GUDGER666

Very poor and lazy Remaster.

172 posts in this topic

I made a comparison video with the original PC version...what do you guys think ?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Golem25 said:

We're not gonna put any effort into this remaster

 

Not gonna re-adjust the ridiculous 1000 mile Trophy

Not gonna play-test before release

Not gonna check if the Enforcer Trophy is, y'know, WORKING

Not gonna try and have audio sync properly

Not gonna fix any of the old glitches

Not gonna have the lighting working properly

Not gonna prevent shit like this from happening

Not gonna go over 30 FPS, not by a single frame.... in 2020

Not gonna do anything but slap the DLC onto the main game to earn the title 'Definitive'

 

But we are going to put our stupid mugs in the game as collectibles that were already a pain to begin with, just to cop our 15 minutes of undeserved fame and literally laugh at the player for putting up with our shit. Oh, and we are bringing them back for the remaster of the original game too.

 

These devs, man. Hangar 13 butchered the franchise with Mafia III, and now they've even managed to release a version of Mafia II that is worse than the original (which I liked, but definitely had issues already). In a time where studios are scuppered left and right, how are these people still in a job? Sunk cost fallacy on 2K's part? That useless hack Haden Blackman got the stockholders' balls in a vice grip? This is the second time in their short history that Hangar 13 have launched a game and again it's a broken mess (remember this video on III?). And let's not try and use D3t as a scapegoat; they only remastered the artwork.

I find it strange that pretty much all other sources that mention D3T claim that it was completely outsourced to them. 

I mean why would you even hire a complete studio only for an artwork 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2020 at 4:35 AM, GTAJJ said:

 

Weird flex but okay? At the same cost? And more importantly, the same value? Yeah, don't think so.

 

 

On which 99% is greenlight, early access, money stealing, asset flipped shovelware. The actual greatest games are likely to appear on all systems.

 

First party matters, PS dominates that time and time again. Third party - what's the benefits of 3rd party on PC when we hear PC ports being terrible constantly. How about the 1st fastest, critically acclaimed titles such as GTA. Am I guaranteed to get one of the most anticipated games to arrive to PC along with everyone else? No I'm not.

 

In game. If I go on COD:

PC - Hackers

Console - Clear

 

GTA:

PC - Hackers

Console - Clear

 

PD2:

PC - Hackers

Console - Clear

 

You get the jist. Point is, there are clear benefits to both platforms and advertising PC gaming is "superior" isn't one of them, cheif.

 

GTA V: Releases on PS3 with hackers filling every server. Rereleases a year later on PS4 with only an improvement in graphics instead of performance, and a yearly fee to play online. Rereleases on PC with improved performance and graphics, free online, and cited as one of the best triple-A ports to the PC platform. 

 

You chose a poor game to argue on. 

 

PD2: Terrible frame rate on PS3, around the 20s. Rereleases on PS4 years later with only an improvement in graphics, locked at 30fps, and with a yearly fee to play online. PC: free online, great performance on most any PC, and a pretty great anti-hacker system that autokicks whoever tries to cheat. 

 

COD: PS3 filled with hackers that will happily try to get you banned from these forums by auto-popping trophies for you. Pay a fee on PS4 to have that not happen to you. And not to forget, these last two games are first person shooters, games best played on keyboard and mouse. 

 

And this all from someone who plays on a five year old laptop, a laptop that can run games better than the standard PS4, and if the comparison has to be made to a Pro, we're talking about here; buying GTAV on PS3 if you want to experience the story first, buying GTAV again and a PS4 to experience it without hackers if you got the rerelease on day one, and then upgrading to Pro after all that. This isn't even taking into account the Epic Store gave the game away for free for PC players. And to make this relevant at all to the topic at hand, those who bought Mafia 2 on PC (I actually got it for free from Greenmangaming back in the day) got the rerelease for FREE (yes, including me who originally got it for free), those on console got completely screwed even if this version was absolutely perfect to a T. So an argument can't be made that the PC platform is more expensive. 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

Has anyone tried to do the digital 1.0 downgrade to see if broken trophies would pop?

I played the game on 1.00, the 1.01 patch released during my first play session. The 50 kill trophy was already bugged there

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A lazy, poorly optimised, cash grab remaster, stop me if you've heard this one before. Might as well just replay/buy the PS3 version, not holding out on Mafia 1 fairing any better at this point. Which is a damn shame, because that was always on the top of my list for a quality remaster.

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must concur, unfortunately, that this remaster is a bit of a mess. I love Mafia II, it was one of my favourite games for the Xbox 360 and PS3, so no issues there. However I'm only on Ch. 4 (been trying to get as many misc. out of the way early so I can blitz the story this weekend) and I have already had a plethora of issues/criticisms:

 

- Infinite saving and loading, causing me to restart Ch. 2 AND 3.

- Bug where I was stuck in Derek's office during Ch. 3 after beating up the workers for barber money

- 3 crashes/freezes causing a complete re-start

- Melee attacks are borderline broken. They either delayed to what the character model is actually doing, doesn't do the prompts, or failing a finishing move resets the fight completely.

- Enforcer achievement/trophy is unobtainable.

- Might just be me and lack of memory, but sprint camera SO much worse than in the OG game? I know it was always a bit of a weak point, but the head bob is nauseating.

- I think the world of Empire Bay looks noticably better, but character models look about the same. This isn't a huge deal for me, but I would have expected more polish even if it wasn't a fully re-rendered remaster.

 

Ultimately, there is no benefit to playing this ovver the 360 version. I will perservere as I wouldn't like leaving the game on 20% due to my OCD, but I kind of wish I hadn't started it. The story is so good that I'm sure I'll get back into it shortly.

 

One issue I'm glad I'm having on XB1 is that as of writing (3 days after launch), they have still only included the base list for 1000G. There are no achievements yet for Jimmy's Vendetta or Joe's Adventure, even though both DLC's are playable in their entirely. I'd be suprised if this wasn't addressed, but here is to hoping the forgot the XB1 DLC achievements - will save me 40 hours 😆

 

Edited by PhantomFear94
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So besides from the Framedrops every 2 seconds, what is the actual FPS target on the PS4 Pro? I've read it is supposed to be 60, whilst the normal PS4 is 30? Can anyone confirm this? 

 

I fail to understand why such information is never covered in most reviews. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seretonin_ said:

A lazy, poorly optimised, cash grab remaster, stop me if you've heard this one before. Might as well just replay/buy the PS3 version, not holding out on Mafia 1 fairing any better at this point. Which is a damn shame, because that was always on the top of my list for a quality remaster.

Mafia 1 is a remake 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The remaster sounds terrible but what surprises me is that it has a very high rating on the PS Store (4.5 out of 5) with 270 reviews.  I expected it to be in the 3 range with the state it is in.

 

I imagine they patch many of the issues (audio, bugs, graphical) but in the end it sounds like you would be no better playing this than the original version. I have both now and will decide once they do some clean up (likely IMO).

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are they gonna f** patch this mess? 

unplayable. Only left ear audio during cutscenes, constant frame drops.

R-E-F-U-N-D

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, djb5f said:

The remaster sounds terrible but what surprises me is that it has a very high rating on the PS Store (4.5 out of 5) with 270 reviews.  I expected it to be in the 3 range with the state it is in.

 

Probably because most of those ratings are people who got the game for free.

 

25 minutes ago, IKillYouDude9 said:

Are they gonna f** patch this mess? 

unplayable. Only left ear audio during cutscenes, constant frame drops.

R-E-F-U-N-D

 

Only good thing about this is the new artwork looks fairly good.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheNocturnalOwl said:

 

GTA V: Releases on PS3 with hackers filling every server. Rereleases a year later on PS4 with only an improvement in graphics instead of performance, and a yearly fee to play online. Rereleases on PC with improved performance and graphics, free online, and cited as one of the best triple-A ports to the PC platform. 

 

You chose a poor game to argue on. 

 

PD2: Terrible frame rate on PS3, around the 20s. Rereleases on PS4 years later with only an improvement in graphics, locked at 30fps, and with a yearly fee to play online. PC: free online, great performance on most any PC, and a pretty great anti-hacker system that autokicks whoever tries to cheat. 

 

COD: PS3 filled with hackers that will happily try to get you banned from these forums by auto-popping trophies for you. Pay a fee on PS4 to have that not happen to you. And not to forget, these last two games are first person shooters, games best played on keyboard and mouse. 

 

And this all from someone who plays on a five year old laptop, a laptop that can run games better than the standard PS4, and if the comparison has to be made to a Pro, we're talking about here; buying GTAV on PS3 if you want to experience the story first, buying GTAV again and a PS4 to experience it without hackers if you got the rerelease on day one, and then upgrading to Pro after all that. This isn't even taking into account the Epic Store gave the game away for free for PC players. And to make this relevant at all to the topic at hand, those who bought Mafia 2 on PC (I actually got it for free from Greenmangaming back in the day) got the rerelease for FREE (yes, including me who originally got it for free), those on console got completely screwed even if this version was absolutely perfect to a T. So an argument can't be made that the PC platform is more expensive. 


Let’s be real, PC easily has way bigger issues with modding and hacking than consoles. If that wasn’t the case, there wouldn’t be a need for all these invasive anti-cheat software like Denuvo. So in that regard, it is clearly more secure and fairer to play on a console.
 

And if you buy lots of First Party Sony games which are single player, you don’t need to buy PS Plus. Also let’s do a quick calculation for say the total cost of PS Plus and brand new PS4. Brand new PS4 when it came out was £350. PS Plus for a year costs £50. Having the PS4 for 10 years and PS Plus means you end up spending a total of £850 in 10 years. Also you get free games for having PS Plus and Epic only started free games in 2019. And many people do not like to use Epic games store because it still doesn’t have all the features of Steam. 
 

When you are going to upgrade to a brand new gaming laptop, it is easily going to cost you upwards of £1000. So I don’t get how PC can be cheaper. With the brand new consoles, the PS5 SSD will especially be a PC beating SSD and all Sony games will utilise it properly. With PC there will be a bottleneck since not every PC gamer will have an insane SSD already so the games aren’t going to be optimised for it. 60 FPS should also become a standard with these new consoles. Also the PS5 will probably cost like £450. So you clearly will have spent less money when going the console route. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Noskillzpro407 said:

Let’s be real, PC easily has way bigger issues with modding and hacking than consoles. If that wasn’t the case, there wouldn’t be a need for all these invasive anti-cheat software like Denuvo. So in that regard, it is clearly more secure and fairer to play on a console.

 

Obviously if you're going to play Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto on the PC then obviously there is going to be modding and hacking involved. People have known for a long time that those big budget games with multiplayer have had issues with hackers and modders on the PC. Currently the PS4 is pretty safe, but the last gen consoles are a haven for hackers because those systems are old.

 

15 minutes ago, Noskillzpro407 said:

When you are going to upgrade to a brand new gaming laptop, it is easily going to cost you upwards of £1000. So I don’t get how PC can be cheaper. With the brand new consoles, the PS5 SSD will especially be a PC beating SSD and all Sony games will utilise it properly. With PC there will be a bottleneck since not every PC gamer will have an insane SSD already so the games aren’t going to be optimised for it. 60 FPS should also become a standard with these new consoles. Also the PS5 will probably cost like £450. So you clearly will have spent less money when going the console route. 

 

A laptop isn't the best investment. A custom PC desktop is the best choice. There is literally a ton of guides out there on how to set one up, and what websites to purchase your parts from.

 

Much more is considered into a PC gaming computer, and I don't think a lot of gamers who exclusively game on the PC are just looking after the latest and greatest AAA games, like Ghosts of Tsushima, which is a Sony exclusive anyway. A console is more cost effective, but don't just cast the PC off as being a bad investment. Also how do you know Sony will utilize the PS5 properly? We don't know everything about that console just yet, we'll likely have to wait until this coming summer and fall to find out more information about it.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Spaz said:

 

Probably because most of those ratings are people who got the game for free.

 

 
I doubt it.  It wasn’t free long, you had to be actively online reading about the mess up, and you had to go through extra steps to get it.  I imagine most of those ratings are from legit buyers.

 

Plus the ones who got it for free seem to be the ones complaining most!

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, djb5f said:

 
I doubt it.  It wasn’t free long, you had to be actively online reading about the mess up, and you had to go through extra steps to get it.  I imagine most of those ratings are from legit buyers.

 

Plus the ones who got it for free seem to be the ones complaining most!

 

 

 

Of course, they got a shitty remaster. They gave the game a high rating because one of their favorite titles from when they played on the Xbox 360 finally came over to the PS4.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spaz said:

 

Of course, they got a shitty remaster. They gave the game a high rating because one of their favorite titles from when they played on the Xbox 360 finally came over to the PS4.

 

This reinforcing everyone uses ratings differently so they don't mean anything conclusive at all.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DaivRules said:

 

This reinforcing everyone uses ratings differently so they don't mean anything conclusive at all.

 

They apparently didn't read information online beforehand, because I expected this remaster to get three stars on the store page.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Spaz said:

 

They apparently didn't read information online beforehand, because I expected this remaster to get three stars on the store page.

 

They didn't have to, there are no requirements to ratings and no enforcement to use them uniformly. "Expecting" any results is expecting people to use ratings like you do, which has been proven over and over again is not the case.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DaivRules said:

 

They didn't have to, there are no requirements to ratings and no enforcement to use them uniformly. "Expecting" any results is expecting people to use ratings like you do, which has been proven over and over again is not the case.

 

I find the ratings worthless because they simply boil down to popularity. Mafia II was and still is a good game overall (original). People could of rated it high for anything, but I simply made the assumption that most of them bought it Day One, expecting it to be fun like it was on the PS3 and 360.

 

I've seen enough footage on YouTube and across social media (Twitter, etc) to see that this remaster is a goddamn trainwreck. I'm not paying for a product that is broken. It's simply unfinished. Really makes me wonder how the Mafia 1 remake is going to turn out.

 

Very lazy and poorly constructed remaster. I said everything I could say at this point.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This game is a reward for all those who glitched Explorer in original and lacked skill to get Millionaire legitimately. 

 

P. S. They should name plat in Mafia II DE - Pull a Luftrausers. 

Edited by PIOTREK27-1982
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just beat the game on Hard. Now to wait for a patch so I can actually go for the Platinum.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.