Very poor and lazy Remaster.

21 hours ago, Noskillzpro407 said:

Let’s be real, PC easily has way bigger issues with modding and hacking than consoles. If that wasn’t the case, there wouldn’t be a need for all these invasive anti-cheat software like Denuvo. So in that regard, it is clearly more secure and fairer to play on a console.

And if you buy lots of First Party Sony games which are single player, you don’t need to buy PS Plus. Also let’s do a quick calculation for say the total cost of PS Plus and brand new PS4. Brand new PS4 when it came out was £350. PS Plus for a year costs £50. Having the PS4 for 10 years and PS Plus means you end up spending a total of £850 in 10 years. Also you get free games for having PS Plus and Epic only started free games in 2019. And many people do not like to use Epic games store because it still doesn’t have all the features of Steam. 

When you are going to upgrade to a brand new gaming laptop, it is easily going to cost you upwards of £1000. So I don’t get how PC can be cheaper. With the brand new consoles, the PS5 SSD will especially be a PC beating SSD and all Sony games will utilise it properly. With PC there will be a bottleneck since not every PC gamer will have an insane SSD already so the games aren’t going to be optimised for it. 60 FPS should also become a standard with these new consoles. Also the PS5 will probably cost like £450. So you clearly will have spent less money when going the console route. 

I think the flaw in the argument of comparing the security of online on PS4 to PC is; it's on the developers. Rockstar is terrible at moderating their games, other developers are not. Dead by Daylight on PC is very good with hackers, you can play that game for a thousand hours and never see a single person cheating, obviously there are exceptions. So this isn't on PC improving to meet the standards of the PS4, this is the developers needing to improve so they don't have to fall back on the security measures consoles have in place. 

Now onto the cost. You can easily get a PC that runs better than the Pro under a thousand pounds, but let's say you can't to compare to your calculation better. So you spend eight hundred and fifty pounds in ten years on the PS4 excluding the games, in all that time you never had a computer for work or entertainment? And if you did that computer cost you around a hundred pounds if you didn't get the best graphics card, monitor, etc, and just specifically wanted to use it for work. So in the end you're just fifty pounds away from a thousand. So really you could have spent a thousand pounds on a computer, didn't need to pay all those online fees, and also had a machine to work on in all that time too. And if we consider you probably can get a computer that runs faster than the standard PS4 at three hundred and fifty pounds, you will also have five hundred pounds extra you can use to purchase games with, which would have just been an added cost onto the original PS4 calculation. And this isn't even considering the overall disappointment at the Plus games every month, or how the PS4 hasn't gotten ten years,  it has been given seven by the announcement of the PS5, so within those ten years if you want to upgrade that will be eight hundred pounds not accounting the Plus subscription, thousand and three hundred if you do. 

So I'm still not seeing how the consoles are less expensive. 

And for those who bought this Mafia 2 game on day one both times, that's eighty-five pounds. On PC: pay sixty pounds once, get the rerelease for free. This is the PS4 needing to improve to meet the standards of the PC, because it isn't impossible for a game to be shared across consoles, Hotline Miami can be played on PS4 if you have it on PS3, but there must be a flaw in the system where it requires it to be the same version, so owning the original digital copy of Mafia 2 won't click with the Definite Edition we have here. Actually for once maybe something that isn't on the developers. 

6 minutes ago, TheNocturnalOwl said:

Now onto the cost. You can easily get a PC that runs better than the Pro under a thousand pounds, but let's say you can't to compare to your calculation better. So you spend eight hundred and fifty pounds in ten years on the PS4 excluding the games, in all that time you never had a computer for work or entertainment? And if you did that computer cost you around a hundred pounds if you didn't get the best graphics card, monitor, etc, and just specifically wanted to use it for work. So in the end you're just fifty pounds away from a thousand. So really you could have spent a thousand pounds on a computer, didn't need to pay all those online fees, and also had a machine to work on in all that time too. And if we consider you probably can get a computer that runs faster than the standard PS4 at three hundred and fifty pounds, you will also have five hundred pounds extra you can use to purchase games with, which would have just been an added cost onto the original PS4 calculation. And this isn't even considering the overall disappointment at the Plus games every month, or how the PS4 hasn't gotten ten years,  it has been given seven by the announcement of the PS5, so within those ten years if you want to upgrade that will be eight hundred pounds not accounting the Plus subscription, thousand and three hundred if you do. 

So I'm still not seeing how the consoles are less expensive. 

I do not enjoy paying for PS+, the free games are seldom worth it and at best case they will be a replay option of something I had interest before but already bought years prior. Discounts through PS+ deals do not cover it at all. I would very much like the option of free playing online but opting out of payed version that comes with free games or deals. In the end if I'm forced to I'll get the yearly PS+ at an easter/xmas/black friday sale for 30-40 GBP if I have to. On a yearly level it is not terrible in terms of cost.

But all of that aside I think not a matter of cost (at least not entirely) - people prefer playing on the console. I think PS4 pro and now from the snippets and tech demos we saw of PS5 capabilities have excellent graphical fidelity and performance. Most often the case with poor(er) performance is in game optimization rather than the console - something 1st party exclusives that are very often GOTY material never have.

At any point I will acknowledge that a high-end PC with a 4k monitor and 2080TI will beat the console - yes it will and thus far the SSD's would wreck the load times on consoles. But the difference is not the difference between a, say, PS2 and a PS4 titles. And I won't throw a fit because the load screen in 30 seconds instead of 5.

Joystick, good 4k gaming tv (yes, yes it doesn't have 1ms refresh....), and plug and play. That is what a lot of people want and find perfectly acceptable. for ~400 GBP (say PS5 launch price) I get a one stop shop solution for everything I or any other person with the same interests needs. Good performance, excellent games (Mind, I think PS has far superior titles than Xbox/PC - but I get no joy from them being exclusive, I wouldn't mind you being able to experience H:ZD, TLOU, Uncharted or similar in all your 5080TI, light speed SSD, 8k, ms load, draw distance to the moon PC quality). But that level of PC will easily go above 1500 GBP mark.

For some it is just not necessary. For those that it is - go ahead and enjoy it.

Back to the topic - yes Mafia 2 is piss-poor remaster and obviously a cash grab. Broken far beyond just the trophies and with minimum effort invested - hoping that the goodwill of the title from before will rake in the cash. I just hope Mafia 1 remake goes above and beyond to redeem what they have done here, and that next gen will bring a Mafia 4 titles - with something new and interesting to revive the franchise.

• Like 1

I bet I just wait until all issues fixed before I proceed to play this game, it just a remastered works,yet hangar13/d3t/2k still can mess things up, I highly think mafia 1 remake will be like this too,lots of bugs and glitches(just like wwe 2k20,its the publisher 2k again!)

An interesting little point in my opinion on the framerate.

After seeing Digital Foundry's video I decided to hook up an OG PS4 and compare the difference and the framerate is night and day between them.

On my Pro I personally find it to be unplayable because the level of stuttering is obscenely high and it turns into a slideshow in buildings but on the OG PS4, whilst I'm still getting minor hiccups far more often than should be acceptable, I can actually play the game and in buildings I'm getting practically no slowdown at all.

Further to this, I've not noticed that horrible hazy pink glow that can overpower everything.

I wonder what exactly it is then that's caused it to run so much better on an OG PS4 compared to a Pro.

1 hour ago, VladimirKal said:

An interesting little point in my opinion on the framerate.

After seeing Digital Foundry's video I decided to hook up an OG PS4 and compare the difference and the framerate is night and day between them.

On my Pro I personally find it to be unplayable because the level of stuttering is obscenely high and it turns into a slideshow in buildings but on the OG PS4, whilst I'm still getting minor hiccups far more often than should be acceptable, I can actually play the game and in buildings I'm getting practically no slowdown at all.

Further to this, I've not noticed that horrible hazy pink glow that can overpower everything.

I wonder what exactly it is then that's caused it to run so much better on an OG PS4 compared to a Pro.

I'm pretty sure that the game run on 60FPS on PS4 Pro compare to OG/Slim PS4 30FPS, maybe that's why the game run horribly on PS4 Pro.

3 hours ago, pokwey said:

I'm pretty sure that the game run on 60FPS on PS4 Pro compare to OG/Slim PS4 30FPS, maybe that's why the game run horribly on PS4 Pro.

Not quite. All versions of the game are capped on 30fps according to Digital Foundry.

On 5/23/2020 at 3:09 PM, ImMagnetz said:

As is evident in my previous message, (http://prntscr.com/smlug6), 2K CLEARLY DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE ISSUES WE'VE BEEN EXPERIENCING IN THEIR REMASTER. They treat it as a joke. How disappointing that such a great game series is being handled my such a horrible, incompetent developer. Shame on you, 2K.

So... the support had a little roleplay fun while telling you they're working on a patch.  Get a sense of humor?

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, LordWikii said:

Not quite. All versions of the game are capped on 30fps according to Digital Foundry.

I read on pushsquare review of the game saying that it's "On PS4 Pro, the title appears to aim for 60 frames per second...", I stand corrected. Anyway, here's hoping 2K fix the game ASAP, I'd really love to play the game again.

3 hours ago, kenseizenkai said:

I'll just stick with my Mafia II Platinum Edition copy for PS3. Imho, it's still the best version.

81kwlpQMcqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

It clearly is not. I played all of the 3 original versions, ps3 version was the weakest by far. Haven't played the xbox and pc version of the definitive edition so far but conisdering all the glitches the best version will probably still be the 2010 pc version.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, westersburg said:

It clearly is not. I played all of the 3 original versions, ps3 version was the weakest by far. Haven't played the xbox and pc version of the definitive edition so far but conisdering all the glitches the best version will probably still be the 2010 pc version.

I meant between PS3 & PS4 versions, Director's Cut/Essentials/Greatest Hits/Platinum version for PS3 is better. You don't have to dl anything (except patch), all story dlcs are accessible from the main menu. 

8 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

So... the support had a little roleplay fun while telling you they're working on a patch.  Get a sense of humor?

Well, in hindsight, perhaps I shouldn't be quite so upset about it. I mean, honestly, I did laugh at first, but then the more I thought about it, the more frustrating it became that so many people are having issues with this remaster and, from this response, it almost feels like they aren't taking those issues seriously, you know? I'm all for a laugh but, at the end of the day, myself and many others have paid for a game that is, in many ways, broken.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2020 at 5:15 PM, steel6burgh said:

It said all they were doing was improving textures and that it was basically just a port and from what I hear Saints Row 3 remastered is going to be the same and they're asking 39.99 for that garbage.

You should do your reasearch before making claims. Saints Row 3 is an actual remaster with redone visuals and textures, updated resolutions, and minor framerate enhancements.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ImMagnetz said:

Well, in hindsight, perhaps I shouldn't be quite so upset about it. I mean, honestly, I did laugh at first, but then the more I thought about it, the more frustrating it became that so many people are having issues with this remaster and, from this response, it almost feels like they aren't taking those issues seriously, you know? I'm all for a laugh but, at the end of the day, myself and many others have paid for a game that is, in many ways, broken.

Well yeah, obviously they fucked up bigtime with both mafia 2 and 3. By all means, be pissed at the guys in charge for that. 

Just gotta remember, the support guy has no control over it.  Even though it is a little tongue-in-cheek, he did say "upcoming patch announcement", so light at the end of the tunnel at least ??