What do you guys think about stacking

JEDI_BROTHERS

Totally fine, I don't think you should ever let anyone else dictate what you play or how often, although some very reasonable rules apply if you want to be on the leaderboards. Goes without saying.

I do admit that there are different kinds of stacking though. On the one hand you have playing a game you love across multiple regions. I know I'll be doing that for Persona 4 Golden, and I doubt anyone would frown upon that. On the other hand, four stacks of Rata games across PS4 and Vita across regions. That's perhaps more of an eyebrow raiser, but I still think it's completely valid and up to the player in question.

Oh, and remaster stacking. Take the recently released Mafia II Definitive Edition for example. I doubt anyone will look down on you for playing that while you already have the original game done. Remasters and re-releases are so plentiful now, I doubt anyone bats an eye.

• Like 3

Personally, I don't. I can understand if you really enjoy a game and play it over multiple platforms over a number of years. However, if someone has 150 plats and most of them are doubled up, it's the equivalent of putting a sock down your pants. BUT, each to their own. 

I like that I've played Without Escape on the PSV and taken 3 hours to play it, but then I see people have played it on PS4 and PSV and taken 20 minutes each time. It disappoints me slightly, BUT, each to their own.

If I like the game ALOT, I will stack it (See my DMC and Dark Souls collection)

If I don't like the game, I will not stack (See my lack of Mayo stacks)

That's kinda it really :) 

Whoever wants to stack everything under the sun has all the rights to do so!

Edited by Copanele

Personally, I would / will never stack a game, as I just don't like seeing the same game twice (or up to six times) on my profile (aesthetically speaking). And I mean any game, be it the latest Rata game or something like Final Fantasy XV.

If I like a game enough, I don't need another set of trophies to play through it again. The game being good is reason enough for me to go back to it. 

I honestly also don't understand why there has to be more than one stack of any game. 

Edited by Arcesius

2 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

I honestly also don't understand why there has to be more than one stack of any game

Disgaea 3 PS3 and Disgaea 3 Vita have a lot of differences, as does D4 PS3 and Vita and they are considered stacks but have some different trophies between versions.

Now you understand why there can be more than one stack. 

Depends on the game, I only stack games I enjoyed (LA Noire, Uncharted series, Borderlands etc) but only if I feel like it otherwise I'll always play something new since I have such a huge library of things I really want to play. I think stacking purely for stats/plats is pretty garbage (stacking Rata, Mayo or whatever 10min plat you can think of).

Edited by Last-_-Judgment

5 minutes ago, F3AR_Shxrp said:

I stack PS4 and Vita games when they are crossbuy

This!

I already own the game for Vita and PS4, so there's nothing wrong with stacking those versions.

I'm not big into regional stacking (yet) but I probably will grab the third Witcher 3 plat sometimes later.

And I do grab a NA stack for some Rata games when I feel the need for a quick plat to boost my motivation. Or the game is worth playing again like both Devious Dungeons titles, I really like them.

I don't really like autopops, although I did do Sly 4 [granted haven't even earned the platinum on it and it won't properly sync my trophies so they're not even even now] and I guess Senran Kagura Estival Versus which doesn't let you just autopop everything, but does cut down the second plat a ton by popping most of it. From memory you just had to do the last part of a chapter or character's story to pop the trophies that didn't automatically unlock.

If I like a game I like earning trophies for it again. I could earn the R&C series trophies all over forever. And Jak & Daxter, that's always fun. I've done a lot of 100% stacks too, Machinarum I did on each platform, Flower, Journey, Unfinished Swan, Costume Quest [have done it on 360, and PC too], Trine [PC too]... just finished Bayonetta on both PS3 and PS4 recently[ish]. *shrug*

Do what you want.

edit; I don't bother with a regional stack, too expensive and I prefer the look of platform stacks over regional. It just looks and feels nice to see a game with PS3, PS4 and Vita [where applicable] have a platinum earned.

Edited by Elvick_

I couldn't care less, how someone decides to enjoy their games has nothing to do with me. If someone enjoys stacking, that doesn't have any effect on me or my experience playing a game, so what does it matter? 

Parker

• Like 2

I think people get too caught up on it to be honest. People like playing the same again, it's just one of them things.

There's literally nothing wrong with playing a different stack of a game.

In some instances it's even great. Persona 4, Witcher 3, Ezio Trilogy etc.

• Like 1

If it is a game I really enjoyed I don't mind stacking. There have been plenty of remasters from PS3 that have been remastered for PS4 and I gladly replayed. I'll most likely do the same next gen also.

What I won't do is create an account in another region to stack some of these recent releases with multiple trophy list. 

What people do with there time and money is up to them. As long as they are having fun.

I am not a fan of stacking for the most part. Seeing multiple of the same trophy set in a list doesnt look appealing to me (really hate the Sly trilogy too). Stacks like the most recent Mafia 2 remaster which have a different image would look decent in profiles but i personally would still stay away from it. Hundreds of new games to play that i see no point in stacking.

If i wanted to replay a game i wouldnt want to do the trophies all over anyway. Bioshock for example is a game i plan on playing again someday. Fuck doing those trophies again though. 

I do play some imported games when they come out because I know very well it will be around a 2 year wait for an English release and I'm impatient.  I'll also play those games again in English if they do get localized.  I haven't gone so far as to get an account in another region to buy imports, I just import the physical copy.  If a game is cross buy and gives multiple stacks, I'll eventually play all of them.  I personally feel if I own a stack of a game that has unearned trophies that the stack is still part of my backlog.

I've also purposely bought additional stacks of a NA version of a game that has additional content on another platform.  I only do this if I like the game enough to want to play it again and am curious about the additional content.  However, there have been some cases where I was itching to play a game again and had sold the original copy I had and buying the port/remaster was less expensive.

Don't care what other people do.  If someone wants to spend money on all the regional stacks and play them, that's their deal.  Don't even care about autopops because that's something the dev decided to include.  I'd only care if they cheated.

Edited by ladynadiad

If the games are free, like PS3 and PS4 version, eh, why not? :)  Also stacked Demon's Souls 3 times, because I just like playing the game, and it gave me extra motivation to replay the games multiple more times.

Edited by MMDE

6 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Who doesn't like replaying games they really enjoyed?

OP, why haven't you shared how you feel about stacking?

I was wondering how the community felt. Personally I wouldn't do it unless its a console stack on a game I really like (minecraft, call of duty, etc.) But as you can see by my profile I don't have any stacks mostly because I don't want to buy one game multiple times

21 minutes ago, JEDI_BROTHERS said:

I was wondering how the community felt. Personally I wouldn't do it unless its a console stack on a game I really like (minecraft, call of duty, etc.) But as you can see by my profile I don't have any stacks mostly because I don't want to buy one game multiple times

Would you play another stack if you didn't have to buy multiple copies?  Like you bought a game and it's cross buy so you get two versions and own both consoles.  They each have their own trophy stack.  Would you play both or just the one on your preferred console?

• Like 1