Fresh start for trophies on new account?

Faltorin

Hey everyone,

Been trophy hunting for a little while with breaks in between for various reasons, but want to get more into it than I have been in the past. I was going to use this account, but then I put games on here that I will may never get the plat for or play again, or just put on here to play with friends (Black OPS 4/CoD WWII comes to mind) I'm not a big fan of all online trophies, but I don't mind a few thrown in. Exception to this of course would be MMO's. I don't really have any hard plat's I don't think, however I do have some that are time consuming and would be sad to let them go but would get them again such as my Killing Floor 2 and Wildlands plats. I also tend to play 2 or 3 games at a time and don't really go back to older games, so i'd like a bit more completion. I normally start one, get a little ways in, start another and then another, and never really go back to the first one so it's a vicious cycle. I want to stick to playing one or two, platting or high percenting those, and then move onto another. I'd like to have a higher completion rate (maybe 85 or 90%).

Should I start fresh, or should I just continue to collect on this account and try to clear out the backlog of uncompleted trophies? What would others do in this type of scenario?

12 minutes ago, ResoluteRock said:

I’d say just clear out your backlog on this account. You have a lot of good, time consuming games on here and your backlog cleanup is definitely possible. It might take a year or two (depending on how frequently you play) but I think at some point, you’ve got to break the cycle you were talking about. I don’t think you’ll ever be satisfied if you keep making new accounts. Totally up to you, but that’s my take.

I agree with you completely, it wasn't until I started a new account alongside my youtube channel that I finally stuck to an account, I've been a trophy hunter for about 9 years or so now and I've made so many accounts that I've lost count, I'd stick to your current account if I were you. If anything it gives you memories of playing with your friends on those certain games and challenges you may not have been able to overcome but they're all still memories, but as ResoluteRock said it's totally your call.

• Like 1

I used to start new accounts every time I felt like I let my backlog get out of hand, but I have finally settled on a permanent account where I no longer care as much about trophy completions and care more about story completions. Also your completion rate will always be inaccurate as long as you have games that you haven't started yet. So I would say just pick some games off your list and complete them. It is also really fun seeing your completion rate break new milestones. I recently broke 70% so I started up some other games I had in my backlog for years and never touched. 

• Like 2

If you are comitted to be a that type of player that plats every game you play, then I suggest to go for a fresh new account that reflects your new style.

However, as Rock said, you have some really good and long games completed here.... and your backlog is not really that hard to complete.

• Like 1

I personally don't think completion percentage is all that important, and it'll naturally go up by completing your backlog so it's not like you can't bring it up by playing new games.. You have some great games on your account so I don't know if it's a fair trade off for a higher completion date.

I guess that's really what it comes down to. How important is completion percentage to you?

• Like 2

In a year or so you should be able to get 2,000+ trophies   and get on the same level of this account, so it depends if you really care about completion rate to start again.

If you do care enough, I suggest playing games on a "virgin" profile and synch it with the name of your account after you're done, this way you won't get backlog problems.

Just play. Your completion is fake and rigged if you only force yourself to play certain games so you can keep a certain percentage anyways.

I don't see any impossible platinums or 100%'s on your profile, so I don't see a reason to restart.

Instead, I would just fight the backlog. A big thing that helped me was buying less. I use to buy a lot more games (I still buy a lot lol), but by holding off some purchases, it put me in a better spot to go back and play old games.

If you want to be a completionist you have to learn to actually finish your games, it does kinda look like you just jump around after getting your feet wet in a game.

• Like 2

Stick with it. I've made a lot of accounts over the years. Almost gave up on this one multiple times. The best decision I ever made when it comes to gaming is to get rid of that "starting fresh" mentality. Once you've firmly cemented yourself into your profile, you'll find it increasingly more difficult to give it up.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 2

Thanks for the feedback and input everyone! 

I will continue and start on the backlog of this account. I will have to start at the bottom and stick to 1 or 2 games and finish them and try to clean up a bit so I can get through some of these games I have unfinished. I still own all of the games on my account, so access to them isn't an issue, just need to get out of the habit of bouncing around from game to game.

Again, I appreciate the feedback from all of you! Time to go through my library and get hunting!

• Like 4