by Spaz

My suggestions, The Evil WIthin with a 0.5% rarity, as well as Assassin's Creed Origins and Odyessy both all offline(excluding the DLC trophies), both are around %4 rarity.  Also if you're in the US gamefly is still a thing, and maybe able to get many of these games suggested here that way.  Though not sure if they're shipping right now. 

Star Ocean the Last Hope International

This game is a JRPG with a real time fast battle system. The story is good, the characters are good, basically everything about this game is good in my opinion with the exception of the trophies. They are difficult and extremely time consuming. This game can easily clock in as a 10/10 difficulty for most people, or at least a 9/10 if you really familiar with real time JRPG games like the Tales of series. (A few of the Tales games are also ultra rare Platinum, like both Symphonia ones on PS3) Plus not only is it very difficult, it'll take you a nice long while to complete it, around 400 hours if you highly efficient. Maybe up to 600 hours otherwise.

The killer in this game are the battle trophies in game. Each character has 100 tasks, there are 9 characters, so 900 tasks. Some are easy that will come naturally, some will take serious planning and preparation for, and some are a grind fest. Oh, and while you do have multiple characters battling at the same time on your team, only the player controlled character can earn the battle tasks. So anything an AI controlled character does doesn't count. And going into any new game will also reset any progress towards a particular task. So if you have a kill 10,000 enemy one and you kill 8000, that progress is lost and you back at 0 if you start a new game. And it also has to be the controlled character that deals the final attack. So if one of your AI allies finishes a foe, that doesn't count towards the kill total either. Though each time you do have to start a new game, which will be a few, the already completed battle trophies do carry over. 

So yeah, that about sums up that beast of a title, but not only would you bag an ultra rare, it's still at less than 1% achievement rate. There are multiple guides for that game since many things are easily missable, from chests to recipes to enemies to materials. Good luck if you take this on. 

• Like 2

On 20/05/2020 at 1:18 AM, Jasko_SOA said:

My number 1 recommendation though would be Outlast 2, I loved this game!

I’m psyching myself up to giving this a go. Loved the first one and was able to beat Insane mode on only my third attempt, but this one being twice as long and reading that it has some very inconsistent bosses has me knowing it’ll be a lot of pain!!

To the topic at hand, if you’re talking UR Plats on PSN and not PSNP, then I’ll recommend my latest Plat - Beholder. It was a game I hadn’t heard of at all until I saw it on sale. Looked it up and was intrigued so bought it and I absolutely loved it. Reminded me a fair bit of This War of Mine: The Little Ones (another great UR game) and was good fun. There’s even a second instalment that I’ll be playing next! 

Edited by OTPYG

50 minutes ago, OTPYG said:

I’m psyching myself up to giving this a go. Loved the first one and was able to beat Insane mode on only my third attempt, but this one being twice as long and reading that it has some very inconsistent bosses has me knowing it’ll be a lot of pain!!

To the topic at hand, if you’re talking UR Plats on PSN and not PSNP, then I’ll recommend my latest Plat - Beholder. It was a game I hadn’t heard of at all until I saw it on sale. Looked it up and was intrigued so bought it and I absolutely loved it. Reminded me a fair bit of This War of Mine: The Little Ones (another great UR game) and was good fun. There’s even a second instalment that I’ll be playing next! 

51 minutes ago, OTPYG said:

Go for it man! you got a very nice profile, with outlast 2 it would be even better :P

• Like 1

On 5/19/2020 at 2:16 AM, JorgeSleep said:

Of those that I have completed, I recommend the following:

Bleed 1 & 2 (6 lists in total) / Very hard games.

Metal Slug Anthology / Pretty easy to be a UR.

Super Cloudbuilt / AWESOME GAME! 100% recommended but quite difficult.

Velocity 2x / Another great game. PS+ Free Game years ago.

Butcher / A pixel art game. It's pretty cool.

Mighty No. 9 (2 lists) / Very easy despide their %. PS+ game.

Bound / Another hard game, PS+ game also.

Android Assault Cactus / AWESOME GAME! It's very addictive and entertaining, as well as a good challenge.

I looked all of these up while editing my post and these all look like great unique titles. How did you find all of these games? i'd never heard of any of them.

6 hours ago, Champ147 said:

Star Ocean the Last Hope International

This game is a JRPG with a real time fast battle system. The story is good, the characters are good, basically everything about this game is good in my opinion with the exception of the trophies. They are difficult and extremely time consuming. This game can easily clock in as a 10/10 difficulty for most people, or at least a 9/10 if you really familiar with real time JRPG games like the Tales of series. (A few of the Tales games are also ultra rare Platinum, like both Symphonia ones on PS3) Plus not only is it very difficult, it'll take you a nice long while to complete it, around 400 hours if you highly efficient. Maybe up to 600 hours otherwise.

The killer in this game are the battle trophies in game. Each character has 100 tasks, there are 9 characters, so 900 tasks. Some are easy that will come naturally, some will take serious planning and preparation for, and some are a grind fest. Oh, and while you do have multiple characters battling at the same time on your team, only the player controlled character can earn the battle tasks. So anything an AI controlled character does doesn't count. And going into any new game will also reset any progress towards a particular task. So if you have a kill 10,000 enemy one and you kill 8000, that progress is lost and you back at 0 if you start a new game. And it also has to be the controlled character that deals the final attack. So if one of your AI allies finishes a foe, that doesn't count towards the kill total either. Though each time you do have to start a new game, which will be a few, the already completed battle trophies do carry over. 

So yeah, that about sums up that beast of a title, but not only would you bag an ultra rare, it's still at less than 1% achievement rate. There are multiple guides for that game since many things are easily missable, from chests to recipes to enemies to materials. Good luck if you take this on. 

Idk if I have the grit for this one.... maybe one day. It looks awesome so I can't say I never will. I've always wanted to plat an insanely time consuming JRPG but I think I should start off small, working on Persona, Dragon Quest, & Final Fantasy. (i'm not very acquainted with the genre yet, but everyone starts somewhere)

Any non-handheld EDF game. I'd recommend doing 4.1/5 both great games. Platinums is the fastest when doing it solo with two controllers. (or couch co-op)

Both fallen legion games are quite easy to do as well.

Edited by xZoneHunter
  • Like 1