Was Jimmy’s Vendetta Explorer exploit fixed?

Just now, MrTacoNinja said:

I don't think it matters because I noticed (and I remember it doing it on the PS3 as well) that once you get to a certain point for some reason once the speedometer hits approximately 70 it resets back to zero, over and over again. 0-70, reset. 0-70, reset. Etc. I hope this makes sense the way I explained it?

Yeah I edited my post to include that info while u was replying :) but like I said in the edit it's faster but alot more boring to actually drive the 1000 miles because you can maintain speed

7 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Yeah I edited my post to include that info while u was replying :) but like I said in the edit it's faster but alot more boring to actually drive the 1000 miles because you can maintain speed

What myself and many others have always wondered: why make such a horrible trophy like this at all?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

What myself and many others have always wondered: why make such a horrible trophy like this at all?

It seems to me game developers love to put in a big F.U. to the players sometimes for example flappy goat in the goat simulator game, or the race on classic difficulty in mafia definitive edition, or this in mafia 2 lol there's many in many games lol

Flappy Goat suuuuuucked! So anyway, went to bed, woke up 5 hours later to take a piss. Before heading back to bed I went to check to see if the glitch was still running smoothly and sure enough, this piece of shit game had already kicked me to that whole "report a problem" screen. I have no idea when, exactly, it had kicked me but I guess leaving it running all night while I sleep or while I'm out and about doing other things is out of the question.

2 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Flappy Goat suuuuuucked! So anyway, went to bed, woke up 5 hours later to take a piss. Before heading back to bed I went to check to see if the glitch was still running smoothly and sure enough, this piece of shit game had already kicked me to that whole "report a problem" screen. I have no idea when, exactly, it had kicked me but I guess leaving it running all night while I sleep or while I'm out and about doing other things is out of the question.

I think I only had that happen once maybe was a fluke? 

16 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:
 I've reached a multiplier of 10 twice so far and have yet to receive the trophy (Faster than LIght) for it. Is it buggy?

Are you doing this in the explorer glitch? Don't think that works but not sure but what I did was go to the house (appartment behind the building) there should be a few cars( like 4)  in the lot back here walk to front of building and steal cars around the area but don't stray too far or it won't work and park them in that lot till you have 10 or 11 or more if u wanna be sure and pack then together then start living grenades and then start blowing tanks with the shotgun when ur out of grenades and be fast as possible 

Just want to share my experience with this asinine trophy exploit.

So, started the exploit yesterday and it works fine. Stuck the R1 button so that the game woundn't pause itself and left the dualshock plugged on a USB, so it wouldn't turn itself off.

Left the thing running, and going back and checking: yes, it was working and some hours later I had 300 miles done. Awesome.

So I just left and came back hours later. The game was still doing its thing, but the DualShock wasn't responding, Tryed everything: reseting the controler, with or without USB cable, tryed with another DS4, jumped the PS4 to rest mode and back to see if would fix things: nothing, I had no control over the game anymore.

The last resort was a hard reboot which got me to a "serious error occurred". In the end, I had to "restore system settings" through safe mode and this means I have now lost every save game that wasn't updated to PS+ (there were a couple, tons of screenshots and videos, plus 500 hours of Gran Turismo Sport content) . All of those things were nuked to oblivion. The games remained installed, tough.

The error probably happened because I had to hard reset the console, but getting it stuck without any control input for sure was caused by Mafia 2. So be aware and try to make your exploit sessions on small bursts, always saving progress through the options menu.

EDIT: the dumb ass d3t developers felt ok to bombard the game with 30 more wanted posters on that collectible trophy that had originally 159, which is already more than enough. No thought was given to lower this stupid 1000 miles requirement on such a small map and small DLC. This is the most half assed remaster I've played and the last d3t work in my life.

Edited by wowbagger_84
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Exploit works, but I would advise doing it in 4 hour sessions

I left my PS4 pro running for 12 hours with the car happily falling through the map. Decided to check on progress and it was still working fine. Thought it would be prudent to save to the checkpoint and give the machine an hour to cool down. On saving the game went into blue screen crash error. Upon reloading all of the miles accumulated over the 12 hours had not been saved and so I am back to where I was yesterday evening. Not the worst thing in the world, but an annoying waste of eleccy.  As it had no problem when I left it on for 4 hours when I was doing the same stunt to get the million points, I think its probably advisable to limit the time you leave the machine unattended. At least you dont have to use a turbo controller like on the ps3 

Overall I did not find the game too glitchy and as its one of my favourite games ever I will forgive its occasional crashes, but I would suggest shorter chunks of time for this would be a good move. Once you get to about 800 miles I reckon you can probably just leave it running as the trophy will pop before you need to save and so 12 hours will give you the extra 200 needed.

• 2 weeks later...

So I tried this last night the moment I was able to drive around on the map.

And I had the following experience:

- no pause happened

- zero lag or frame drops. I monitored the first 2 hours without touching my controller.

- I went to bed and 7 hours later RIP.

- I got the millionare trophy but..

I was still falling without lag but the moment I opened the menu and turned subtitles OFF to get a save in I got a blue screen... this was all tested on a PS4 Pro which is still under 3 years old

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

How long would you say it takes? 

For an hour and 30 min of game time yesterday I got to 75 miles. I think I could reach 200 today but it's so boring I might try the glitch tomorrow. I'm doing 5 laps between missions and hands down this is the worst dlc with the worst trophies I've ever played.

14 minutes ago, sk_lp_him said:

For an hour and 30 min of game time yesterday I got to 75 miles. I think I could reach 200 today but it's so boring I might try the glitch tomorrow. I'm doing 5 laps between missions and hands down this is the worst dlc with the worst trophies I've ever played.

I feel you. I've bought Mafia 2 and already got some trophies and later on I read about how shit these DLC's are. As a completionist I want it 100% but atm I can't even play my damn ps4 thanks to this shit glitch which takes forever :")

Woahh... Niiice... Hold on tight! Whoahh Niiice Whoahh. Started the glitch with 255 miles and 3 and a half hours later got the Millionaire and the total miles now are 327. I think that's not good enough and I'll just drive the rest of it.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 8/14/2020 at 6:37 PM, tranquilu said:

My friend got 1073 and the game froze. No trophy popped. Does anyone know why?

I don't intend to bump this thread but I didn't find a solution to the issue stated by @tranquilu.

I've encountered a similar problem in that I surpassed the 1000 miles but did not earn the trophy. The game did not freeze on me. What I had to do was to save the game, close the app and restart it. When I entered a car the trophy popped. 

• Like 3

On 03/12/2020 at 0:45 PM, Deluziion90 said:

How long would you say it takes? 

I dunno I've never timed it, but it's nowhere near as long a grind as most games. I've done it for the Steam version and PS3. If they ever fix the glitches in the PS4 version I'll do that too ? such a great game.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RedDevil757 said:

I dunno I've never timed it, but it's nowhere near as long a grind as most games. I've done it for the Steam version and PS3. If they ever fix the glitches in the PS4 version I'll do that too 1f601.png such a great game.

Already got it few months now :P. I do know I still need some therapy after that grind. I've driving for hours lol

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just did over 1000 miles and trophy didn't pop. After I decided to return to last checkpoint the game just crashed (blue screen). Any tips?

EDIT:

I noticed that the game didn't crash after I did 100km. So I just returned to last chekpoint and stats have been saved.

Problem solved - TIP:

You have to save game manually by changing brightness or text subtitles. Then restart game by loading last checkpoint. The stats will save then.

Edited by radq

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...