MadSlasher13

Tony's Nightmare question

3 posts in this topic

Quick question for anyone who got the Tony's nightmare trophy. Do you have to win the match against Tony as well as winning/pushing all 10 rounds against the dealer ?

I managed to win/push all 10 rounds against the dealer but because I was only making the minimum bet every hand Tony ended up winning the match and no trophy popped.

Based on your experience, sounds like a win is necessary. I'd assume that's also true for the trophy with Kamiko winning all hands vs Mark.

As the videos show, the best move here is to go all-in every hand. You have to win every hand anyway, so betting small to minimize your risk wouldn't matter.. plus a loss would instantly allow you to restart your battle with Tony.

Thinking back on this trophy, and seeing a bunch of people currently playing this game, there's a lot of you who are getting really frustrated, I'm sure.

I think one thing that I did notice when I finally achieved it is that the game, while random and luck-based, also sticks to the "statistical plays" of blackjack pretty closely. For example, one hand I had a 16 (Tony did as well), dealer with Q showing.. caution tells you to stand, but the books say hit. Hitting gave me a 5 for 21.... Tony hit and got 5 as well.

While there's obviously lots of times you'd hit there and bust, you do need to take chances like that to reach 10 in a row.

Keep going all-in.. keep hitting continue.. a it takes is one lucky streak!