Tip for the races - use the character ‘Griffin Turner’

1 hour ago, yowzagabowza said:

Thanks, I don't know a thing about this game, but this will definitely help when I get around to it

Definitely one of the best LEGO games, since it incorporates new combat techniques and features, like the dojo challenges. 

14 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Definitely one of the best LEGO games, since it incorporates new combat techniques and features, like the dojo challenges. 

This is the only LEGO game I’ve ever played so my experience is limited, but I have to agree this is a fantastic game! Extremely fun and relaxing. If the other games are anything like this, you can count me an instant fan. ?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

This is the only LEGO game I’ve ever played so my experience is limited, but I have to agree this is a fantastic game! Extremely fun and relaxing. If the other games are anything like this, you can count me an instant fan. 1f601.png

LEGO Chima and Ninjago for Vita were pretty decent. Lego Avengers is definitely one of my favorites. Lego Star Wars is pretty fun (though buggy as all hell). I definitely hate Lego Batman 3 though. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

LEGO Chima and Ninjago for Vita were pretty decent. Lego Avengers is definitely one of my favorites. Lego Star Wars is pretty fun (though buggy as all hell). I definitely hate Lego Batman 3 though. 

I’ll do a bit of research and see what’s out there. I’d definitely be into LEGO Star Wars or Harry Potter or something like that. I have heard these games are notorious for glitches though. ☹️

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

I’ll do a bit of research and see what’s out there. I’d definitely be into LEGO Star Wars or Harry Potter or something like that. I have heard these games are notorious for glitches though. 2639.png

Haven't played Star Wars Clone Wars yet (I have it rented), but the major bug for Force Awakens is the lightsaber battle. It can glitch out where you're not able to continue the fight, forcing you to restart the whole level. I have yet to try Harry Potter yet (though i have it bought). The cool thing about Lego games is you can play with other PSN users using shareplay!

It is always a good idea to backup savegames on USB and PS+ regularly when you play a LEGO game. One time backup on USB and next time on PS+ or another stick and so on.. after every level or two just in case.

And yes, you can share play them BUT still all you get is split screen so it does not matter. 

Also all newer LEGO games (at least after "Jurassic World" on PS4) realise which player/account is player one. Because of this many trophies do unlock for player 1 and not for player 2. This trick helped with those "old LEGO games" on PS4: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/5536392-post11.html

General on topic: In every LEGO game featuring "Speedsters" use them and do not use vehicles because they are just inferior in comparison.

Edited by Geridian
Logic issue fixed

• 1 month later...

To add to your tip I'd like to add a tip of my own and a little reminder in regards to Speedster characters.

Reminder:
-----------
Speedster characters can run on water and quicksand so keep that in mind when doing any races involving these two things. Why use a jet ski when you can run on top of the water? Why jump and platform over quicksand when you can just run on top of it completely bypassing all the platforming needed to get to the other side? Etc., etc.

Small Tip:
-----------
I found it very awkward and uncomfortable trying to jump with Cross18x18.png while continuously holding circle18x18.png so what I did is went into Settings at the XMB screen, clicked on Accessibility, scrolled down to Button Assignments and changed circle18x18.png to R2.png. Change it to whatever button you feel most comfortable with. This helped to make the few trickier races a lot more manageable.

16 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

To add to your tip I'd like to add a tip of my own and a little reminder in regards to Speedster characters.

Reminder:
-----------
Speedster characters can run on water and quicksand so keep that in mind when doing any races involving these two things. Why use a jet ski when you can run on top of the water? Why jump and platform over quicksand when you can just run on top of it completely bypassing all the platforming needed to get to the other side? Etc., etc.

Small Tip:
-----------
I found it very awkward and uncomfortable trying to jump with Cross18x18.png while continuously holding circle18x18.png so what I did is went into Settings at the XMB screen, clicked on Accessibility, scrolled down to Button Assignments and changed circle18x18.png to R2.png. Change it to whatever button you feel most comfortable with. This helped to make the few trickier races a lot more manageable.

Excellent tips, very helpful! Thanks for your contribution. I wasn’t aware you could run on water with this character either. That could certainly come in handy at many locations of the game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 01/08/2020 at 11:50 PM, Viper said:

I want to add that you can create a character right at the beginning of the game that can use a weapon that gives Super Speed. You don't have to wait to unlock anyone. 

Which weapon is that?