WHATaHOOT_

Trophy Thoughts?

88 posts in this topic

 
 
 
 
49 minutes ago, Spaz said:

 

I'm not paying a bunch of money for a turbo controller just so this trophy would be easier for me.

 

You don't even have to buy a turbo controller. Just look onto PS4Macro and set up a repeat that pushes circle every 10 minutes or so.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Well I wouldn't be surprised if the game still pauses. I mean this is a rather lazy remaster port. 

They didn't even bother to fix that glitch and worst of all its not even running at constant 30 FPS. A Remaster from a PS3 game should easily hit 60 FPS on PS4 Imho. Such a shame. 

 

Regarding the glitch the BioShock Collection also included the base game difficulty-related glitches, and they are some of the best games of all time in my opinion and critical darlings. The remasters for both MW and MW2 both had NEW glitches. So I don't quite get the logic in this, if anything, we should be glad they didn't patch the glitch as achievement/trophy hunters.

 

Regarding executing it just watch some Netflix or YT and check it doesn't pause. Not a big deal.

2 minutes ago, DaftenMiescha said:

 

You don't even have to buy a turbo controller. Just look onto PS4Macro and set up a repeat that pushes circle every 10 minutes or so.

 

This is another option. I'm playing this on Xbox so I'm not sure hotkeying works, unfortunately.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Weren't the Playboy magazines in the story chapters missable though? 🤔

 

It's been a while but I can't remember chapter select for this game. But correct me if I am wrong 

Shame on you. Game had chapter select, otherwise a lot of trophies would have been missable since the game has no regular free roam like mafia 1 and 3. You had to replay chapters to sell cars at the docks for example. Problem is, that your progress gets reset to the status of your first playthrough at that time. So you have to sell all 5 cars in one go for example.

 

This is not the case for the wanted posters and playboy magazines. They save instantly after you collect one.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DaftenMiescha said:

 

You don't even have to buy a turbo controller. Just look onto PS4Macro and set up a repeat that pushes circle every 10 minutes or so.

 

That's overkill for one trophy. It would be better if I used it over the long term, which looking at my backlog, there is next to nothing that needs a turbo controller or PS4Macro.

 

5 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

 

Regarding the glitch the BioShock Collection also included the base game difficulty-related glitches, and they are some of the best games of all time in my opinion and critical darlings. The remasters for both MW and MW2 both had NEW glitches. So I don't quite get the logic in this, if anything, we should be glad they didn't patch the glitch as achievement/trophy hunters.

 

A good remaster is Dark Souls Remastered. It has better framerate, the gameplay is a lot smoother, the graphics are better, it makes an already fantastic game even more appealing.

 

A lazy remaster is the stuff Ubisoft puts out, particularly for Assassins Creed games. I saw nothing notable from the Ezio Trilogy on the PS4, I played both the PS3 and PS4 versions of II, Brotherhood and Revelations and the only difference was the improved visuals. Framerate was still locked in at 30, which is unacceptable. Assassins Creed Liberation HD on the PS4 has new glitches, so this isn't brand new when you look at remasters over the past two - three years.

 

Mafia II definitely deserves better, particularly have it be at 60 FPS and maybe tweak the trophy list a bit. Driving 1000 miles for one trophy is just too much. I'm also disappointed they didn't add anything, like what the LA Noire remaster did. Sure they just added some pointless, crappy collectibles, but at least it was something.

 

My real hope is this game will get updates. Retro games like DOOM 2 got a framerate upgrade and other changes through it's updates on the PS4, so why couldn't more modern games like Mafia II?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, PhantomFear94 said:

 

This is another option. I'm playing this on Xbox so I'm not sure hotkeying works, unfortunately.

 

 

I think even rubberbanding your controller would work for this. (Good old kitchen tool hacks 😁)

 

3 minutes ago, Spaz said:

 

That's overkill for one trophy. It would be better if I used it over the long term, which looking at my backlog, there is next to nothing that needs a turbo controller or PS4Macro.

 

 

You're right, you don't have to use this. But sometimes it drains out all you patient if you're repeating the same steps/missions for quit too long. So I use Ps4Macro to record the same mission and menu choices to repeat the same missions over and over in other games to do other things meanwhile. But in the end, sure, the choice is up to you.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DaftenMiescha said:

 

I think even rubberbanding your controller would work for this. (Good old kitchen tool hacks 1f601.png)

 

 

You're right, you don't have to use this. But sometimes it drains out all you patient if you're repeating the same steps/missions for quit too long. So I use Ps4Macro to record the same mission and menu choices to repeat the same missions over and over in other games to do other things meanwhile. But in the end, sure, the choice is up to you.

Are these sort of macros, which repeat a whole set of inputs for you even allowed here? Lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, westersburg said:

Are these sort of macros, which repeat a whole set of inputs for you even allowed here? Lol

 

You can even find whole scripts to copy-paste/download for some games here as well.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure whether it is complete apathy or a fierce disregard for players - or perhaps incredible laziness - but to not change the 1000 miles Trophy after all the complaints is mind-boggling. It's disgusting. There was no reason to have that insane requirement in the first place and to so blatantly ignore the perfect opportunity to rectify this mistake is downright infuriating. 2K and whatever rinky-dink outfit they hired to do the remaster can both get in the sea.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Golem25 said:

I'm not sure whether it is complete apathy or a fierce disregard for players - or perhaps incredible laziness - but to not change the 1000 miles Trophy after all the complaints is mind-boggling. It's disgusting. There was no reason to have that insane requirement in the first place and to so blatantly ignore the perfect opportunity to rectify this mistake is downright infuriating. 2K and whatever rinky-dink outfit they hired to do the remaster can both get in the sea.

It's just lazyness. They didnt really put a lot of effort into this remaster. I think their plan is pretty much to get enough money with the mafia 2 remaster to finance this and the mafia 1 remake. They have probably and thankfully focussed on the first one and if it's running fine and looking like the trailers, that will be the real thing and a maybe a big cash cow.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone ranting about the 1000 miles trophy here. 😲

I did the 24.000 miles trophy in Grid without rubberbanding or stuff like that. So this should be a walk in the park. :D 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, talespagni said:

Damn, they lost an opportunity to finally add trophies for the 1st DLC ("The Betrayal of Jimmy").

I almost forgot about this one! Yea that's a real shame.

6 hours ago, zero7uk_ said:

Collectibles just turn me right off these days. 

I'm sure the Playboy magazines will turn you right on.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My thoughts are:

 

”I need to go back and finish up the PS3 version.” 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know when Mafia 2 actually releases? Can't find it on any store front that i checked.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Quink666 said:

Anyone know when Mafia 2 actually releases? Can't find it on any store front that i checked.

It should be available now.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

It should be available now.


not in every country

for me (belgium), digitial version is not available yet

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

It should be available now.

 

Now i can find it but no option to buy. Guess i'll just have to wait. Also i gotta be happy that the swedish store actually got the game on the store (even if i can't buy it), the inbred retards in charge of the SWE store are utterly useless, some games comes weeks later if at all.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't find it (individual M2 and M3) on the Indian store. Just the trilogy.

Edited by enclosed-hairdo
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Try using this link and then choose to be redirected to your countries store front. https://store.playstation.com/en-se/product/EP1001-CUSA17761_00-MAFIATWOREMASTER

 

Worked for me somehow. Can't search for it on the store or anything but using another country store front redirected me to my countries store and magically the game is there and can be bought.

Edited by Quink666
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll probably wait for aug and get the full bundle as a physical. Definitely going to 100% them all even though I got 3 already at 100%

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a Trophy for completing the game on hard. Is hard hard? Are cheats available? Thank you.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

There is a Trophy for completing the game on hard. Is hard hard? Are cheats available? Thank you.

 

Only a few spots in the game is difficult on Hard. But pretty much anyone can beat hard. Just have to take it slow and steady in some places. No cheats iirc unless they added some in the remaster which i doubt.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

There is a Trophy for completing the game on hard. Is hard hard? Are cheats available? Thank you.

No it's not. Why do you ask? Can't you beat any game on Hard?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quink666 said:

 

Only a few spots in the game is difficult on Hard. But pretty much anyone can beat hard. Just have to take it slow and steady in some places. No cheats iirc unless they added some in the remaster which i doubt.

 

Thank you very much.

 

59 minutes ago, bosstristan said:

No it's not. Why do you ask? Can't you beat any game on Hard?

 

Of course I can, but why should I when cheats are avaiable and make it faster. I don't live forever, you know.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sikutai said:

 

Thank you very much.

 

 

Of course I can, but why should I when cheats are avaiable and make it faster. I don't live forever, you know.

What's the point of playing if you're barely... Playing ?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why the hell did they re-add the 1000 miles trophy? Not even difficult, just evil.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.