Shadowgate 1.03 update just released (now 1.04 update July 3 2020), Platinum/trophies now 100% working

drlight66

Shadowgate for PS4 just received a 1.03 patch that should fix any remaining issues, I think* lol.  I actually sent a link to this forum to Dave Marsh who then sent it to Abstraction Games who did the PS4 port about a month ago as some of the trophies and bugs still seemed to exist, so hopefully with the 1.03 patch any remaining glitches have been fixed now.  I completely forgot that the game was getting a PS4 port until LimitedRunGames announced they were doing a physical PS4 pre-order of it, checked out the trophy list and saw the Platinum was at 0% earned then saw the topics on this forum discussing existing glitches so of course I had to report the issues. 

Anyone with a digital copy able to post the patch notes or check to see if all issues have been solved now?

Edited by drlight66

Hi, I just downloaded the game to look at the patch notes. They just say:
"Fixed Hidden Death 9"

Yeah, that explains a lot...

I remember that one of the hidden Death Scenes didn't work for me, but there are still other problems which prevented me from platinum.

Looking at the leaderboard there is now 1 Platinum archiver. So, I think I give this game another chance. Sadly I already ereased my save states.

3 minutes ago, Ranari_Kai said:

Hi, I just downloaded the game to look at the patch notes. They just say:
"Fixed Hidden Death 9"

Yeah, that explains a lot...

I remember that one of the hidden Death Scenes didn't work for me, but there are still other problems which prevented me from platinum.

Looking at the leaderboard there is now 1 Platinum archiver. So, I think I give this game another chance. Sadly I already ereased my save states.

Would that be the goblin room with one of the glitched ale mugs you mentioned in a previous post?  

"What hasn't been fixed is one of the ale mugs in the goblin room, therefore one of the hidden deaths is still unavailable"

If that's what Hidden Death 9 is referring to then that one glitch could've been the one thing screwing up the rest of the trophies.

I had to look that up to be sure: Yes hidden Death 9 is the one in goblin room, which I coudn't get to trigger. 

But I also have 2 other trophies which didn't pop after multiple playtroughs: "examine 600 items" and "solve 62 puzzles". I don't know if the hidden death was responsible for those two.

I am going to try that again with a fresh save state. 

1 hour ago, Ranari_Kai said:

I had to look that up to be sure: Yes hidden Death 9 is the one in goblin room, which I coudn't get to trigger. 

But I also have 2 other trophies which didn't pop after multiple playtroughs: "examine 600 items" and "solve 62 puzzles". I don't know if the hidden death was responsible for those two.

I am going to try that again with a fresh save state. 

Well it is an item and it does create a hidden/special death.  Would it be involved with one of the 62 puzzles though?

I played the whole with the new 1.03 patch yesterday. The good news: Hidden death 9 is fixed. The bad news: Some other bugs which had been fixed in the patch before did reappear...

Both the castle moad and the griffin cannot be interacted with. It seems that the hotspots for those item do not exist.

That means the platinum trophy is still impossible.

Thats really weird, because those two bugs had been fixed before. I know that for sure. I think they might not happen always, or some other factors play a role. Possible just very bad luck.

I tried playing it again right now till the castle courtyard, but without luck.

I am frustated. Its great that the developers are still updating that game after over a year, they seem not to be capable to fix these bugs.

Maybe I try the game again in a year or so... 

9 hours ago, Ranari_Kai said:

I played the whole with the new 1.03 patch yesterday. The good news: Hidden death 9 is fixed. The bad news: Some other bugs which had been fixed in the patch before did reappear...

Both the castle moad and the griffin cannot be interacted with. It seems that the hotspots for those item do not exist.

That means the platinum trophy is still impossible.

Thats really weird, because those two bugs had been fixed before. I know that for sure. I think they might not happen always, or some other factors play a role. Possible just very bad luck.

I tried playing it again right now till the castle courtyard, but without luck.

I am frustated. Its great that the developers are still updating that game after over a year, they seem not to be capable to fix these bugs.

Maybe I try the game again in a year or so... 

You were playing on Master difficulty just to be sure?  Do you think maybe the 1.03 version of the game is based on the 1.01 version with just the goblin room ale mug fixed but the other changes from 1.02 removed and the developer accidentally built 1.03 based on 1.01 and not 1.02?

Yes, I did play on master difficulty. Otherwise the hidden deaths would not work.

I do not know how a patch for game works. If it is similiar to an app, maybe they created a different branch for this version and forgot to merge them. It could be possible.

4 minutes ago, Ranari_Kai said:

Yes, I did play on master difficulty. Otherwise the hidden deaths would not work.

I do not know how a patch for game works. If it is similiar to an app, maybe they created a different branch for this version and forgot to merge them. It could be possible.

Well if the griffin and moat glitches have returned, it sounds like they added the goblin ale mug fix to the wrong build and updated the game with an older version of the game lol

16 minutes ago, Ranari_Kai said:

Yep. Thats more common in development than people would believe 1f602.png

Regarding the ale mug in the goblin room that was glitched, what all can be done with the mug and what was the previous glitch about regarding it?  Could you put the cursor over it but not interact with it, collect it, drink it, ?  Also is it part of any puzzles?

About that ale mug: you could simply not interact with it at all. The game did not recognize it. Instead you would click on the goblin, who is holding the mug. If you used the highlight function, the mug would not light up.

this is the very same problem, which is happening right now, with the moat and the griffin.

yes the ale mug is part of the hidden death 9, the one fixed in the v1.03.

Neither. If you enter the room in a normal way, the goblins kill you as soon as you interact with something.

If you dress as a goblin, you can interact three time with things until they recognize you.

the mug is there solely for the hidden death: dress up as a goblin. Use the eat command on both mugs in the room. You get drunk and die horribly.

you cannot take the mug, just use it.

that is by the way a similarity with both the castle moat and the griffin.

4 minutes ago, Ranari_Kai said:

Neither. If you enter the room in a normal way, the goblins kill you as soon as you interact with something.

If you dress as a goblin, you can interact three time with things until they recognize you.

the mug is there solely for the hidden death: dress up as a goblin. Use the eat command on both mugs in the room. You get drunk and die horribly.

you cannot take the mug, just use it.

that is by the way a similarity with both the castle moat and the griffin.

Can't you kill the goblins in that room though?

Edit: apparently yes, you need to do something in the lab.  i wonder if you kill all 3 goblins if you can then collect the ale mug

Edited by drlight66

6 minutes ago, Ranari_Kai said:

Yes, you can kill them, but only in a process which kills you too. Its part of hidden death 10.

The method you're talking about, does it involve a lava-dipped hammer and Yorrick?

Btw i reported the new issues to contact.zojoi.com via e-mail, hopefully this all gets sorted out.  It sucks that they did fix seemingly the last issue but removed the previous fixes by presumably updating the wrong build of the game

Edited by drlight66

On 5/21/2020 at 5:15 PM, Ranari_Kai said:

You are correct about the lava hammer.

thanks by the way for the report. Lets see if they fix it.

Hey out of curiosity, are you playing the North American or PAL (Europe) version of the game?  It looks to me like the North American patches are larger in size than the PAL versions.

6 hours ago, Ranari_Kai said:

I am playing the EU version. But the game only has one version. There should not be any differences, or am I wrong?

According to PS4Patches.com, the U.S. and EU update packages are two different sizes with the U.S. being at 3.6GB (although i don't know what the overall filesize is since when someone downloads the game now it automatically includes the latest patch) and the EU version update package is 2.3GB.

https://ps4patches.com/CUSA06858

So if the game is 3.89GB on both versions, just wondering if the EU version overall filesize is somewhere around 6.2GB then?

I ordered the LimitedRunGames PS4 physical edition and I  really don't want to buy the game digitally on PS4 just to test things out, but that does seem weird to me that the update packages are two different sizes for the two regions, maybe the EU version is messed up while the U.S. version is fine?  Or the 1.03 update was for the wrong build?  I tried messaging that polkhigh1988 guy who Platinum'd it but haven't heard back yet.

Edited by drlight66

On 5/24/2020 at 4:02 AM, Ranari_Kai said:

The size of the EU download is 6,330 GB.

So i received an e-mail yesterday by Dave Marsh of Zojoi that Abstraction Games is looking into this.  I told him that the previous glitches fixed in the 1.02 patch have returned, but also told him that the North America and EU region patches are different sizes with the EU package being over a GB less in filesize which is weird and makes no sense since the initial install packages minus any patches are both 3.89GB.

It's possible the EU region was given a wrong build patch but i can't say for certain because i can't get any replies from anyone in North America who own the game.  I did get one useless reply from a twitch streamer on twitter and he won't answer my followup question lol

Edited by drlight66

Something's definitely wrong with the EU update, for some reason it's missing around 1.5GB of data and i'm thinking that data consists of the fixes from the previous patches that are now absent from the Europe 1.03 version that used to exist in the 1.02 version.

• 1 month later...

Hi!  So patch 1.04 just came out today for both Europe and North America regions.  Per Abstraction and Zojoi's Dave Marsh, everything should be working correctly now (hopefully!) lol.  I just got my LimitedRunGames PS4 copy in the mail today too.  You should give the game one last try