cometowner

Playing US DLC in EUR Account

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I would like to know is it possible I can download DLC in US account however I will play it in my region account which is likely EUR?

Simply:

I have the UAE/EUR account which I am using to play and earn the trophies. I have started and platted AC Odessy but I need the complete the DLC trophies. in US Store the game with the pass is cheaper than my store and I do have an account for the US which I started recently downloading NA games for trophies. 

Edited by DaivRules

The question is what region is your game. If your game is R1 then yes, you can download the DLC from your US account and play it on your EU account.

However if your game is R2 then no, you will only wasting your money by buying the DLC from your US account because the game won't recognized the DLC. 

How do I know if a game is R1 or R2?

Posted (edited)

9 minutes ago, Solid-Fisch said:

The easiest way is to look at the Ratings Board Certificate on the case. If the game is from the US (R1), then it will have an ESRB Certificate but if it's from the EU (R2), then it will have a PEGI and/or German USK Certificate (though if it's a really old EU game, it might have a BBFC Certificate instead).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Posted (edited)

14 minutes ago, Solid-Fisch said:

CQcgBk8.jpg

If you have a physical copy of the game, check the spine of the box or the disc, it will have this logo. And any digital game that you bought from a US account will be R1, EU will be R2, Asia = R3, & Oceania = R4. 

Sometimes you might find this, 

pGrpAam.jpg

R All will only recognized DLC from US account.

Edited by pokwey
Addendum, another one.

That would remind me of the moment when I realized that I can't unlock all the gods in SMITE by buying the Ult. God Pack on the US store while the game is banned in my region store which is really hot cool if you ask me...

wow all this years and i cant understand these number .. thanks for clarification 

7 hours ago, cometowner said:

I would like to know is it possible I can download DLC in US account however I will play it in my region account which is likely EUR?

Simply:

I have the UAE/EUR account which I am using to play and earn the trophies. I have started and platted AC Odessy but I need the complete the DLC trophies. in US Store the game with the pass is cheaper than my store and I do have an account for the US which I started recently downloading NA games for trophies. 

also, probably obvious, but if you download the digital game from the EU store, you won't be able to play the DLC you download from the US store. they aren't cross compatible for licensing reasons.

I completed lego marvel avengers in ps4 with dlcs of na version and my account is from spain,my save data dont work in the dlcs but at least completed the game

11 minutes ago, locoporkko said:

I completed lego marvel avengers in ps4 with dlcs of na version and my account is from spain,my save data dont work in the dlcs but at least completed the game

That's because saves are also region locked so won't work with a copy of the game which isn't from the same country/region.