Daily Challenge??!

Botty

On 5/20/2020 at 8:00 PM, The_Retro_Maniac said:

How long do these challenges take? It's on sale right now for a cheap price and it has a Crash/Sonic racing type vibe to it.

i just got it cheap on sale also. it is a grind though, be warned.

On 5/20/2020 at 9:04 AM, A_Tennis_Giraffe said:

You had me panicking there when I read the title - I was thinking maybe they'd shut the servers off or something and I still have this in the backlog. Was even thinking just last week that what if they stop daily challenges without warning! Glad that's not the case 1f643.png

i didnt realise you had to press O to go back to main screen LOL! 

FYI the daily challenges are not actually online; they are randomly generated based on the date in your PS4's system clock. You don't need to worry about them be shut down since these are actually completely offline. This also means that you can do the 7 Daily Challenge trophy in 1 day by just changing your system clock 1 day ahead after doing each daily challenge.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, BalefulFrog said:

FYI the daily challenges are not actually online; they are randomly generated based on the date in your PS4's system clock. You don't need to worry about them be shut down since these are actually completely offline. This also means that you can do the 7 Daily Challenge trophy in 1 day by just changing your system clock 1 day ahead after doing each daily challenge.

They are?! Wow ok, I hadn't looked that deeply into it so never knew any of this. Thanks for the info, that's great to know!

• 1 year later...

this definitely works, i got the trophy that way.

i attemoted it legit a few times before and often had troubles with some events ... especially the randomly generated boost blitzes can be painful.

so i thought about the following yet havent tried it out because i didnt have any issues with the 7 challenges i got

do the first challenge

upload your save to the cloud / usb

change date 1 day ahead

do challenge and repeat until done

BUT if youre hit with a challenge you cant complete simply redownload your last save file and start the game back up ... since challenges are generated randomly you hopefully will end up with a different challenge without losing your progress...