Very poor and lazy Remaster.

I agree. This "definitive edition" is unplayable for me with the audio issues.  People saying it's not an issue obviously haven't played it. It's apparent from the moment the game starts. Audio coming from one side of the earphone, audio out of sync and stuttering and that's only in the first cutscene.

• Like 3

The amount of bugs and glitches in this game is ridicolous. I had to replay almost all chapters at least once because an bug occured where i can't continue the mission. Right now i'm in chapter 14 and i need to give Bruno his money back, after i talked to him i'm stuck in an infinite loading screen. I allready replayed the chapter from scratch via chapter select, quit to the main menu, closed the application but nothing worked. I was so hyped about about the remaster but now i'm just disappointed.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SinisterPledge said:

Don't mind TJ_Solo, he just feels the need to be a white knight for every game/dev/publisher that gets criticized, regardless of whether your criticism is valid or not. Thank you for letting people know this title needs a patch before purchase.

I am more of a realist, maybe even a skeptic when it comes to these kinds of posts. 

Not automatically believing everything a poster says is not the same as defending a company or every company about everything. 

Don't pretend to know me just because you might have read a couple comments that got you in your feels. I asked two questions. I didn't defend shite. 

Well if the criticism isn't valid then that matter should be regarded.

I bought about 7 games last night and have Mafia 2 in my cart. I am really considering it but would rather play 1 and 2 in order since both are getting ported. I am reading topics about bugs and trophy issues out of true curiosity.

Edited by TJ_Solo
  • Like 3

I've just started chapter 2 and I'm thinking I wouldn't hold my breath for an audio patch. I think this is just a severe case of last gen audio and animation.

We've been spoiled by the audio quality and superior animation/motion capture of the current gen.

I remember many PS3 third party AAA games having glitched audio like this.

Don't think it's gonna get any better for this game.

Then again, I've never played the original Mafia 2. Maybe I'm wrong and they've worsened the audio.

Edited by LastMinuteSavior

1 minute ago, Jasko_SOA said:

Why the hell was this game free?? It just released? Or did you guys get it for free because you own it on steam already?

A mod locked the thread in the minute they pulled the game from the store, and now a lot of people are asking in other threads. But yeah, it was free in Malaysia store. It was.

Now on topic, yeah, this version is awful. I will wait for a patch. I don't remember any major issues in the PS3 version. I just remember my joy when I played it.

20 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

I've just started chapter 2 and I'm thinking I wouldn't hold my breath for an audio patch. I think this is just a severe case of last gen audio and animation.

We've been spoiled by the audio quality and superior animation/motion capture of the current gen.

I remember many PS3 third party AAA games having glitched audio like this.

Don't think it's gonna get any better for this game.

Then again, I've never played the original Mafia 2. Maybe I'm wrong and they've worsened the audio.

The audio is fine on PS3. And I'm pretty sure this is a PC port. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Br1anstrike3K said:

Well this is a bummer to hear considering I bought the $50 complete your collection from the mafia 3 menu figured it would be worth the $10 while the first game is $40 anyway... but sounds like I should’ve created that Malaysian account smh :/

How are you accessing this? I can't see this option at all on the menu? 

Edit: I figured it out. Has to be done on the US region. I missed the Malaysian store thing as well which sucks dick. If I had gotten that I could have picked up Mafia 1 as a physical. Guess this is the only option but I'll wait for a patch I guess

Edited by abhinandhan22

Well sucks to hear about that never played the PS3 version was looking forward to it, but it sounds like most of these problems can be fixed with a patch so I guess waiting out for it is the best option before buying.

Obviously the people who were responsible for making the remaster didn't give a shit about their own product.

They took the Ubisoft way of handling remasters. Just up the resolution from 720p to 1080p/4K, but don't bother to increase framerate or make any convenient changes.

7 hours ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

]Right now i'm in chapter 14 and i need to give Bruno his money back, after i talked to him i'm stuck in an infinite loading screen. I allready replayed the chapter from scratch via chapter select, quit to the main menu, closed the application but nothing worked. I was so hyped about about the remaster but now i'm just disappointed.

Omfg are you kidding me? I had the same bug 10 years back on PC (So fucking agonizing to deal with..)

..I can't believe this is still an issue 

5 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

The audio is fine on PS3. And I'm pretty sure this is a PC port. 

It all makes sense now

• Like 2

My experience in first 20 minutes:

• Sound is off and goes from the left speaker only. Patch should fix that.
  • Clothes do not have physics and are glued to the body - not sure if they will upgrade it.
  • Lightning in some parts of the game has to be fixed. One moment it is beautiful, and one moment you get junkie Vito who has seen some shit:
    iYPuv9_l9X_Up6L1lYJKxgidnouCtFgIjrapQbTq
Edited by ReoJee

8 hours ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

Right now i'm in chapter 14 and i need to give Bruno his money back, after i talked to him i'm stuck in an infinite loading screen.

As @demonoutcast already said this is an old bug. You just have to earn money by selling/scraping cars instead of robbing stores. But still very disappointing that they even ported the bugs.

Edited by woggly4