GUDGER666

Very poor and lazy Remaster.

175 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

33 minutes ago, GTAJJ said:

I have no idea what everyone is talking about

Jesus this is some Mars Attacks shit.. Straight up treading into AC Unity territory 😫

Edited by demonoutcast

7 minutes ago, GTAJJ said:

Weird flex but okay? At the same cost? And more importantly, the same value? Yeah, don't think so.

Ever play MMOs? MOBAs like League of Legends and DOTA 2? Plenty of people use custom desktops because they are the best option (probably the only real option) for livestreaming. They are very cost effective if you can afford them.

9 minutes ago, GTAJJ said:

On which 99% is greenlight, early access, money stealing, asset flipped shovelware. The actual greatest games are likely to appear on all systems.

First party matters, PS dominates that time and time again. Third party - what's the benefits of 3rd party on PC when we hear PC ports being terrible constantly. How about the 1st fastest, critically acclaimed titles such as GTA. Am I guaranteed to get one of the most anticipated games to arrive to PC along with everyone else? No I'm not.

In game. If I go on COD:

PC - Hackers

Console - Clear

GTA:

PC - Hackers

Console - Clear

PD2:

PC - Hackers

Console - Clear

You get the jist. Point is, there are clear benefits to both platforms and advertising PC gaming is "superior" isn't one of them, cheif.

You're just listing AAA games, not games that people have said served them well on Steam. Looking at just Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto is a very narrow mindset. Steam gamers learned their lesson with Batman: Arkham Knight when it released. Today it's a much better game on Steam.

Going back to Mafia II, it's clear the remaster was not ready for release, and that goes for all platforms. They should be ashamed of themselves.

23 minutes ago, GTAJJ said:

This is the "complete package" as deemed by Hangar 13, who have not only managed to ruin the IP but to now ruin its predecessor.

Looks worse than a $5 indie lmfao

Posted (edited)

I haven't played the Mafia 2 remaster yet but from memory, Mafia 2 on pc back in the day ran extremely well for that time period. I had no issues with the game whatsoever and was really looking forward to finally earning trophies on it. Oh well time to wait for an eventual patch. At least it was free so worst case I just want to experience the story again. Also I think a game's clunkiness and quality are totally different things. There are clunky games like deadly premonition that has a cult following and polished games that people dislike for other reasons. Mafia 3 was terrible because of its repetitive game design. I don't think anyone is even saying Mafia 2 is terrible because its clunky spaz. 

Side note: I am more concerned with the Mafia 1 remake since I never got to play the original and would really want to experience it properly now so I am hoping they do that properly

Edited by abhinandhan22

1 minute ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Mafia 3 was terrible because of its repetitive game design. I don't think anyone is even saying Mafia 2 is terrible because its clunky spaz. 

Mafia III's story was good (the main story anyway) and had a very strong start. Doing two playthroughs just to save or kill the racket bosses was what killed the fun factor.

Yeah I know, I was making a comment towards someone who felt Mafia II, or games of the early 2010s are clunky. Which to me, are anything but.

32 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Ever play MMOs? MOBAs like League of Legends and DOTA 2? Plenty of people use custom desktops because they are the best option (probably the only real option) for livestreaming. They are very cost effective if you can afford them.

I have but they aren't my thing. I specifically play strategy and simulation games (and other games when I play with friends on PC) on PC as they rarely come out for consoles. You're specifying livestreaming? Why? What has that got to do with games and its platform in general? Additionally you can easily live stream a console these days.

36 minutes ago, Spaz said:

You're just listing AAA games, not games that people have said served them well on Steam. Looking at just Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto is a very narrow mindset. Steam gamers learned their lesson with Batman: Arkham Knight when it released. Today it's a much better game on Steam.

They were examples of games that the masses buy and drive the industry forward. I regularly reference GTA since it is a world record flagship game and IP that single-handedly got 1 billion dollars in 3 days world record. And this was done by consoles alone since PC got it a year and a bit later. Which for me I find unacceptable. If I lay down serious money for a rig, I better expect the industry to deliver their end. Waiting around for sloppy seconds and paying more for that pleasure isn't my taste. The fact I platinumed GTA twice before PC got it is a joke. 

If I buy an 8K QLED TV and a brand new anticipated movie comes out but they have released it for cinema on 4K, you just wait until it comes out for 8K Bluray? What's the point? You NEED to experience it there and now, not years down the line when the media has been leaked out by then. It's about experiencing it fresh for me before getting 2nd hand data. The only thing that PC delivers is graphical fidelity over consoles. A game has so much more than that; narrative, gameplay, physics, audio and PC doesn't improve on that. Is it worth risking losing out on experiencing the whole package fresh for the sake of more pixels and frames? Is it worth having a inferior online experience full of hackers in that eco system? Is it worth gambling if it actually runs? For me no.

The ONLY way I can see PC being a true competitor for me is if I am guaranteed to get every top game day 1 like its console counterparts and not be a port. Batman Arkham Knight for example. It is simply unacceptable. Console networks at least have ruling and can add pressure to publishers.

Posted (edited)

30 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Mafia III's story was good (the main story anyway) and had a very strong start. Doing two playthroughs just to save or kill the racket bosses was what killed the fun factor.

Yeah I know, I was making a comment towards someone who felt Mafia II, or games of the early 2010s are clunky. Which to me, are anything but.

They're most surely clunky to people who didn't game back then.  For me I was so busy at that point in life with job, marriage, kid, etc that I didn't even touch a ps3 and barley a ps2 console.  I went straight from a n64 to ps4.  So when I go back and play games from 2010 and before most of them feel clunky as all hell. To you maybe they don't seem so bad because possibly you played alto at the time and get used to it.  I mean I grew up on a NES and honestly  I feel ps2 games were more clunky than it was but i'm guessing that is just because I was so use to the NES and barley played a ps2.  I remember playing N64 I never felt it was clunky either but i'm betting i would think so now after being spoiled with ps4.  It's all what we're used to.  However, I feel the early ps systems suffered majorly from  clunky control and gameplay. During the ps1and ps2 days i was a Nintendo guy all the way.  Gameplay mechanics felt so much better.  You give me 007 on n64 or something like red faction on ps2.  007 played better all day.

Edited by steel6burgh

2 minutes ago, GTAJJ said:

I have but they aren't my thing. I specifically play strategy and simulation games (and other games when I play with friends on PC) on PC as they rarely come out for consoles. You're specifying livestreaming? Why? What has that got to do with games and its platform in general? Additionally you can easily live stream a console these days.

Those kinds of games generally do not go well on consoles because you need a mouse and keyboard to input most commands in strategy games. Simulation games have fared a little better, particularly stuff like Farming Simulator 19 which is currently on Plus. They're fairly simple games to understand for the few people out there interested in them.

Stuff like Civilization VI isn't so easy. It's probably the weakest game in the franchise in my opinion, because it got simplified to attract a newer generation of fans. But that's not something I'm going to discuss in this thread.

PC custom desktops are generally the only real choice if you're going to stream regularly in good quality, whether it be PC games on Steam or on the consoles.

5 minutes ago, GTAJJ said:

They were examples of games that the masses buy and drive the industry forward. I regularly reference GTA since it is a world record flagship game and IP that single-handedly got 1 billion dollars in 3 days world record. And this was done by consoles alone since PC got it a year and a bit later. Which for me I find unacceptable. If I lay down serious money for a rig, I better expect the industry to deliver their end. Waiting around for sloppy seconds and paying more for that pleasure isn't my taste. The fact I platinumed GTA twice before PC got it is a joke.

Grand Theft Auto was always more of a console seller anyway, so most people already played those games by the time they shipped them to PC. The people that buy those desktops for gaming are probably not buying it for Grand Theft Auto. They're buying it to play other games, such as the MOBAs I mentioned.

7 minutes ago, GTAJJ said:

If I buy an 8K QLED TV and a brand new anticipated movie comes out but they have released it for cinema on 4K, you just wait until it comes out for 8K Bluray? What's the point? You NEED to experience it there and now, not years down the line when the media has been leaked out by then. It's about experiencing it fresh for me before getting 2nd hand data. The only thing that PC delivers is graphical fidelity over consoles. A game has so much more than that; narrative, gameplay, physics, audio and PC doesn't improve on that. Is it worth risking losing out on experiencing the whole package fresh for the sake of more pixels and frames? Is it worth having a inferior online experience full of hackers in that eco system? Is it worth gambling if it actually runs? For me no.

8K is completely overkill. I'm sorry but it's overkill. Anybody that goes and buys that television to experience that high of resolution probably got the money and are buying it for luxury purposes. 4K resolution is good enough.

You're missing the idea here. Those who buy an 8K QLED TV are graphic enthusiasts. But if the movie itself is a piece of shit, it doesn't matter if the resolution is 120p/240p CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) television quality. What am I missing out on if I don't experience it there and now? Most movies these days I find to be garbage anyway.

Well yes, games offer more than that, but PCs aren't just machines that deliver graphical fidelity. Again you're speaking about AAA games to be as gorgeous as they can get. We're talking about Mafia II which is a remaster of an older game from last gen which didn't get a proper remaster. The fact that we're arguing over this in the first place is ridiculous.

16 minutes ago, GTAJJ said:

The ONLY way I can see PC being a true competitor for me is if I am guaranteed to get every top game day 1 like its console counterparts and not be a port. Batman Arkham Knight for example. It is simply unacceptable. Console networks at least have ruling and can add pressure to publishers.

The PC was always it's own thing, it was never a true competitor. The reviews for Batman Arkham Knight were bad on Steam because the game wasn't optimized properly and it ran poorly. Today it runs a lot better, but judging by your demeanor that is already too late for you to wait.

I had a hunch that Mafia II wasn't going to run as well as it could of on the PS4. Getting the game for free off of the Malaysian store and then seeing shoddy performance like this is embarrassing. We can only hope there are some update files that will fix a lot of the glaring problems. I don't know if they're capable of improving the framerate, as that's not exactly a simple update to make.

58 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I genuinely didn't think the story was anything special either. I bought it on sale regardless of the poor reception mainly because everyone was hyping the story up. I used to consider myself as someone who could sit through a game with poor gameplay if the story was phenomenal but my god the story definitely did not make up for that piss poor gameplay imo. Mafia 2's story is a lot more memorable

Posted (edited)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand i got another bug, yayyy. I'm on the last mission in Jimmys Vendetta , you have to kill 3 guys before you can kill Hillwood. After i killed the third guy i instantly got the out of range/black screen error. All the solutions fpr it on youtube like this 

can't be done on PS4 cause they are only for pc. So what i tried is i changed the resolution on my ps4 to 720p, cleared the cache of the ps4 (just in case) which didn't work. then i tried the same with 1080i and it didn't worked either. Good job 2k/d3t...

Edited by TheRealHardyBoy1

12 hours ago, Spaz said:

Those kinds of games generally do not go well on consoles because you need a mouse and keyboard to input most commands in strategy games.

Exactly, which is why PC is my simulation/strategy machine but not my main gaming platform for the previous reasons. It depends on how much you're willing to sacrifice for the sake of a specific thing.

12 hours ago, Spaz said:

Grand Theft Auto was always more of a console seller anyway, so most people already played those games by the time they shipped them to PC. The people that buy those desktops for gaming are probably not buying it for Grand Theft Auto. They're buying it to play other games, such as the MOBAs I mentioned.

That's because timings matter. The highlighted part in your quote is the reason many people prefer consoles over PC. I would want to have a certain platform to play these games when they launch worldwide, not down the line. So far in my 20 years of gaming, I have missed 1 game that didn't come to my platform. Splinter Cell Conviction. As you expect by my name, GTA is one of my favourite series so I NEED to have a platform that will get me the next GTA and PC cannot guarantee that. There has been so many time where PC gets games later and as a "FOMO" I can't have that personally.

12 hours ago, Spaz said:

But if the movie itself is a piece of shit, it doesn't matter if the resolution is 120p/240p CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) television quality. What am I missing out on if I don't experience it there and now? Most movies these days I find to be garbage anyway.

Ah exactly, and on the flip side, if the game is already amazing does it warrant that the said game is more shiny? You experience the same everything but with more graphical fidelity. Does missing out on the fresh take of 95% of the game's pipeline warrant having more pixels? For me no.

If I were to choose PC as my main platform (not side as I am currently) I need enough personal warrant to justify giving up the current console benefits and laying down at least 3 times the amount of money to make the swap and as long as the Industry puts PC platforms last, I can't see myself ever doing that.

12 hours ago, Spaz said:

Today it runs a lot better, but judging by your demeanor that is already too late for you to wait.

Yes absolutely. I can accept mistakes and tiny issues that may have missed QA. Stuff like B:AK and broken trophies on Mafia 2 is clear evidence of them not QA'ing and deserve backlash in which I commend the PC community for doing. But yes, I'm those "Too little, too late". Even how NMS is a great game, too late. Should have been there from the start, it took loss of money to motivate you to change so no sympathy from me.

12 hours ago, Spaz said:

We can only hope there are some update files that will fix a lot of the glaring problems.

Agreed, well considering it's impossible to platinum I take there will be.

23 minutes ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

can't be done on PS4 cause they are only for pc. So what i tried is i changed the resolution on my ps4 to 720p, cleared the cache of the ps4 (just in case) which didn't work. then i tried the same with 1080i and it didn't worked either. Good job 2k/d3t...

Makes me feel I'm watching 2008 YT.

15 hours ago, GTAJJ said:

ImageImage

lol i had the same graphic bugs, but leo was looking to the opposite direction when it happened to me. It seems he just doesn't want to look into your eyes

16 hours ago, GTAJJ said:

ImageImage

My Raiders of the Lost Ark nightmares shall return to me tonight

How long do we think till a patch comes in?

Maybe they forgot to release a day 1 patch?  I see the game is on v1.01 but still, I think it's going to be a few days until we get an update.

Very poor performance, lackluster graphical upgrade, totally broken sound, graphical glitches in cutscenes, having to restart missions due to game breaking errors, unobtainable trophies.

This definitive edition is truly poor and lazy.

36 minutes ago, x7eight said:

Maybe they forgot to release a day 1 patch?  I see the game is on v1.01 but still, I think it's going to be a few days until we get an update.

1.01 is the first day patch - around 4gb worth of download over 46 gb of game files. And yeah, that did nothing much to the game. Guess we got to wait.

Posted (edited)

I fucking agree. What is this bullshit? A 10 year old game and we are still stuck at 30 fps ffs.

At least i got it for free.

Edited by XXIIlII

Has anyone tried to do the digital 1.0 downgrade to see if broken trophies would pop?

On 5/21/2020 at 1:23 AM, MrTacoNinja said:

Damn. Sucks to read about all these problems (and I'm sorry to all of you for having to experience it). I got Mafia 2 for free (the same way everyone else who got it for free got it) and I was looking forward to really digging into it once I get my 100% in Two Worlds II but damn, now I'm not so sure I want to play it at all. The only 2 things I wasn't looking forward to doing again was collecting the Wanted posters and Playboy magazines but I was willing to deal with it because I really liked this game when I played/platinumed/100%'ed it on the PS3 years ago. 

Saints Row 3 remastered? Hell fucking yeah, count me in! I sure wish they'd remastered all the Ratchet & Clank games or one of my all-time favorites, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. But I guess that wont happen because apparently EA wont allow it? Or some shit like that? Burn in hell EA!

The company that made KoA: Reckoning collapsed and put everyone involved in huge debt, including the actual Rhode Island government. It was a huge controversy, you should check it out if you're interested.

The single largest issue I'm facing with it is contending with the near constant stuttering I'm getting.

Outdoors it keeps randomly dropping way below even 30fps but indoors and sometimes in cars I was entering slideshow territory.

I've been getting the other glitches too, poor inconsistent audio going from really loud to whisper quiet; strange skin texture in cutscenes that can change from an unappealing non-detailed muddy look to detailed even down to pitting and that have shadows; a strange powerful pinkish glow from the sky that seems to wash everything out, sometimes with a kind of haze and some silly levels of pop-in where I've been across the road from whole buildings that have suddenly appeared or when I crashed into a parked car because it finally decided to make an appearance as I was a metre away from it.

I got 1,000G back on 360 with the original, thoroughly enjoyed it and I don't remember it playing anywhere close to this bad.

This hands down has to be one of the laziest and worst ports I've ever played and I've played a lot of crap over time just for fun. As far as I'm concerned, to me it's practically unplayable as-is even just on the basis of how I can't seem to even go more than either 20 seconds without severe stuttering or maybe 10 without minor stuttering.

Makes me feel less guilty about getting it for free... I'm totally kidding: I felt no guilt whatsoever!  😂

Damn, look how they massacred my boy.

Posted (edited)

9 hours ago, DieHardDavidN said:

I have never heard anyone refer to Ocarina Of Time as crap. It still often gets put in best games of all time lists and often tops best games of the N64 lists.

It's still a masterpiece. Spent countless hours and sleepless nights playing this with a friend in 1998 - 1999, back when kids had sleep overs and we'd call each other on the phone for an invitation.

Getting out of the Forest and into Hyrule after meeting that Owl, made me forever love the game. The tune that plays is one of the most memorable songs in video game history.

We basically messed around a lot, because back then walkthroughs were a lot harder to come by so we ended up discovering secrets within Hyrule by accident almost. I remember the shift from child Link to adult Link was quite a dramatic change. Made it to the Water Temple after dealing with the Forest Temple and Fire Temple respectively. Then got stuck for the longest fucking time, me and my friend didn't know what to do. Finally we had to push a certain block in a certain position to move forward, then we came to an area where you found a reflection of Link. We never played the NES era Legend of Zelda games and I had very little experience with Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past, so fighting Shadow Link was pretty epic stuff.

A long time later we finally got to the end where we fought Ganondorf and then Ganon, and going through that castle as it was collapsing. We did this over 20 years ago, and it is one of most cherished memories from my childhood playing a video game.

Nothing in the past year or so has matched that feeling of innocence and bliss.

Edited by Spaz