Unable to connect

• 2 weeks later...

I just loaded the game up there and managed to play a Botzone game just fine.

It did look like there was some sort of update to the terms and conditions that flashed on the screen when I loaded it up though, and it gave me a joker valor card and said it would give me another card "when they had seen what I can do" as if I hadn't ever played the game before, so maybe that's causing the connection issue for some people.

I just checked the game and got a message to always connect which is weird. I'm downloading the update to confirm the online issues. I'm glad I got the Platinum when I did but I always get mad when I see stuff like this happen.

EDIT: I tried all three modes in public multiplayer and got a message that matchmaking services have failed. So I think the servers are dead.

Edited by POEman553

This has happened before, so there's hope it's not an actual server shutdown, but rather just a temporary issue: 

It would be unlike Sony to not announce a server shutdown. They're one of the few companies who have a policy to give a certain amount of days notice of a server shutdown. They did that with Killzone 2 & 3, so I don't see why they wouldn't do that with this game.

• Like 2

I guess it has been confirmed Sony shutdown the servers with no warning. According to this article https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/playstation-quietly-shuts-down-a-games-servers-with-no-warning/ PlayStation Support confirmed the servers were shutdown. I have the platinum on my old account, and was planning to get the platinum again this summer, until this unfortunate news arrived. Very unlike Sony to not give a notice about server shutdowns. I am going to get the online trophies of Unit 13 again, before they shutdown those servers next with no notice.

18 minutes ago, x7251 said:

I guess it has been confirmed Sony shutdown the servers with no warning. According to this article https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/playstation-quietly-shuts-down-a-games-servers-with-no-warning/ PlayStation Support confirmed the servers were shutdown. I have the platinum on my old account, and was planning to get the platinum again this summer, until this unfortunate news arrived. Very unlike Sony to not give a notice about server shutdowns. I am going to get the online trophies of Unit 13 again, before they shutdown those servers next with no notice.

Comicbook.com are about as far away from being a credible source as you can get so take everything they say, with a bucketful of salt. Sony's customer support don't even know which way is up, most of the time so also can't be taken seriously. Like Potent said, if the servers are still down in a week, then we can start worrying so until then, this should be considered to be nothing more than a temporary glitch. If Sony have done the dirty on us, then I'll will rip them to pieces but we have no credible confirmation yet that the servers have been officially switched off, beyond some second or even third-hand reporting from a garbage website (comicbook.com) that's notorious for talking out of its ass.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

I got Platinum trophy only couple months back. For me, the MP servers worked maybe 50% of time when I tried, so just keep trying. I'm pretty sure they did not shut them down. Either way, if you need to finish up online trophies, do it as soon as possible.

• Like 1

I really hope Sony didn't just pull an Activison and shut the servers down with no warning. Even if nobody played the game, it's common decency to give you at least some sort of a heads up. I'll try to launch the game and see what I get.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kishnabe said:

Does Botzone Still work for some mp trophies?

Hoping Sony does push this back up.

Works for all but Well-rounded and Noob. If you don't have those and the servers don't come up, you're locked out of the platinum.

• Like 1

Welp, another game's MP bites the dust without a heads up.  I really do hope that this is temporary, but if not this really blows for people that recently started this game up.  I've been putting off the 100 matches trophy for the longest time and that will be the priority if the servers boot back up.

I am playing ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 on vita and am reading this made my stress level go up.

Luckily I did killzone earlier this year but how long will the vita be online I still want another 10 games with online trophies

2 hours ago, Tothoro said:

Works for all but Well-rounded and Noob. If you don't have those and the servers don't come up, you're locked out of the platinum.

Doesn't Aces high need a server connection as well? Or is there a way to do it offline?