Golem25

Malaysian owners represent!

71 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

Did it ever occur to you that people celebrate this much BECAUSE many publishers are such greedy bastards and its funny to see them accidentally give something away for once instead of overmonetizing to an absurd degree? 2K is as greedy as it can get, so why should anyone feel bad about costing them money?

 

Exactly! Thank you.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took advantage of this bug and since a have multiple accounts from multiple regions I got the game for free 10 times. Gonna sell those and get some easy money 

4 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

I'm surprised they didn't reverse the transactions.  It happened once before where a game was listed free by accident and Sony did something to block access to those who downloaded it

Once you buy it they can't remove your game. It is their mistake not ours

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ribbed_tissue said:

I took advantage of this bug and since a have multiple accounts from multiple regions I got the game for free 10 times. Gonna sell those and get some easy money 

Once you buy it they can't remove your game. It is their mistake not ours

They actually can lol. It's possible for them to revoke your license which has happened before

20 minutes ago, Nighcisama said:

Did it ever occur to you that people celebrate this much BECAUSE many publishers are such greedy bastards and its funny to see them accidentally give something away for once instead of overmonetizing to an absurd degree? 2K is as greedy as it can get, so why should anyone feel bad about costing them money?

Also why would anyone not celebrate something that was free. Its not like people stole the game or something. Making use of a glitch is definitely not on the consumers. It's not like 2k is a small indie dev either and even if it was, I'm sure Sony would compensate for the loss in sales if the error was on their side. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Golem25 said:

It's a shame to see some community members rag on other posters, and indeed on video game enthusiasts as a whole, purely because everyone tumbles over eachother to get a free game whenever a listing is erroneously filed. Couldn't resist taking a cheap shot, huh?

 

If you want to talk greed, talk about microtransactions, (online) games being designed with a grind in mind to promote the spending of currency to get ahead, pre-order bonuses, annual releases, cheaply-made remasters, endless DLC, and so on. Oh, wait, Take Two (who I believe still own 2K) have dabbled in all of those things and more! But no, I'm sure having a bit of a cheer when you get a free game from a faulty listing is just as bad. I'm sure the reputation of hobbyists everywhere is now tainted even further because a few guys on a niche forum grabbed a game when it was put up on a storefront for free.

 

We'll see if our access will get revoked. It'll be little sweat off my back, I probably never would have bothered with this game had it not been free what with having played the original. But please, if you want to make a half--assed point about morals at the expense of your fellow posters, do it elsewhere.

 

Nothing is truly free. But that's another discussion for another day.

 

The game from what I've seen so far is a pretty lazy remaster. One trophy is currently glitched and nobody has the platinum. Someone was saying nobody has all the achievements on Xbox One either due to the same problem.

 

I guess by what people meant free on the Malaysian Store, you get a game that is a lazy remaster of a game from 10 years ago, with sound not working correctly, cutscenes not rendering correctly, and optimization being very poor.

 

This isn't any different from how Ubisoft handles remasters. They release games from last gen to attract people who only have a PS4, who didn't play the games beforehand, then find out there are bugs and glitches in the new versions (Assassins Creed 3 Remastered and Assassins Creed Liberation Remastered).

 

That kind of crap I wouldn't get for free anyway. In this case people got what they paid for, shitty work done by those who couldn't be bothered to properly remaster an older game.

Edited by Spaz
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spaz said:

 

Nothing is truly free. But that's another discussion for another day.

 

The game from what I've seen so far is a pretty lazy remaster. One trophy is currently glitched and nobody has the platinum. Someone was saying nobody has all the achievements on Xbox One either due to the same problem.

 

I guess by what people meant free on the Malaysian Store, you get a game that is a lazy remaster of a game from 10 years ago, with sound not working correctly, cutscenes not rendering correctly, and optimization being very poor.

 

This isn't any different from how Ubisoft handles remasters. They release games from last gen to attract people who only have a PS4, who didn't play the games beforehand, then find out there are bugs and glitches in the new versions (Assassins Creed 3 Remastered and Assassins Creed Liberation Remastered).

 

That kind of crap I wouldn't get for free anyway. In this case people got what they paid for, shitty work done by those who couldn't be bothered to properly remaster an older game.

But that's not the point. The quality of the game is not relevant to those questioning the morals of those who took advantage of the glitch. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp, I got it for free. I have no shame and could give 2 fucks. I've spent thousands so to get a game for free (and not that useless Plus garbage every month) felt damn good. 

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, abhinandhan22 said:

But that's not the point. The quality of the game is not relevant to those questioning the morals of those who took advantage of the glitch. 

 

They got a crappy remaster of an older game they can't finish anyway until there is a patch for it. I don't think there were more than a few handful of people out there who added this game on their download list from the Malaysian Store. The number is pretty minimal the way I see this going.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got it for free as well. I've sponsored 2K enough by buying their games over the years.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I am not going to make a Malaysian account just to get a lazy and buggy rehash of a game that I have not even finished yet in its better iteration on the PS3. But to those who did, you have my blessing and I hope you will receive a patch at some point.

 

But considering how 2K will probably take a major financial blow from this temporary mistake on the storefront of a single country for a single game, they will probably just go under instead. We should all join hands and say a prayer for them :<

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ribbed_tissue said:

Once you buy it they can't remove your game. It is their mistake not ours

 

They did remove Yakuza 5 though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was late, I hope the game gets a discount so I can buy it. Mafia 2 is a great game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

But considering how 2K will probably take a major financial blow from this temporary mistake on the storefront of a single country for a single game, they will probably just go under instead. We should all join hands and say a prayer for them :<

 

2K is a cesspool of a company so this probably meant nothing to them. But I already know you're half joking.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spaz said:

2K is a cesspool of a company so this probably meant nothing to them. But I already know you're half joking.

Only half? You're giving me too much credit ;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gosh, are people jealous from other players that took advantage of a glitch?

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sony / 2K are taking us for idiot by "giving" us Mafia 3 as a PS+ game a few months ago... and then never having any discount on the season pass !

 

Mafia 3 complete edition is very often at the same price, or even cheaper than the season pass alone ....

 

So i'm glad some could take advantage of this mistake !!! Would love if I could take it too (but too late ^^')

 

INSTANT KARMA ! :eyebrow:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got it and i don't care, there fault on having it free :D 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice.

 

got it myself. Dont remember missions being so damn hard

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ribbed_tissue said:

I took advantage of this bug and since a have multiple accounts from multiple regions I got the game for free 10 times. Gonna sell those and get some easy money 

Once you buy it they can't remove your game. It is their mistake not ours

 

1.They can revoke your purchase or license if they want to as it was gotten due to a technical glitch and wasn't actually paid for.

 

2.i wouldn't post about selling accounts etc as that's what gets you a perm from the site. 

Edited by Ultraxian
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, shadowhood1111 said:

Nice.

 

got it myself. Dont remember missions being so damn hard

 

We are older now. I experienced this in many games from times when I was younger. Aging is not for Cowards, we need to be taff.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got it for free, so don't care either way, they will fix it i'm sure of this. And also i 100% the PS3 version of it good game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ultraxian said:

 

1.They can revoke your purchase or license if they want to as it was gotten due to a technical glitch and wasn't actually paid for.

 

2.i wouldn't post about selling accounts etc as that's what gets you a perm from the site. 

You just jealous lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.