Trophy Thoughts?

Just now, bosstristan said:

I think so. I mean, it's a remaster so...

What are they even remastering though? The game came out like four years ago. That would be like remastering Dark Souls 3 or Overwatch.

For the trophies though, I'm hyped to finally play this. I know that one DLC was impossible to get without the right disc copy because it was delisted for some reason, so I'm happy to finally play the full game. Not excited to drive that thousand miles though. I hear that one's a bitch.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

What are they even remastering though? The game came out like four years ago. That would be like remastering Dark Souls 3 or Overwatch.

For the trophies though, I'm hyped to finally play this. I know that one DLC was impossible to get without the right disc copy because it was delisted for some reason, so I'm happy to finally play the full game. Not excited to drive that thousand miles though. I hear that one's a bitch.

Exactly, Mafia 3 is barely 4 years old and was released on current gen. I don't know why people were thinking it would be a remaster. Just the same game with all DLC included. You can even see comparisons on YouTube which shows its just the same.

Ugh. I was hoping they'd tweak the requirement for the Explorer trophy in Jimmy's Vendetta and make it 100 miles or even 200. Not looking forward to doing that again :(

Other than that though, I'm looking forward to earning the plat all over again. The original version of the game is one of my favourite platinums of all time.

Need to go back and finish off the Joe's Adventures trophies on PS3 before I start this though :hmm:

• Like 1

Genuinely bummed about the return of the Explorer trophy but nonetheless doubt I'll be able to turn down going for the 100% in this since I loved the original so much. I think I'm finally getting around to wanting to replay some of these remasters that keep popping up of past games.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Hopefully some way to exploit Explorer. That sounds like a pain in the ass. 

There was a glitch on the PS3 version that let you "fall" from the map and the free falling counted towards your milleage.... Still wasn't foolproof and still took some hours to do it, never used it so don't know if you could save and continue or you need to do it in one go...

• Like 1

I would not be surprised if they patched out the 1000 mile glitch. They did slightly nerf it in a  patch to make the game pause every ten minutes unless you had a turbo controller to constantly hit O. Get ready to leave your PS4 on for hours just to get a bronze 

19 minutes ago, Gueeds said:

I would not be surprised if they patched out the 1000 mile glitch. They did slightly nerf it in a  patch to make the game pause every ten minutes unless you had a turbo controller to constantly hit O. Get ready to leave your PS4 on for hours just to get a bronze 

I ended up driving 500 of the miles on my own without the glitch, because it kept pausing for me every 20 - 30 minutes. Horrible trophy, wish they altered the trophy list like Ubisoft did with Assassins Creed 3 when it got remastered.

• Like 1